[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/s mogtours-gen7ou-257418

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

File: 1486532512902.jpg (41KB, 428x620px) Image search: [Google]
1486532512902.jpg
41KB, 428x620px
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7ou-257418

>"""high level""" smogon match
>100+ turns and not a single KO
>neither player was running stall
>one of them finally forfeits at the end out of boredom

Name an OU meta more cancerous than this one
>>
Say this thing had a time limit. Who would have one in that case since both sides hadn't lost a member?
>>
>>32165937

The one with the most damage done
>>
>>32165724
Serp is so underrated right, glad to see it in use.
>>
>>32165977
right now*
>>
>celesteela + toxapex on one side
>tangrowth + toxapex on the other
gee I wonder why
>>
once pheromosa gets banned toxapex offense will stop being a thing
>>
>Out of boredom

He said at the end that he knew he couldn't win with what he had left so he threw in the towel, what's wrong with that?
>>
I'm at turn 20 and they literally just had 2 toxapex spamming scald at each other. what the fuck, of course it's going to take a while. Even when one had the other burned, it still spammed scald. What did it expect to happen? Was it too afraid to switch in landorus because he didn't want it burned?
>>
>>32166270
welcome to post scald pokemon
>>
Is it normal to have defog and entry hazards on teh same team? Why would you waste turns on hazards if you know you will defog them? Why would anyone ever waste turns on toxic spikes when every single OU match is a toxapex revolving door?
>>
>>32166309
>kill enemy rock setter
>defog and reset your own
come on son
>>
>>32166347

But this person clearly used stealth rocks and defog many times before killing the enemy rock setter. Or maybe you are just going to say this player sucked, I don't know
>>
>>32166376
?

he defogged when he could do so safely while keeping his rocks up, that's the point
>>
>>32165724
Gen 5
This meta may have shit like these matches and broken shit like Phero, but nothing will be more cancerous than the Weather Wars.

If you didn't have a Sun, Sand, or Rain team, you would get raped by 5 Pokemon with buffs ranging from 120 power moves with no drawbacks to free healing with an extra boost to some of the strongest attacking types in the game.
>>
>Smogon defends Stealth Rock saying it prevents matches into becoming switchfests
>Game becomes a switchfest anyway
>>
>>32166649
How would a hazard clause effect the meta?
>>
>>32166649
imagine without them
>>
>>32166732
it would be shit
>>
Dear god I thought the Toxapex mirror would never end.
>>
>>32166649
>He wants more of a switchfest
>>
>>32165937
Funny thing is a match like that (100+ turns) would probably be physically impossible to replicate on cart, since all matches have a forced total time limit now, which would have passed by the time they got to turn 60

So much for showdown being an accurate representation of the in-game battling

And yes it would have been decided by the number of team members remaining and/or average HP left
>>
>>32169521
This is why showdown is bullshit. Even if they enforced a time limit like we have in gen 7, using up a turn wastes no time at all.
>>
>>32165724
>leaving scizor in on toxapex and letting it get off three scalds with no heal bell support
>just to get off one defog
Is Mega Scizor used only for hazard clearing and was never meant to do any damage at all or was this guy just a dumbass?
>>
>>32169521
>And yes it would have been decided by the number of team members remaining and/or average HP left

The real cancer in this battle is Regenerator.

No shit that all the winner needed to do was pivot Tangrowth and Toxapex, who cover each other so hard and 33% > 12%
>>
regenerator gets banned, howw much better is the meta
>>
>>32165724
>Name an OU meta more cancerous than this one

>Gen 5 OU after tornadus-T was banned.
>Gen 5 OU in general
>The first 3 months of gen 6 OU.
>Aegislash vs Aegislash
>Gen 6 swagplay
>>
>>32169547

Better, but just because toxapex nerf. Regenerator is perfectly fine on tangrowth who would otherwise be PU without it. Just stop giving it to ridiculously bulky pokemon that also have recover
>>
>>32169543
Agreed. I also noticed Regenerator heavily contributing to drawing out battles in other 100+ turn replays (yes, there were several in the last two weeks of SPL) but they often featured a stall team (which are btw are always the fucking same) whereas this one didn't.
>>
This is why there is no official 6v6. It is garbage.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.