[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>play Omega Ruby after Sun >realize the lack of any difficulty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: omega ruby.jpg (24KB, 250x223px) Image search: [Google]
omega ruby.jpg
24KB, 250x223px
>play Omega Ruby after Sun
>realize the lack of any difficulty in gym leaders in comparison to totem challenges kills any motivation to grow a powerful and diverse Pokemon team
>but also realize level-design in Sun/Moon is absolute garbage

Such a complicated feeling.
>>
you could try a rom hack if you're missing the challenge
>>
Dont woerry! Next games will be good I promise!
You have my word!
>>
>>32162621
From what I've seen romhacks are fanfiction-tier poorly balanced messes that expect you to grind to get through. There's a difference between fun difficulty and difficulty for tryhard autists.
>>
>>32162665
you've only seen shit romhacks then
there are some good ones
not many, but they do exist
>>
Not just that either, a lot of bosses in Sun and Moon have max IVs and plenty of EVs in the right stats. They're harder than bosses in most other Pokemon games.
>>
>>32162665
I was meaning stuff like difficulty hacks for the gen vi games. they leave the entire plot intact, but ramp up the difficulty a bit (usually not to retarded levels) and typically give you a bit more variety in terms of wild pokemon.

rutile ruby and rising ruby come to mind as oras hacks
>>
>>32162732
>>32162783
please tell me some and give me a resume of what they do, i want to play one that doesn't end up with the elite four at lvl 100.
A good one for me would probably be that all gym leaders and special battles such against team magma/aqua admin and leaders have strong teams with 6 pokemon but everything else is pretty much the same
>>
>>32162600
You can make ORAS more difficult if you want (by dropping the Exp. Share, using Nuzlock's rules).

The overall shitness of Sun/Moon cannot be fixed.
>>
>>32162859
Drayano60's rom hacks are basically vanilla games, but with higher difficulty and more variety in wild pokemon. They usually have full teams for nearly all important trainers, but they also tend to make generic "route trainers" a bit stronger (especially towards the end of the game) and cram each game's entire national pokedex into the wild, so the wild pokemon can be a bit messy.

I'm honestly not too sure about other difficulty hacks because I'm not really fussed about rom hacks in general, but if you're playing gen vi+ hacks, stay away from ones that recommend leaving the exp share on, because they're usually the ones that end up with lv100 elite four. I've also found that gen 5+ hacks nearly always leave the game's plot as it is, so no shitty fanfic stories there.
>>
>>32162964
you can make ORAS good by dropping those games and playing emerald instead
>>
>>32162600
Gen 6 in general has difficulty problems. imo the games with some modicum of difficulty and a reasonable level curve are FrLg, DPPt, RSE, and BW/B2W2, though I'd lean more towards Emerald than RS for those games.
>>
>>32162964
I played the game with the exp share deactivated the whole time as soon as I obtained it and I was still overleveled compared to everyone halfway through the game. I think to balance things out you should change some of your pokémon from time to time so you don't train only 6 of them throughout the game. I wouldn't be surprised if that's why they made the exp share so broke in the first place, actually, since the pokédex in XY is huge.
>>
Just about every Pokemon game is easier if you solo it with one over leveled motherfucker, and they're all varying levels of braindead easy to begin with, the only thing that drives me to build diverse teams is a full team is cooler than just one Pokemon.
>>
>>32162859
You basically described rising ruby. Rutile is the "lvl 100 e4" one.
>>
>>32165122
Nice meme ;)
>>
>>32165914
Wait, Rising ruby has only the important battles altered and doesn't go balls to the walls with the grinding?
>>
>>32162600
I always wanted a hard Pokémon game and while SM was harder than most, everything else was too annoying to let me enjoy the game. And BW2 on Challenger mode is harder anyways.

I can replay gen 6 for a long time, even if its piss easy, and if the online stays alive for Wonder Trade, thats great. I cannot replay SM without getting burned out.
>>
>>32162964
Nah, even with it off the games were the easiest Ive played in the series
>>
>>32162964
>nuzlockes are more difficult

Stop memeing.
>>
>>32163358
>Drayano60
You do realise he still can't make difficulty romhacks to save his life right? Once again they're of the grindy variety rather than being difficult while giving the player a smooth progression.
>>
>complains it's too easy
>hasn't even beaten super battle maison

yeah ok kid
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.