[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did they give Clair a shitty personality in Crystal/HG/SS?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 9141943.png (286KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
9141943.png
286KB, 480x640px
Why did they give Clair a shitty personality in Crystal/HG/SS?
If I remember right, she didn't threw a tantrum over losing in the original Gold. She just tells you to come to Dragon's Den and then she gives you the badge without making a fuss.
>>
>>32159734
I don't think she ever threw a tantrum. She was just like "I don't accept this garbage go to Dragon's Den and git gud"
>>
gym leaders throwing tantrums was part of what was good about the earlier gens

at some point everyone forgot this but trainers don't just come through and win badges every day, it's supposed to be a rare accomplishment
>>
>>32159734
She always got upset about losing but HGSS played it up more. Probably someone there didn't like her or something. Note that she's chill as fuck in the anime.

>>32159870
And at some point rivals forgot that they are supposed to be rivals and not annoying friends.
>>
>>32159734
Because they wanted to fix them from being boring, so they played up a lot of their minor traits in the remakes (Falkner's rivalry with Janine, Whitney being an Osakan airhead, etc)

On a side note, I personally loved how they used the gym leaders in HGSS. Between meeting them in the overworld and those photos you could take with them, it made them all more notable than those of any prior generation. Shame they've never really done that with any e4, though, barring SM.
>>
>>32159968
This is why Gladion is the best rival since Silver imo
>>
>>32159734
Sure you're not Mandela Effecting, anon?
>>
>>32159830
some people think that being stuck up => sore loser=> throwing tentarums.
>>
File: 1484090564841.jpg (272KB, 700x494px) Image search: [Google]
1484090564841.jpg
272KB, 700x494px
>>32159734
>>32159995
Because it's better when Gym leaders have personality, even if it's them being a jerk? I agree that HGSS ended up having the best gym leaders with Unova in second.

I was replaying HGSS and it's even better with Clair, when the DRagon's Den guy says "this is the reason you always lose at the E4" and she was so fucking BTFO that she ran off and it was fucking hilarious
>>
>>32161932
what the fuck? whitney looks more masculine than bugsy.
>>
>>32159870
Wasn't it just her and Whitney?
>>
>>32161932
Trap bugsy is best bugsy
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.