[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

These are kanto sequels gold, silver and crystal. Please say

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (123KB, 768x256px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
123KB, 768x256px
These are kanto sequels gold, silver and crystal.

Please say something nice about them.
>>
>>32179709
Their remakes are the best games in the entire series
[Spoiler] Generation 4 is the best gen because of them and Pokemon mystery dungeon explorers of sky [/spoiler]
>>
File: (16).jpg (60KB, 550x366px) Image search: [Google]
(16).jpg
60KB, 550x366px
>>32179722
Gen IV was the peak and its over
>>
File: 1478061277977.jpg (43KB, 355x414px) Image search: [Google]
1478061277977.jpg
43KB, 355x414px
>>32179709
could have been a good game without kanto
>>
literally just got tyranitar in silver
>>
>>32179736
This, GSC is the only time "Kanto pandering" has genuinely and objectively held a game back or made it worse.
>>
Pokemon shouldve ended with them
>>
>>32179744
but at least gen 2 games has an excuse that they are sequel to gen 1 games.

XY and SM lack such an excuse.
>>
>>32179763
Neither of those games are held back by "Kanto pandering" at all, it's damn near all flavor shit, GSC was actively held back as Johto could've been perfect if they used the extra space and time to expand it, but instead they shoved in Kanto which didn't even fit properly causing them to spend time stripping it down and redesigning areas so it would fit.
>>
>>32179778
not to mention that some of the new johto mons weren't even available until kanto where all the wild pokemon were stupidly low leveled. like what about that did gamefreak think was a good idea?
>>
>>32179778
they are held by kanto pandering because their dexes are full of kanto pokemon and characters in those games just wouldn't shut up about kanto, they act like they are sequels to a game that came out 21 years ago.

at least johto games feature kanto region itself and are actual sequels to kanto games.
>>
>>32179818
Sounds like a personal problem. Meanwhile GSC's inclusion of Kanto directly held back the actual gameplay where it matters and took away resources that could've been used to improve the game.
>>
>>32179834
im kinda sick of kanto pandering and i just want new pokemon regions to be their own thing and not ride on kanto's popularity.
>>
everyone seems to love hgss but don't give these enough credit
>>
They introduced the best designed Pokemon
>>
>>32180687
ok johtoad
>>
Where are our Johto sequels?
>>
>>32179736
>>32179744
>Making a game longer
>Bad
>>
>>32183307
They will be announced in the Ho-oh movie.
>>
File: title3.jpg (81KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
title3.jpg
81KB, 320x240px
>>32179834
Kanto wasn't even added until the last six months or so of development (I don't have a source for the exact point it was added so "six months" is just an estimate, but Johto was going to be the only region in the game until Iwata did his coding magic and created a ton of free space in the game). GSC as a whole had three years of development, so if Kanto wasn't there I doubt it would've been replaced with much else.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.