[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

things you just found out >In gen 7, Dark is immune to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 4

things you just found out
>In gen 7, Dark is immune to Prankster moves.
>>
File: image.jpg (83KB, 957x621px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83KB, 957x621px
>>32153017
>spamming Destiny Bond in succession now has 50% chance to fail
Almost cost me my singles Battle Tree streak
>>
>electric is neutral effective against steel
>ice doesnt resist grass or flying
>>
>>32153051
How did you not know that ice only resisted ice?
>>
Rock type take damage of electric attack.
There's so much ground/rock that I always assumed that rock type was also immune...
I played since gen1 and realised it in gen7.
>>
>>32153051
Ice only resists ice. It's why it's shit defensively
>>
>>32153017
I started playing Pokémon RPGs since 2008 and it took me two years to discover that Dark is immune to Psychic (2010), then six years later I found out that Rock resists Poison (2016).
>>
>>32153017
That has saved my ass so many times in random battles.
>>
File: 1490142901787.png (189KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1490142901787.png
189KB, 500x281px
>Ghost is super effective against itself
>>
Ghost is somehow resistant to Bug.
Also, Poison isn't supereffective against Bug anymore (since gen2).
>>
I always thought Mental Herb was only used to cure infatuation; didn't realize it also removes the effects of Taunt, Encore, Torment, Disable, and Cursed Body.
>>
>>32153275
Underage leave
>>
>>32153561
oh wow, duly noted
>>
>>32153175

Every Rock type in Gen 1 that wasn't Ground was either Water or Flying, and thus weak to Electric. Thing is, Aerodactyl is the only one of those you actually see in a trainer battle, and chances are people are using Water or Ice moves on it instead. I can see why during Gens 1 and 2 perhaps, but after that, it's on you.
>>
>>32153594
The worst is that I was surprised when an electric move would work on my aerodactyl, but I never realized the reason behind it.
I guess I'm just as stupid as Ash can be.
>>
>Stone Edge Keldeo is standard now
>>
>>32153594
It took me until gen 3 to realise. I caught an Aron thinking that it would let me defeat Wattson easily (like how Diglett/Dugtrio let you easily beat Surge in RBY). But the fact that it isn't ground combined with its piss-poor Special Defense meant that I got BTFO.
>>
tauros has intimidate as an ability.

My Sun playthrough would have been a lot easier if I caught one with that instead of anger point.
>>
>>32153017
>>32153044
>>32153561
these three are interesting. the rest of the thread is just stupid idiots.
>>
>>32154305
Well beautiful mind, tell me why a fucking ghost should resist an attack from a bug.
>>
>>32153275
rock doesn't resist poison, ground does
>>32153017
funny thing is, that makes dark types immune to whimsicott using nature power
>>
>>32154330
Because ghost are incorporeal making them resistant to the attacks of bug, fighting, and normal shitmon
>>
>>32154354
( and any Z move that powered up nature power )
>>
>>32154354

Rock DOES resist Poison.
>>
>>32154330
because it has for the past 20 years...and this thread is about things you just found out.

have you heard the berlin wall fell? pretty shocking news i know.
>>
>>32154362
First:
Ghost are IMMUNE to fighting and normal, and this is a logic consequence.
Second:
Ghost RESISTS bug, meaning that a bug can tecnically HIT a ghost but not in an effective manner.

Reconsider your answer, clever one.

THIRD
Why the fuck did they gave bug another offensive weakness, it's already a shitty attacking type and my second favourite ;_;
>>
>>32154393
>another bugfag whining post
>>
>>32154401
GIVE ME A FUCKING ANSWER TAJIRI
>>
>>32154354
>>32154368
taking 'things you just found out' quite literly here.

are there people around who still attribute rock ressitances to ground, and ground weaknesses to rock?
there are still people who think rock is weak to ice. i don't get it.
>>
if you have all rainbow/special beans on the ground in poke pelago it increased your chances of having rare pokemon visit (psuedos, trade evos, etc)
>>
>>32154444
>are there people around who still attribute rock ressitances to ground, and ground weaknesses to rock
both rock and ground resist poison
>>
>>32154444
oooh, nice quads

>>32154362
so why doesn't ghost resist other physical types, like rock or ground?
>>
bugs make your skins crawl but it doesn't work if you have no skin
>>
>>32154458

Because Ghost resisting every physical type would be absurd.
>>
File: download.jpg (8KB, 208x243px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8KB, 208x243px
>>32154474
>tfw this sound retarded but it may be the real reason

>>32154479
Stop talking about physical attacks, immunities and resistances are different things
>>
>>32154479
decide
a. ghost are incorporal so it stands to reason to resist bug
b. ghost resisting physical types just because its physical is absurd
>>
>>32154452
i never knew...
>>
>>32153017
It took me until gen 4 to notice the Nurse bows after healing your pokemon.
>>
>>32154489
>>32154492

I'm talking from a gameplay perspective. They probably have it resist Bug because Bug is supposed to be a "weak" type, but drew the line there so Ghost isn't completely unbalanced.
>>
>>32154393
There's great amount of bugs in OU compared to other types. Sure many of them are UBs or megas but that's more than what other types like rock or normal can say. Bug may be a bad offensive type but at least many bug types have great stats
>>
>>32154513
But nowadays literally EVERYTHING resists bug, even the the new flavour-of-the-month fairy type.

I-IT'S JUST NOT FAIR
>>
>>32154528
>that's more than what other types
what about psychic?
>>
>>32153592
Yeah, I only just found out cause I was looking at some recommended competitive sets for Mimikyu and saw Mental Herb listed as a recommended hold item.
>>
>>32154550
psychic, is ironically like bug. Great pokemon, shit type
>>
>>32154782
There are a LOT less usable bug types than there are usable psychic types tho
>>
>>32154793
Psychic has Megagross, Lele, Megazam, Hoopa U, Jirachi, and Latios.
Bug has Pheromosa, Buzzwole, Volcarona, Scolipede, Mega scizor, Mega Pinsir, and Megabee.
There are more bugs in OU than psychic types.
>>
>>32154849
there are more bugs than psychic in general. considering the diff in rarity youd expect otherwise.
also, ubers. there are more psychic than bugs in ubers.
>>
>>32154860
Because a lot of legendaries are psychic type for some reason
>>
>>32154869
which rank is shadow tag wobbufet?
(and where the hell the goth girl went)
>>
>>32154885
In Ubers? Wob is C+
Goth isn't even ranked.
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/sm-ubers-viability-ranking-thread.3591388/
>>
>>32154914
no, i just wonder if gothliele is now ranked below ou,
not to mention gallade, m gallade, garde, m garde, none of which is a lagenderie.
>>
>>32154954
Gothitelle is like NU forever because shadow tag is banned, which was the only reason to use it.
>>
>>32154954
PU. You can use the search function on smogon to find the others.
http://www.smogon.com/dex/sm/pokemon/gothitelle/

>>32154960
Gothitelle was PU last gen too.
>>
>>32154960
why was itt banned?
>>
Ghost isn't super effective against fighting type.
Dark type is a better ghost type
>>
>>32155026
>recently i started to believe that Dark type is a better ghost type
most people get wiser over the years anon. are you from /pol/?
>>
pokemon can only use 4 moves
>>
>>32153017
One small caveat to that though is that allied dark mons are not immune to your own Prankster. It's beneficial in some ways, but it won't let you get a little cheesy with Perish Song, unfortunately.
>>
>>32155102
use sound proof.

in triples.
(has anyone tried arena trap perish song? bonus points if used dig or potect to stall)
>>
>>32155115
Sound Proof isn't nearly as widespread as the entirety of the Dark typing though. Plus I was thinking a little more silly like Prankster Perish Song Murkrow + Allied Dark mon.
>>
>>32155026
>weak to fighting and the faeries of healthy meta
>better than ghost type
I kek'd, you deserve this (You)
>>
>>32154973
>Gothitelle was PU last gen too.
While you are technically right, PU wasn't a thing until the very end of last gen.
>>
>>32155066
>being weak to fairy and fighting
>better than ghost
not that guy, but im a /pol/ack and youre retarded.
>>
cursed body gengar
>>
>>32155139
Holy shit, I have to try this.
>>
The weedle that the old man catches in FRLG can be shiny. The Ralts Wally catches can also be shiny.
>>
>>32157425
the Ralts wont retain shininess though.
>>
>>32157417
Like I said in >>32155102, it doesn't work for allied mons when the Prankster itself is allied, unfortunately.
>>
>>32154330
Tell me why you still have yet to memorize a 20-year old type chart.
>>
>>32155539
I'm the person you replied to. i think dark isn't the better ghost.
now reread my post and reevaluate your ways, /pol/tard.
>>
>>32158651
Going over the list of moves Liepard, Sableye and Murkrow can know, the only moves that would benefit from this if it were the case are Perish Song and Haze.
>>
focus sash and focus band are two different items
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.