[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This should be the fundamentals from which the Switch Pokemon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 8

File: Pokemon Switch.png (1MB, 1000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon Switch.png
1MB, 1000x2000px
This should be the fundamentals from which the Switch Pokemon game is developed.
>>
It'd be harder to shit one out every year.
>>
I'd honestly be fine with everything but the last point, Pokemon is an online competitive game and I don't think Paper Mario/Mother 3 buttonmashes would be well suited for it
>>
>>32169592
You'd still have the decision making time, it's just that you can't zone out when the action is happening.
>>
>>32169592

competitive game where you cannot use mons you like because they are shit... I want digimon rumble arena thing or better if possible, I want beat ubers with togepi without doing complicated shit
>>
>>32169614
>Waah waaah I don't want to git gud
You'll still be shit even with dynamic combat, shitter.
>>
>>32169591
I think the hype for the games would increase if there was 1 every 2-3 years as opposed to 1 every year with an occasional skipped year
>>
>>32169614

I wonder why people quit playing this game... hmmmmmm... I don't understand normies, they have ubers and OU which is pretty standard nowadays

fucking normies...
>>
>>32169614
>I want beat ubers with togepi without doing complicated shit
I doubt even with that system you'd be able to use anything below RU without building your team around it in Ubers anon. And stop being such a little bitch and git gud.
>>
>>32169583
There won't be a pokemon game for the switch, and even if there is it will be another coliseum
>>
>>32169614
>Without doing complicated shit
So you want Dragon Ball Budokai balanced mode. Lame.
>>
>>32169620

dear lord, another kid that thinks that his shitty game is balanced and it's okay to lose because you are unable to build good team because this game sucks ass
>>
>>32169630
3DS is dead. Get over it.
>>
>>32169632
Pokemon competitive is shit but you're retarded despite almost being right on this issue.
>>
>>32169636
Yeah, they will just make another handheld system you autist
>>
File: 1398704068662.jpg (38KB, 703x554px) Image search: [Google]
1398704068662.jpg
38KB, 703x554px
>>32169614
>competitive is shit because a baby egg can't defeat a dragon that controls time.
>>
File: w68ekdk0v73y.png (755KB, 2428x1040px) Image search: [Google]
w68ekdk0v73y.png
755KB, 2428x1040px
>>32169643
I know you're trolling but just because I'm on vp I feel obligated to remind you that the Switch is a handheld you can put onto a TV.
>>
>>32169632
>it's okay to lose because you are unable to build good team
yeah, it's called having a fucking strategy, you know, the basis of any competitive turn based STRATEGY game?
>>
>>32169643
???
Switch is a handheld
>>
>>32169631

I just want all monsters to be equal in battle ok? I want have fun from playing my favourites

>>32169631
lame is your OP greninja, mega rayquaza, tyranitar, few other OU or all this ultra bullshit
>>
>>32169656
How many people do you know that use it like a handheld? My count for the people I know is 0.
>>
>>32169658
Worst thing is, this are the people that make the majority of the pokemon playerbase
>>
>>32169656
>>32169665
I thought nintendo had made it specifically clear the switch was the wii u's successor, and specifically not the 3DS', am I missing something here? some kind of statement or interview? or is it just baseless assumptions?
>>
>>32169658

tell me where's your fucking strategy when you playing against fucking trucks and your whole team have shitty def/sp def or speed and basically no way to turn tables because before you manage to set up, one or all are dead...
>>
File: J00BYLJ.png (8KB, 469x282px) Image search: [Google]
J00BYLJ.png
8KB, 469x282px
>>32169670
It's about an even split.
It doesn't matter though. The head of the Pokemon company personally said Switch is the future. But I'm sure when he hears that you don't like holding the Switch he'll just cancel the franchise since it's is going to the main Nintendo hardware now.
>>
>>32169694
Nintendo hasn't stopped producing 3DSs because they still sell, but Masuda said that the Pokemon company will be making the Switch.
>>
>>32169670
Who the fuck uses this thing as a console
>>
>>32169614
Even in an action game, you would be shit on by better players and better characters.
>>
>>32169695
It's your fault your whole team has shitty defenses. If you're playing HO you should read up on team building guides and common threats, not just slap together a bunch of strong mons.

Teambuilding is just as much, if not more of a strategic element in competitive pokemon.
>>
>>32169705
oh really? any kind of link to it, sounds interesting
What does "making the switch" mean though?
>>
>>32169727
Nintendo Life is the last one I read about it. He said that parts of the game design would have to change when making a Switch Pokemon game. Last year they also said that they'd wait for the Switch to release to decide but it's become clear by their statements that they're making it.
>>
>>32169669
The only way to ake all monsters equal is to give them the same stats, typing, and move pool.
Which would take all the fun and stragy out of a stradgy based game. Becuase even if every pokemon had to same state spread, move pools and type combos would determinate which pokemon is best. Flying grass is a shit type so you still wouldn't be able to use tropius, and moves with great typing and move pools like sabvle eye would still dominate the meta. sure some things would be buffs, but no one would bother using grachomp any more. who wants something with a X4 weakness?
but then you seem like the kind of guy who gets mad when he plays melee and he looses with pichu.
>>
>>32169721

what are you smoking... this game is shit and most of strategy is ruined by stats
>>
Still can't believe freeza is live rendered there
>>32169760
Can people stop responding to this faggot so we can talk about OP's pic
>>
>>32169705
>Masuda said TPC will be making Switch games

Masuda is not the one who said that or the head of TPC. The actual head of TPC did say that though, and Masuda did state for the Switch that "it's clearly the future" and that GF wants to see how people take to it.
>>
>>32169763

4chan is from 18 you retarded moron! and it's not about me being wrong, but this whole discussion makes no sense, you are trying to defend obvious shit
>>
File: 1468981785954.jpg (319KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1468981785954.jpg
319KB, 800x800px
>>32169760
Just because you're too dumb to understand how a meta works and how building a team to balance weaknesses, coverage, resistances, counter other meta threats and still keep a viable strategy in mind doesn't mean the game is ruined. The competitive scene in general has many, many flaws, but lack of complexity certainly isn't one, and neither is a unilateral center of strategy focus. I'm just going to stop replying, it's evident how clueless and retarded you are from the arguments you use to the way you type. I've seen diehard smogon-hating karenfags be more reasonable and intelligent than you for fuck's sake.
>>
>>32169583
>Pokemon are visible in the overworld
Enjoy your 15 fps
>>
>>32169645
No, the problem is many legendaries lack usefull atacks/abilities they should have and creators give very powerfull abilities for ordinary mons.
PELIPPER WITH DRIZZLE?
Raikou should be the only pokemon that should have that.
>>
>>32169801
STOP RESPONDING TO THIS PERSON.
>>
>>32169789

no, I'm just trying to build team based on movepool and stats and it never works because there are stronger mons ;] you are piece of shit trying to defend this
>>
>>32169792
It's not being made for an N64
>>
>>32169807

the movepools and stats are major problem of this game... everyone who thinks different must be under 18 or have autism

without good move set the stats makes no sense and vice versa
>>
>>32169809
Have you not seen how Zelda runs? Two opponents on screen and the game is down to power point slideshow level. With GameFreak being GameFreak the problems would probably be even worse.
>>
>>32169819
>With GameFreak being GameFreak the problems would probably be even worse.
This is so true it hurts
>>
>>32169819
Strangely enough the moblins make the frames drop more than any other enemy. You can have twelve horses and bokoblins but not one moblin
>>
>>32169819
>Have you not seen how Zelda runs? Two opponents on screen and the game is down to power point slideshow level.

this can't be...

this is bait, right? it can't be... jesus...
>>
>>32169834
Not actually. It runs fine but there are a few weird glitches
>>
>>32169656
with a battery that'll last an outstanding
>T H R E E H O U R S
for a pokemon game.
>>
>>32169916

did you ever heard about optimization? why you think ios running well on small battery?
>>
>>32169936
it's about 4.5 hours, 5 absolute max of battery life with the switch running nothing but the background

optimization won't magically make it last more
>>
>>32169614
Is not a complicated shit at all. It's just boring, at least all tjhe breeding and EV training process.
>>
File: IMG_0205.jpg (22KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0205.jpg
22KB, 250x250px
>>32169636
>new games still coming out on it
>"It's dead"
>>
>>32169583
>whcih

Ok, bye
>>
>>32169819
Game tends to lag with the grass rendering. At least the Wii U version can manage at least 6 Bokoblins and a couple of Moblins with no problem; not mentioning the mipmapping magic they used to live rendera far view of the landscape.

Technically that's difficult, but it would look fucking good if well implemented on a Pokémon game. Imagine the soar feature of OR/AS but well made.

I hope that with Switch development Game Freak finally acknowledges they need some help from more experimented studios for things like landscapes and optimization. Game Freak already have done a superb work in animating each Pokemon's 3D model by themselves, but now things are different.

A good implementation of those things can make the game easily sell above 20 million copies and become the console's best seller. They didn't even try with X/Y and it became the 3DS best seller.
>>
>>32170204
>They didn't even try with X/Y and it became the 3DS best seller.
Then why should they try when they will keep selling millions? They already know they have a horde of drones that will buy anything they shit.
>>
>>32170226
To attract people that don't like traditional RPGs.
>>
>>32169964

oh how you don't know anything about software xD I got 3 more hours on screen with tweaks on android so...even if games consuming more battery then still optimization is possible to make it least longer
>>
>>32170312

or simply buy powerbank

>>32169815

it's true; when you trying to play for example around delcatty, you can't do anything because of it's stats, this is even more retarded in this game; your mon have good stats? let's give him shitty movepool ex de, your mon is too OP? let's give him unique ability [talonflame/mega mom ect]
>>
>>32170322

this game is shit;

your team is weaker and you want to set up to win? HAZE and literally no item nor move, nor terrain to protect from that except mist which have small range of users you want
>>
OP's game sounds nice
>>
>>32169583
>Cel shading
would be nice, but the art style is good right now, would be better with a better shading tho.

>pokemon being visible in the overworld
Sure?, i don't know how you could make it work so grind in one spot, but it would be nice, i guess?

>Huge character customization
would be pretty nice, but also really complicated i think

>scaling difficulty
like you beat X gym and suddenly everything is 10 levels higher?, yeah, that is a pretty good idea

>skippable sequences and cutscenes
i don't know why this isn't a thing yet...

>Revamp combat
No, i could only see it work as an optional game mode, otherwise this would make everyone shit on the game because it's too different for worse.
>>
>>32169669
>I just want all monsters to be equal in battle ok?
Serious question: Then what would be the point in evolving if they don't get stronger?

Why remove one of the core parts of progression from the game?
>>
>>32175079
The ideal is that the game gives you the possibility if you have the skill and patience.

As for now, the games sort of do it. You can abuse of buffing items and movements, and exploiting AI loopholes in order to beat the games with weak mons.

But online game is in another league, and, in my opinion, should be relegated to spinoff games completely.
>>
File: 1487700791679.png (31KB, 365x403px) Image search: [Google]
1487700791679.png
31KB, 365x403px
>>32169583
turning the game in generic bullshit
>>
>>32169695
>when you playing against fucking trucks and your whole team have shitty def/sp def or speed and basically no way to turn tables
Then your strategy was shit, you're confusing tactics and strategy.
>>
>The switch is replacing the 3ds as the handheld this gen
>This means we are never getting another handheld console from Nintendo NEVER EVER
>Not even considering if the switch is going to do that good or not

It hasn't even been out for a month and sure isn't breaking any records. Why are people so fucking retarded they can't simply think a few years in the future
>>
File: 1490509570449-1.png (877KB, 1000x1652px) Image search: [Google]
1490509570449-1.png
877KB, 1000x1652px
>>32169583
fixed
>>
>>32175205
>The ideal is that the game gives you the possibility if you have the skill and patience.
But using the same skill and patience with stronger mons would yield better results.

>As for now, the games sort of do it. You can abuse of buffing items and movements, and exploiting AI loopholes in order to beat the games with weak mons.
That's not the game making mons equal, that's the game being easy or exploitable.

>
But online game is in another league, and, in my opinion, should be relegated to spinoff games completely.
So you're saying that pokemon should drop a key part of the game (i.e. battling against other players) because it's not perfectly balanced? If I'm wrong on that I didn't mean it as a strawman, but your grammar is so bad I can't really tell what you mean.
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.