[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>in rse, it's the result of an underwater volcanic eruption

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

>in rse, it's the result of an underwater volcanic eruption
>in oras, it's from a giant meteor impact.

I do not appreciate them shoving their own agenda down our face, besmirtching the lore and sanctity of this beautiful city.
>>
>>32155467
it doesn't even make sense for an island to be birthed by a giant meteor impact. Something catastrophic to create land from an impact would have decimated maybe half the planetary surface
>>
>>32155467
You got shitter Ohmori to thank for that. Also for multishitverse.
>>
>>32155490
Plus it ruins the English name, at least.

Why Sootopolis City if not for soot?
>>
File: Ia_Santorini-2009-1.jpg (188KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
Ia_Santorini-2009-1.jpg
188KB, 640x427px
It's kind of disgusting considering Santorini IS a volcano.
>>
>>32155467
>volcano
>fills with water as it cools

Islands dont work that way since that is literally still a hole to the mantle meaning it should still be erupting.
>>
>>32155548
google "crater lake"

also, >hole in the layer of earth which is literally perpetually molten

jfc we need to teach basic ecology and geology in schools
>>
>>32155548
you need to read more
>>
Let's not fight.

Sootopolis is a calm place.
>>
>>32155490
This bothered me a ton too. I can buy magical creatures shooting fire and water at each other, but a giant meteor making an island crosses some line.

I did not buy the remakes, but reading the plot synopsis and watching some videos really irked me how GF changed Hoenn's story and history. Granted, RSE did not have the best story around, but they took an already ridiculous premise and made it even more bizarre, and not necessarily in the fun way.

The multiverse stuff doesn't really bother me, since Emerald is technically an alternate version of R/S, but things like naruto-esque natural energy beneath the earth and Sootopolis' origins being retconned feel so weird.
>>
File: 6944883360652.jpg (195KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
6944883360652.jpg
195KB, 1024x768px
>>32155632
Uh huh, very calm.
>>
>>32155490
>>32155795
The meteor could have easily fallen before humanity was even thing you know.
We had Primal Groudon and Kyogre literally changing the geography of the planet with their shitstorms, a meteor or two during that period wouldn't make much difference.
>>
I want to know how we could try to make it both. Mountains are made by tectonic movement, right?
>>
>>32155997
>The meteor could have easily fallen before humanity was even thing you know.

Except it didn't, it crashed into Earth some 2-3,000 years ago, since AZ was alive to witness it. It's explicitly explained in the Delta episode.
>>
>>32155997
only the symbolic yin yang of Mt. Chimney and Sootopolis is ruined now
>>
>>32156053
To be honest that was pretty ridiculous to begin with.
>>
>>32156049
Oh, then it's retarded.
>>
>>32156053
Symbolic in the sense that they were both volcanoes outside of that there was no connection.
The whole yin yang thing came from pyre and the cave of origin
>>
>>32155467
I have to say give the size, width and shape it would make more sense as a meteor.
>>
>>32155508
I didn't even think of this. Yikes.
>>
>>32155490
Unless it IS the meteor
>>
>>32156130
>both volcanoes outside of that there was no connection

Mt Chimney is at the heart of the mainland and is an active volcano

Sootopolis is a sunken, flooded, dormant volcana at the heart of the Hoennese sea
>>
>>32156181
If it formed some tens of millions of years ago, sure. But given the games explanation, they took the most ridiculous route.
>>
>>32156233
the meteor would sink into the sea, you idiot. If you're suggesting a meteor the size of mauna kea struck the earth to still be visible above the ocean level, then poke earth would never have formed properly to begin with
>>
>>32156256
it can be a very large meteor
>>
>>32155579
Nice greentext
>>
>>32156274
you mean like this?
>>
>>32156274
To argue it is the meteor makes it even more retarded than if a meteor formed it. If it were that big most of Hoenn would have been fucked up by the impact, and if it is the meteor why are they living in what's supposedly the impact from a meteor then? Did they just smack each other and form a Mega Fug meteor snowman?
>>
File: buzzwole.png (25KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
buzzwole.png
25KB, 256x256px
>>32156274

For you.
>>
>>32155467
>RSE's theme was the duality of land and sea
>the region could be interpreted as a yin-yang symbol in this way, with Mt. Chimney and Sootopolis as the dots
>Sootopolis made sense because it was an underwater volcano to contrast the land volcano at the opposite end of the region
>GF changes this because "muh meteors" and "muh Zinnia"
>>
meteor's cooler desu, carving a huge hole in the island
>>
File: 1488922676776.jpg (66KB, 408x455px) Image search: [Google]
1488922676776.jpg
66KB, 408x455px
>>32155467
>>32155508
oh wow they just now realized that the 3D games fucking suck
>>
>>32156508
>duality of land and sea

pretty shit theme when 70% of the planet is ocean
>>
>>32155467
The volcano erupted at the same time of the impact.
>>
>>32156666
matter and anti-matter are a duality and matter won, what's your point?
>>
>>32155467
oras was a fucking turd
>>
>>32156666
>Satan understanding duality
>>
>>32155490
the meteor made a hole in an island that was already there, retard
>>
>>32156712
That doesn't explain how Hoenn, and most everything within several hundred miles, are still around after such a clearly powerful impact.
>>
>>32156712
>t. retard not knowing how meteor impacts work
>>
>>32156679
Makes sense since Magma tries to use a Meteorite to make Mt. Chimney erupt, and actually that never really made sense in Ruby and Emerald but suddenly they have reason to believe a Meteorite would cause an eruption
>>
>>32156751
>actually that never really made sense in Ruby and Emerald but suddenly they have reason to believe a Meteorite would cause an eruption

I don't think that was explained in ORAS, and It didn't have much to do with the Delta episode.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.