[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>long awaited remakes of hoenn >they're just poorly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 146
Thread images: 15

>long awaited remakes of hoenn

>they're just poorly made trash games, with cut content and simplified features, made by GF to get easy money with little effort

Why was the entirety of Gen 6 such a fucking mistake? I'm so glad it's over and we never got Z.
>>
still better than xy and sm
>>
>>32180112
And it was still immensely better than sun and moon
>>
ORAS and XY were far from perfect or even just great Pokémon games, but the Player Search System alone deserves more points out of 10 than Sun and Moon combined.
>>
>>32180112
>with cut content
only from emerald which they aren't remakes of :^)
>>
>>32180112
>with cut content
Such as?
>inb4 le battle frontier meme

As far as I remember, ORAS added a lot of stuff instead of cutting (e.g. new items for Secret Bases, new major NPCs, Mirage Islands, Delta Episode and so on) while bringing Ruby and Sapphire to the modern day with updated mechanics (most importantly physical/special split, the lack of which makes the original games incredibly outdated). Many of the redesigned areas in ORAS are really cool and PSS is still by far the best way online features have been handled in the series, so I'd say the games are overall pretty good. I know it's a cool meme to hate Gen VI but it's getting pretty stale at this point.
>>
>>32180112
Not that gen 7 is doing better so far.
Compared to SM, ORAS were fucking masterpieces.
Pokemon just died after bw2.
>>
>>32180175
Best Post.
>>
>>32180142
This hurts anti- ORAS fags a lot. :)
>>
>>32180175
Dexnav as well, the Battle Resort island (with the second daycare and a fantastic hatching path), and Blissey Bases for quick leveling up.
And also kept hordes and chain fishing for shiny hunters.

The difficulty curve was noticeably weak, but that may be due to me having played through Ruby and Emerald before ORAS released.
>>
Honestly, it'd be more fair to compare XY to SM, being the first paired games of a new generation. ORAS aren't perfect, but I feel like they made the rest of Gen 6 tolerable.
>>
>>32180175
The only cut content was the Game Corner. That's it.
>>
>>32180175
>I know it's a cool meme to hate Gen VI but it's getting pretty stale at this point.

It's not a meme that XY were shit and aged like milk.
>>
>>32180274
>Dexnav as well
How could I forget that? Dexnav is pretty much my favorite addition in ORAS. I was so hyped that I could get egg moves and hidden abilities on my first playthrough. Such a great feature. Soaring too, even though it's more of a novelty.

>>32180286
XY are good games and I like them a lot, although not as much as ORAS.
>>
>>32180299
Same here. It made my nuzlocke a bit more interesting, picking up a Rain Dish Tentacruel and Zebstrika for the team, thanks to dexnav. Also got Drifblim from soaring.

It was nice to have more, unique ways to encounter Pokemon.
>>
File: 1482365319859.png (277KB, 600x519px) Image search: [Google]
1482365319859.png
277KB, 600x519px
>>32180142
>>with cut content
>only from emerald which they aren't remakes of :^)

So you are telling me GF should use the base games instead of the improved third version as reference for making remakes. Yes, that sounds totally reasonable and makes sense.
>>
>>32180402
>Yes, that sounds totally reasonable and makes sense.
Last time I checked it wasn't Delta Emerald, so yes.
What kind of a R/S remake is it if it's not based on them?
>>
>>32180112
I'll say it again: ORAS were real good but the lack of frontier made /vp/ too assblasted to ever admit this
>>
>>32180112
>Implying that SM is any better
>>
>>32180402
they've been doing this since FRLG

only gen 2 remakes had stuff from third game.
>>
>>32180438
Emerald is a remake of ruby and sapphire. So it would follow to incorporate it in the second remakes, like HGSS did with crystal.
I know you're just playing the fun, but come on.
>>
>>32180453
Yellow had too much anime-specific weird stuff. It woulda been dumb to make it the base of the remakes.
>>
File: IMG_0220.jpg (21KB, 250x238px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0220.jpg
21KB, 250x238px
>>32180438
>It's okay to leave out one of the biggest features of Gen. 3 because of some BS technicality
>>
File: 1486031104862.jpg (759KB, 1366x2254px) Image search: [Google]
1486031104862.jpg
759KB, 1366x2254px
>>32180112
>I'm so glad it's over and we never got Z

I'm not. ORAS is not gen 4 and 5 tier but sure is better than Sun and Moon. I can't believe that game took 3 years to make, the mistakes, feedback of gen 6 and they somehow decided that was fine to make a rushed game with a small region having almost no dungeons, cutscene and dialogue so heavy that you feel like you're playing a VN, full of framerate drops, a worse online experience and lacking more than half of the megastones while making a gimmick mechanic to show "hey, pokémon got super-moves too, like yokai watch. Come see!"
>>
>>32180521
>but sure is better than Sun and Moon
Is this even a surprise? They're the second games of a generation.
Your comparison is inherently stupid
>>
>>32180521
does ORAS have any inaccessible areas?
>>
With the release of generation V all the people shitting on it, after the release of gen VI, generation V is a masterpiece and XY a shit, now even when it's pretty obvious that SM are much better games than XY/Oras, is shit because why not, and XY is the best thing ever.
Why, is /vp/ retarded or only a big troll.
I can't not laugh when i think on this stupid facts.
>>
>>32180482
Not him but Emerald basically changed the game. Crystal did fuck all to GS.
>>
>>32180494
>it's okay to leave it out of the next fucking game
>it's okay to leave it out of the next gen
>but it's not okay to leave it out in a remake of them
Eh.
>>
>>32180540
Not a single one.
>>
>>32180534

Did you even read the rest of his post? Game Freak has been doing this long enough to where the first games shouldn't be in the state they're in. This "It's the first game of a generation so it's okay" excuse is weak when Sun and Moon are the THIRD set of 3DS Pokemon games.
>>
>>32180547
Just because some people like Generation VI more than the shit SM gave us, does not mean that they like Generation VI much.
>>
>>32180602
>This "It's the first game of a generation so it's okay" excuse is weak when Sun and Moon are the THIRD set of 3DS Pokemon games.
It's not though? Generation doesn't mean the console.
The game doesn't have tutors other than the burasto baan guy, and neither do R/S, D/P, B/W or X/Y, all of which lack a lot of stuff compared to either their later remakes or later releases.
When new pokemon are introduced, a new generation begins, and it always begins with a shittier game, if I dare say it.
>>
>>32180547
SM might be better than XY but definitely not ORAS
>>
>>32180572
This.
>>32180566
Also this.
>>
>>32180540
Yes they do indeed. I was so disappointed with New Mauville.
>>
>>32180181
I completely agree. It's a damn shame. I actually still haven't even finished Moon. What a disappointment
>>
>>32180521
I am. I liked ORAS for the secret bases but it was a remake, which means no new Pokemon. We got some new megas I guess, but those are temporary and you can only use one.
SM has some of my favorite Pokemon designs in the series, and that's what puts it above XYORAS in my eyes.
>>
File: 1474188438154.gif (466KB, 470x320px) Image search: [Google]
1474188438154.gif
466KB, 470x320px
>>32180112
They're as bad as they are because the majority of the people who buy the games are either really complacent due to only having a casual interest in the franchise (which there's nothing wrong with that) or defend any and all faults with a game because they feel compelled to as fanboys.

Game Freak does what it does because it can get away with it.
>>
Pokemon games peaked in Gen 4 with an acceptable sidestep in Gen 5.

We'll probably never get games on par with those again. I may quit the series if the next games don't step things up.
>>
>>32180442
ORAS has tons of flaws outside the Frontier. A lot are other Emerald improvements that got ignored, but it has problems compared to RS as well even if you're one of those people who think ignoring Emerald content isn't a major flaw in design philosophy, and problems with some of the new things not in RSE (though most of those are related to the Delta Episode).
>>
>>32180778
Just quit now, things will never appeal to the standards you hope it will. Sometimes franchises leave some old fans behind when they attract new fans, it's just something that happens.
>>
File: 566px-New_Mauville_ORAS.png (366KB, 566x599px) Image search: [Google]
566px-New_Mauville_ORAS.png
366KB, 566x599px
>>32180175
>Many of the redesigned areas in ORAS are really cool
>>
>>32180767

This is true, unfortunately. The best thing to do for change is to simply stop buying future games or pirate them if you really must see first-hand how they are.
>>
>>32180796
>A lot are other Emerald improvements that got ignored
Which were?
>>
>>32180803
I don't disagree. I'm willing to wait and see what comes next, though. XY added some new favorite Pokemon for me, and while they weren't as good as some of the older games, I still enjoyed them.

SM just isn't doing it for me though.
>>
>>32180842
Yeah, that's all good, I hope it will be good too.
I love SM purely because of the Pokemon, many of which are among my favorites. That's what I hope for in the next gen, good Pokemon.

I can see why people on /vp/ dislike it though, but I hope that the next games will be less divisive and help older fans still enjoy stuff.
>>
>>32180752
New Mauville has 69 underground floors. Unless you expected all of them to be explorable... this doesn´t count like an inaccessible location.
>>
>>32180880
>I hope that the next games will be less divisive and help older fans still enjoy stuff.

Honestly if they just lay off with all the friends and pointless dialogue and give us a good region to explore that would help immensely.

Though they really should include a difficulty option or something. Even the Elite Four has been piss easy lately. I've been getting to where I don't even want to battle trainers because it's just "Press A to Win." Only thing keeping me in it is building my living dex.

I do love some of the new Pokemon, at least. That also keeps me going.
>>
File: spontaneous double battle.png (7KB, 240x176px) Image search: [Google]
spontaneous double battle.png
7KB, 240x176px
>>32180831
I don't have the time to make multi-post textwalls today sadly, but to talk about the biggest one and the one that fucking drives me insane that ORAS doesn't have it, the improved double battle system from Emerald.

In RS and ORAS, all double battles are hardcoded as such and. without exception in the former and with several multi battles as the only exceptions in the latter, always have exactly two Pokémon on the opponent's teams.

Emerald completely rehauled how double battles work, and while there are some hardcoded double battles still, it's now possible to enter a double battle against two separate trainers who otherwise would engage you in two single battles, if you walk into their line of sight at the same time. Sometimes the maps are created so a double battle is unavoidable, other times this creates the choice of whether you want to do them one at a time and avoid the double battle or take on both at the same time and get a double battle with three or four, and if I remember correctly rarely five, Pokémon.

The best-remembered change in the game that resulted from this overhaul is Liza & Tate going from the most laughably bad Gym Leader battles relative to their position in the game in the franchise to a decent battle with four Pokémon (even if three of them still die to a Surf), but these spontaneous double battles are everywhere in Emerald.

This overhaul was so good it's retained in DPPt and HGSS. That they went back to the old method in ORAS was fucking infuriating to me. It's the biggest step back you could possibly make with double battle systems. I know they dropped this improvement before ORAS because XY didn't have it either, but to not bring it back just shows to me that they completely ignored everything good about Emerald when designing ORAS.

And the only thing more infuriating than the devs completely ignoring ORAS is people defending it with "they're Ruby/Sapphire remakes :^)" like that's not a fucking terrible design philosophy.
>>
>>32180926
*more infuriating than the devs completely ignoring Emerald in ORAS

Also the Delta Episode completely fucked up the multi battle in Mossdeep. The Mossdeep takeover in the Delta Episode was one of the only things they DIDN'T ignore from Emerald, and they managed to even fuck that up somehow. Despite this happening in the POSTGAME, where the handholding would normally stop since the kids who only play for the sake of winning would have moved on, they made this double battle somehow easier than when you normally fight it as a plot point seven badges into Emerald. Assuming you have a full team, the Emerald battle is a 9v6 fight, basically the only full battle in the game outside fighting Wallace as the Champion and Steven in the postgame. ORAS decided that wasn't stacked in your favor heavily enough, so not only does Steven use his ENTIRE Champion team, they for some fucking reason NERFED the enemy team to only using three Pokémon.

I'm going to actually stop ranting now before this does turn into a giant textwall where I criticize the entire game, though.
>>
>>32180912
Yes it does. Even a couple floors would have been better than "lol look the door is locked."
Fuck that.
>>
>>32180926
Where there was 1 Trainer with 2 Pokemon on his team in Ruby/Sapphire, there are 2 Trainers with 1 Pokemon each, in Emerald. You literally fight the same amount of Pokemon, just with one more opposite trainer on the screen.

And you call that an IMPROVEMENT? IMO it is a simple reskin of the same thing. It´s not better, or worse, just different.

I don´t miss it in newer Pokemon games.
>>
>>32180986
You not only didn't read my post to see where I pointed out how they often had more than two Pokémon in these battles, you didn't even look at the fucking image I posted, which shows an example of a double battle where the enemy trainers combined have four Pokémon. The double battle in the image I posted is on Route 113, and can be accessed as early as three badges into the game.
>>
>>32180926
>>32180978
call me whatever you want but isn't that kind of a uh, a pretty minor thing
>>
>>32180112
>I'm so glad it's over
Gen 7 is worse.
>>
>>32181002
How is increasing the amount of double battles in the game and increasing the number of Pokémon on enemy rosters during double battles minor? It increases the difficulty curve of the game and makes double battles more interesting because enemy teams can do more.
>>
>>32181012
I mean, it's just doubles.
If anything I'd prefer doubles because you get to train your team easier that way
>>
>>32181000
1. I did read your post, and just checked Bulbapedia. In this case, you are right. But in most cases, it is as I said: they added an additional Trainer in Emerald, and devided the Pokemon of the RS trainer between the 2, resulting in the same amount of Pokemon...

And Emerald also lowered a lot of the levels of said overworld NPC battles. A lot of their teams are 1-2 levels lower than they were in RS. But you prefer to omit that.
>>32181012
If you are so impressed by a game adding more mons to the enemy´s roster, then you should be more impressed with ORAS than with Emerald.

Because in the final rematches on the trainers that you can rematch via Trainer´s Eye, ORAS has more Pokemon per battle, and on 10- 15 levels avarage higher than Emerald´s final teams.

Also, ORAS has Poekmon League rematches with full teams of 6, plus Megastones for each battle, all the Pokemon Between level 70 and 79. Emerald only has 4 Pokemon per battle in the Pokemon Legue, and they are all in their 50´s. With no postgame remacthes at all.

ORAS´s toughest Pokemon battles are vs rematch Steven and rematch Wally. Both of them have Pokemon 5- 7 Levels higher than Postgame Steven, who is Emerald´s toughest postgame battle! And, again, also have Mega Stones which make the battles even tougher.
>>
File: 1431280256933.jpg (121KB, 400x390px) Image search: [Google]
1431280256933.jpg
121KB, 400x390px
>>32180806
I just went through that place in AS. What were they thinking, fucking it up like this?
>>
>>32180112
All I wanted were multi contest and megas of my favorites.
>No multi contest
>No buy
>>
>>32180112
Instead of this we should get a new story in old place. That would actualy explain new mauvile.
>>
>>32181441
All I wanted were Battle Frontier and Mega Flygon

Oh well, at least I didn't pay a cent for it
>>
>>32181240
>ORAS´s toughest Pokemon battles are vs rematch Steven and rematch Wally. Both of them have Pokemon 5- 7 Levels higher than Postgame Steven, who is Emerald´s toughest postgame battle

Not the guy you're arguing with, but the new EXP-Share makes those level comparisons meaningless. The player will have way higher levels than in original Emerald at that point.
>>
>>32180175
>Such as?

Battle Frontier. Game Corner. Gym rematches. Berry blending. Sky Pillar. Mirage Tower.

>but muh new gen mechanics!
I can play ANY modern game if I want these. If I'm playing ORAS I'm playing it for Hoenn. Not modern mechanics.

>but BF is just a meme!
Yet it alone provides more post-game content than ORAS.
>>
File: Gym Leaders and Elite Four.png (1MB, 3308x1566px) Image search: [Google]
Gym Leaders and Elite Four.png
1MB, 3308x1566px
>>32181240
>If you are so impressed by a game adding more mons to the enemy´s roster, then you should be more impressed with ORAS than with Emerald.
Why? I always avoid regular trainer rematches before postgame to avoid overleveling, and the Gym Leader teams in Emerald are objectively larger. ORAS may have E4 rematches when Emerald doesn't, but Emerald has Gym Leader rematches where ORAS doesn't, and there are more Gym Leaders than E4 members.

And all the Gym Leader rematches are double battles in Emerald, too.
>>
honestly anyone who prefers ORAS to SM doesn't deserve to play video games
>>
>>32180142
And you know, Granite Cave and the original ash collection mechanic.
>>
>>32180142
>We should make remakes of the old games' beta versions instead of the final, updated version because of the product's NAME.
This is your logic. The product name is nothing but marketing. It is undeniable that leaving out Emerald content is leaving out content that should have been there, as Emerald IS Ruby/Sapphire's true, final version.
>>
>>32181479
What if someone doesn't use it?

Oh.

>>32181498
>RS
>BF, Gym Rematches, Mirage Tower

>>32181677
>Granite Cave
>cut
>>
{32181536}

Too obvious. Not getting a (You)
>>
>>32181721
This.

I do hope most people who use the argument are just shitposting, but I know at least a few people are actually serious and are that deluded.
>>
File: 1460998674145.png (190KB, 540x482px) Image search: [Google]
1460998674145.png
190KB, 540x482px
>>32181536
I'd easily take a weak remake of a good game over a glorified interactive movie with a shit story anytime.
>>
>>32180402
you're a retard, stop replying to bait
>>
>>32181901
this
>>
>>32180453
There wasn't really anything they could add from the third versions of Gen 1. JP Blue had no extra content at all, only bugfixes and graphical updates, and Yellow was almost all anime content regarding additions. You definitely could've added something like the Surfing Pikachu minigame without it being a clear anime reference, but I get why Game Freak just didn't bother.

I fucking hate that SM has major anime references with Ash-Greninja and Ash-Pikachu. Hang Ohmori by the gallows for that shit.
>>
>>32180540
The frontier
>>
>>32182048
predictable answer is predictable
>>
>>32181479
You can always, you know, turn thr Exp Share OFF.

Shocking, I know.

>>32181518
And ORAS also has the 5 Battle Resort Type Expert, all with level 60 Poke

And ORAS also has the Mauville Food Court Restaurant battles.

And ORAS also has MORE Secret Base battles, since the maximum amount of Bases was around 20 in RSE, but is 30 in ORAS.

ORAS wins by a landslide, no matter how you calculate extra trainers.
>>
>>32180566
Japanese Crystal had a lot more content
>>
File: 1385423307814.png (403KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
1385423307814.png
403KB, 600x400px
>>32182346
Anon, no amount of condescension is going to convince me that ORAS wasn't the weakest remake by a landslide.

Not going to comment on the Battle Resort Type Experts, I suppose they do exist.

Mauville Food Court is a goddamn copypaste from XY. I try to avoid counting things like Trainer Hill when propping up Emerald, I ask you to do the same with XY content.

Secret Bases are multiplayer content, I'm not going to tally it or Emerald toward how many good single player battles there are.

You're really stretching to try and make your remake seem superior to Emerald. What do you get out of it? I doubt Game Freak is paying you to shill when the game is two and a half years old, why do you do it for free?
>>
>>32181536
Why would anybody prefer SM to ORAS?
>>
>>32182493
>Anon, no amount of condescension is going to convince me that ORAS wasn't the weakest remake by a landslide.
That´s subjective and it´s fine for you to believe it. My post is objective, though. Not subjective. ORAS does have more battles.

>Not going to comment on the Battle Resort Type Experts, I suppose they do exist.
Congrats.

>Mauville Food Court is a goddamn copypaste from XY. I try to avoid counting things like Trainer Hill when propping up Emerald, I ask you to do the same with XY content.
Mauville Food Court is not a copy paste of XY. This proves you haven´t even tried it. Poor bait, mate.
>Secret Bases are multiplayer content, I'm not going to tally it or Emerald toward how many good single player battles there are.
Super Secret Bases were multiplayer content in RSE, I agree, because you needed to interact with an other player to use them.
However, in ORAS, they are not multi content, because you don´t need an other person. You just connect to the internet, and a ton of Bases automatically download to your game, without the need to ask people to echange, etc.

Also, we have QR Codes that enable us to scan bases anytime we choose to...

You're really stretching to try and make your remake seem superior to Emerald. What do you get out of it? I doubt Game Freak is paying you to shill when the game is two and a half years old, why do you do it for free?I don´t even think ORAS is better than Emerald, I put both on the same level, on par.

You are just a sorry ass hater who doesn´t even have his ORAS facts right. Iam not convinced you have even played ORAS, seeing how you got half of your facts about it wrong.
>>
>>32182493
>Anon, no amount of condescension is going to convince me that ORAS wasn't the weakest remake by a landslide.
That´s subjective and it´s fine for you to believe it. My post is objective, though. Not subjective. ORAS does have more battles.

>Not going to comment on the Battle Resort Type Experts, I suppose they do exist.
Congrats.

>Mauville Food Court is a goddamn copypaste from XY. I try to avoid counting things like Trainer Hill when propping up Emerald, I ask you to do the same with XY content.
Mauville Food Court is not a copy paste of XY. This proves you haven´t even tried it. Poor bait, mate.
>Secret Bases are multiplayer content, I'm not going to tally it or Emerald toward how many good single player battles there are.
Super Secret Bases were multiplayer content in RSE, I agree, because you needed to interact with an other player to use them.
However, in ORAS, they are not multi content, because you don´t need an other person. You just connect to the internet, and a ton of Bases automatically download to your game, without the need to ask people to echange, etc.

Also, we have QR Codes that enable us to scan bases anytime we choose to...

>You're really stretching to try and make your remake seem superior to Emerald. What do you get out of it? I doubt Game Freak is paying you to shill when the game is two and a half years old, why do you do it for free?

I don´t even think ORAS is better than Emerald, I put both on the same level, on par.

You are just a sorry ass hater who doesn´t even have his ORAS facts right. Iam not convinced you have even played ORAS, seeing how you got half of your facts about it wrong.
>>
>>32182588
I prefer it because of the great new Pokemon
Sole reason I play the games tbqh
Also why remakes don't appeal to me, no new Pokemon, just the old stuff again.
>>
>>32182588
Gee I don't know, maybe because it has a fuckton of new content instead of a rehash of a region that isn't even as good as Emerald?
>>
>>32182588
SM is new, adds new features, tries new things.

ORAS is 75% rehash of RSE, 10% rehash of XY, and the last 15% of new stuff is actually worse than Emerald.

People only like ORAS for nostalgia.
>>
>>32182808
Gentlemen, we have reached a critical amount of retardation.
This shit physically hurts me through my screen.
I'm out, I can not take this shit any longer.

Hopefully every single last one of you autists dies a horrific death, no matter what cancer group you belong too.

PS: Fuck Sun and Moon. Long live Pokémon.
>>
>>32182830
Good riddance, don't let the door hit you on your way out, faggot
>>
>>32182808
>adds new features, tries new things.
Such as?
Because a lot of things were just renames and rehashes of previous features.
>>
>>32182830
What if I just prefer new games to remakes since >>32182736
>>
>>32182745
>fuckton of new content
>royals
That's it.
>>
>>32182862
Then you're missing about 7/8ths of the point of Pokemon.
>>
>>32182853
Z-Moves, Ride Pokémon, Hyper Training, being able to EV train or hatch mass amounts of Pokémon literally while you sleep, overhaul of the fishing system, SOS battles, various new abilities, changes to things like Prankster, etc.
>>
>>32182862
if you prefer new pokemon over old pokemon. then you've have come to wrong region.

alola is 85% kanto, 10% alola and 5% other.
>>
>>32181355
It's not like there was anything worthwhile before.
>>
>>32182917
Alola dex is 27% new.

I just did the math.
>>
>>32182888
Well that's too bad. The Pokemon themselves are wonderful things and Alola itself has many of my favorites, especially as far as bug types go. Remakes just lack any of that magic of going to a new place and seeing the new Pokemon, hunting down the rare ones, etc. It's just kind of boring to redo it, save for the superior online and trading. I guess some people don't care about the Pokemon but I do.
>>32182917
I don't think you get what I mean. I love the new designs, not specifically the new Pokedex. Alola generally has a ton of my favorite Pokemon, regardless of the kanto boogeyman that /vp/ conjures. Stuff like Buzzwole, Golisopod, Alolan Muk, all great. I enjoy playing the games that have new Pokemon and using my favorites regardless of the campaign. I said one thing yesterday and I'll say it again, a Pokemon game could be an incredible masterpiece with all regions, ten times the postgame of all the other games combined, and a skippable story with writing that rivals the best RPGs ever made, and it would still be a game I couldn't enjoy as a Pokemon game if the designs of the Pokemon were shitty.
>>
>>32182913
You can tell someone is grasping when they list negatives and downgrades as new features.
I mean I'm sure people totally wanted specific fishing spots and the trash known as SOS battles which aren't particularly new seeing as they're just wild doubles which is a gen 5 feature.

Rides are just HMs
Hyper training is just about useless nor is it actually a feature people can actively use due to the rarity and tedious nature of bottle caps.
And the Pelago is all but useless because you can train a group of mon in minutes normally. But hey its new and technically a feature even though it's useless for a player who's in deep enough to EV train anyway.
And are you really counting abilities as a new feature when they were introduced in gen 3 well over what, 13 years ago?
Not to mention changes like that happen every gen.

Z moves themselves are just moves with a little flash to it while being more lazy than megas mind you.

So basically there's the Pelago that's a new feature. Just one little feature for all that we lost.
That's pathetic.
>>
>OP makes a thread to discuss one gen, never mentions the others
>thread devolves into shitflinging about the new ones
Never change /vp/, never change. It's like I'm on /v/-lite.
>>
>>32182981
You can tell someone is grasping when their counterargument is "I, personally, didn't like it so it doesn't count"
>>
>>32182995
>I, personally, didn't like it so it doesn't count"
Is that really how you're interpreting that? We're talking about use and new features.
As is stands the stuff you listed is either a rehash of a previous feature, entirely useless or the Pelago.

You aren't too smart are you.
>>
>>32182675
>You just connect to the internet
That's a multiplayer thing.
>we have QR Codes
With the exception of a couple event bases, those are given to you by other players, making it multiplayer.

>I am not convinced you have even played ORAS, seeing how you got half of your facts about it wrong.
Well I haven't played the food court more than a couple times in both XY and ORAS so I'll take your word that they aren't identical to the XY restaurants. What exactly changed between XY and ORAS regarding the food court?
>>
>>32182888
>tfw this is why I play
I strongly disagree, the Pokemon are at least 2/3rds of the whole thing. Without them it wouldn't be anything, just another monster raising/catching game.
>>
>>32182930
True, but placing a blocked off staircase in the center of the room with the sole purpose of making people think that there might be more to it is not cool.
>>
>>32180806
Mauville itself was improved. Definitely not the same as the power plant, but I don't miss it that much
>>
>>32182913
I bet all your competitive pokemon have 252/252/4 ev spreads.
>>
>>32183315
>Mauville itself was improved.
It destroyed the flow of the region. Mauville in RSE was a crossroads. It wasn't meant to be a big town, it was meant to be a "if you go here you can travel ANYWHERE IN THE ENTIRE REGION WHOA" marvel.

I get that this wouldn't work in Gen 6 because the Gen 6 engine is fucking trash and they added route gates all over the region, but I still think "crossroads to the entire region" is a lot cooler than "shopping mall city that ends up being bigger than the actual main city of the region (Lilycove)."

I may be biased here though because I hate the general trend of making cities so large they require multiple loading zones, feel free to ignore me.
>>
>>32183343
That would be retarded. 252 Spe is for Pokémon on common speeds tiers and running it on odd tiers is wasting points, and defences are only there to ensure survival of common threats.

Thankfully, Pelago works in increments of 4, so I can fine tune with ease.
>>
>>32183383
I think any given region should only have one city with more than one zone, and that one shouldn't exceed three.

Goldenrod was a good example of what a main city should be like.
>>
>>32182867
>new region
>new pokemon
>new characters
>new story
>new mechanics

Yeah, ok.
>>
>>32183737
So you mean the same shit as every gen?
Except it isn't, the new pokemon are not only few but have absurd rarity unlike previous gens bar 2.
The region lacks adequate exploration in the sense that there's no sense of discovery. Everything is out in the open.
Not to mention the lack of level design.
Characters are bland yet have way too much presence in the game killing any replay value.
And it doesn't really add any new mechanics.
>>
>>32184086
>So you mean the same shit as every gen?

Yes. And it's still better than ORAS. ORAS isn't even as good as the other two remakes.
>>
>>32184193
>And it's still better than ORAS
Yeah no. As long as what I said still applies to SM it's one of the worst games to date.
>>
>>32184206
I'd rather have everything you listed as NEW content than a rehash that is worse than an 11 year old game.
>>
>>32184227
So you'd rather have something that's not only a rehash but has essentially trampled over any meaningful addition made in the last 7 years?

You alolasomes really don't like pokemon do you.
>>
>>32184227
This. Always this.

A game could be a 9/10 and if it were a remake of a game which is still a 10/10 it's a shit game. ORAS is more like a 7/10 following up Emerald's 9/10, and that's a fucking travesty.
>>
>>32180112
ORAS games were a lot of fun and nothing was wrong with them.
>>
File: 1444540309643.png (846KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1444540309643.png
846KB, 700x700px
>>32180112
Hey, at least ORAS is objectively better than any gen 4 game, and the best remake by far.
>>
>>32184255
>A game could be a 9/10 and if it were a remake of a game which is still a 10/10 it's a shit game.
What the fuck is this logic?
Or are you just attempting a samefag because no one else is dumb enough to agree?
>>
>>32184227
>that is worse than an 11 year old game.
>still has leagues of content above Emerald and SM
Kek.

I mean, I like Emerald too but it's pretty clear that you have no clue what you're talking about. Emerald certainly has more variety but ORAS by far has more to do in the long run.
SM on the other hand is just outright bad. I mean it's the first game to not only remove one battle mode but three all because of the trainer gimmick.
>>
what if
I liked ORAS
and
I liked SM

what then
>>
>>32184373
Let me spell this out for you more simply.

Releasing a second, inferior version of a good game is great for parting fools from their money, but terrible if your intention is to be a legitimate creator.

If you can't improve on the original then don't slap a few changes on it, ones that literally make it worse, and then pretend it's not just a lazy cash grab.

If that doesn't make sense to you, this is why you are a pathetic nostalgiafag.
>>
>>32184362
OTRAS Is objectively better than the whole previous gen, you guys can whine and complain all you want but the only reason ORAS is highly judge is because R/S where already great games to begin with
>>
>>32184392
Mass Effect has a ton to do, far more than Mass Effect 2, but Mass Effect 2 is easily the better game because Mass Effect 1's content is mostly inane repetition.

Emerald to ORAS is a similar dynamic.
>>
>>32184399
>If you can't improve on the original then don't slap a few changes on it, ones that literally make it worse, and then pretend it's not just a lazy cash grab.
And yet here you are defending SM. A bit hypocritical no.
I mean you even say the problem right there.

>If you can't improve on the original then don't slap a few changes on it, ones that literally make it worse
Replacing hordes with SOS battles actively made the game worse
Removing Triples and rotations for useless trainer models made the game worse.
The new Pokemon are for the most part too slow to make a change and the Tapu are a cancer in general.
Removing the PSS and every accompanying feature for the Festival Plaza actively made the game worse
Taking Join Avenue's gimmick and adding a more RNG system made it worse.

Are you starting to see the problem in what you're doing?
You're basically saying a remake is automatically bad because it's just a remake as opposed to actually altering something to make it actually bad.
>>
I recently replayed them and they really aren't that bad. At least, the main game is fun, and the game looks all right. It's not great, but I wouldn't say it's any worse than X and y.
>>
>>32184397
Then you have low standards which means you are a Game Freak-cum guzzling cuck.
>>
>>32180112
>long awaited remakes of hoenn
They aren't actually long awaited. It was just a meme that went too far.
>>
>>32184464
that's not very nice anon
>>
>>32184447
>And yet here you are defending SM.
Which one of Alola's islands can you find it any other Pokémon game?

Zero. QED. I won't respond to your lazy trolling any further.
>>
>>32184421
What exactly defines "inane repetition" to you in pokemon?
The BF didn't exactly introduce any new elements to the game you know as much as base facilities around preexisting ones.
Then there's the repetition required to complete the area as well as things like EV training back in gen 3 to do said facilities.

Needless to say Emerald would require more "inane repetition" than any other game. Even Gen 4 gave us the power items to speed up the processes involved
>>
>>32184483
>I won't respond to your lazy trolling any further.
Simply because you can't argue against those facts. SM is literally the game that fucked everything over.
>>
>tfw I like all the games
>but I usually play only the newest ones because they have the ability to have all the Pokemon in them
>love UBs too much to go back, especially wiggly wire tree man
>but want to visit my little secret base
>tfw I will never be able to bring my Xurkitree to hang out in a base or experience a base without ugly chibis
It hurts. Why can't they combine all of the 3DS games into one big shebang? The amazing Pokemon designs of SM, the fun secret bases of ORAS, the online of XY. Wouldn't it be nice?
>>
What is this fad to hate X and Y? I thought they were bretty gud, I enjoyed them. I put like 250+ hours into it.
>>
File: 1472068742734.png (228KB, 428x298px) Image search: [Google]
1472068742734.png
228KB, 428x298px
>>32184489
>BF didn't exactly introduce any new elements to the game
All the facilities besides the Tower had gimmicks of varying intensity. The Pyramid is a fucking dungeon crawler, man.
>>
>>32183059
>That's a multiplayer thing.
It´s not. Once you press the connect icon on your PSS, dozens of Secret Bases download to your game automatically, whether you want them or not.
Multiplayer activities, mean activities that require more than one player to function. Super Secre Bases require only one player: you. So it´s single player content xD

>Well I haven't played the food court more than a couple times in both XY and ORAS so I'll take your word that they aren't identical to the XY restaurants. What exactly changed between XY and ORAS regarding the food court?
In the Kalos restaurants you are told in how many turns you need to win each battles. If you take more or less turns, you lose points.

In the Food Court, you are told in how many turns you have to take *in total, between all 7 battles*.

This is actually more similar to the Alola Battle Buffet, than to the Kalos restaurants. And ORAS came out before SM...
>>
File: 1456267546520.jpg (19KB, 273x153px) Image search: [Google]
1456267546520.jpg
19KB, 273x153px
>>32184529
So where exactly are the new elements.
Pyramid was a dungeon with a flash style mechanic similar, if not exactly, like Brawly's gym where the area would brighten with each defeated trainer if I remember right.
>>
>>32184519
>Why can't Game Freak combine all good things from all the different games into one game?
People have been asking that for generations.

>>32184528
People have hated XY since the games were released. /vp/ has never not hated XY, except possibly during the week of release when everyone was caught up in the hype.

>>32184536
>xD
Do not do that

>Once you press the connect icon on your PSS, dozens of Secret Bases download to your game automatically, whether you want them or not.
That's because you get automatically connected to other players via Spotpass. If no other players were connected, you would receive no Secret Bases.

And thank you for pointing out the differences in the food facilities.
>>
>>32184556
>for generations
aw that sucks
Well I like SM so it isn't a huge problem for me but I still wish I could have some chill time in a base with my 12 ft electro man.
>>
>>32184556
I mean what was so bad about them?
>>
>>32184556
>People have hated XY since the games were released.
Wrong, up until Bank happened everyone was pretty chill with XY and just did friend safaris, traded breedjects to help people out and so on.
>>
>>32184573
Learn how to make romhacks and put the SM mon into ORAS.
Won't be able to take it online but 2 out of 3 is alright.
>>
>>32184591
hacking is hard
I could probably figure out a way to stuff the model in like people do for custom Pokemon hacks, but it's not the same and from what I've seen it fucks up the dex. I've caught every possible wild Pokemon in ORAS so I don't want to mess it up too much. Thanks though, maybe if I find a second hand copy I'll rig some crappy "it kind of works" solution up. Xurkitree is so lovely.
>>
>>32184556
>Do not do that
Do not do that (telling anons what to do)

>That's because you get automatically connected to other players via Spotpass. If no other players were connected, you would receive no Secret Bases.
Unless the all the players worldwide decide to make a complot against you and simultaneously disconnect when you connect, you will always recieve Secret Bases, without interacting with others. So, single player content, in practice.

>And thank you for pointing out the differences in the food facilities.
You are welcome.
>>
>>32184362
>better then hgss
>better then platinum
You can argue pearl and diamond but even then that's stretching it
Thread posts: 146
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.