[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>used to be one of the best types in the game >is now trash

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: fighting type.gif (171B, 32x14px) Image search: [Google]
fighting type.gif
171B, 32x14px
>used to be one of the best types in the game
>is now trash

what happened?
>>
>what happened?

Did you forget that Gen VI was a thing or something?
>>
FAIRY TYPE AND SCALD
>>
>>32149934
most fighting types are 1-2HKO just from any fairy type farting on them
>>
>>32149934
It only got one gen to dominate, two if you count Gen 4 but I'm not totally sure why you would

anyway, Fairies happened

>>32149947
Fighting was the second best type in the game when Scald debuted, so no
>>
>>32149954
>these two things together really hurt fighting type
>lol one of those things alone didn't really hurt it
Nice reading comprehension.
>>
>>32149947
literally this
>>
The type itself is still good, the problem is all the Fairies running rampant and the best Fighting types being banned (Mega Lucario) or unreleased (Mega Medicham, Heracross, and Lopunny)
>>
>>32149934
Same with dragon and dark

>Let's make an anti-meta type
>Should we give it to average and bad pokemon?
>Throw it at legendary and mega pokemon
>>
>>32150009
dragon is still fantastic and dark is now ghost's retarded little brother
>>
>>32150009

Dark got buffed with Steel not resisting it and becoming immune to Prankster you shitter
>>
>>32149934
Fairies, what else

>>32150006
God I hate all of those bar Lopunny

also, you're welcome here
>>32137464
>>32137464
>>
Not so much the Fighting type itself as power creep pushing most of the non-Mega ones down

Mega Lucario, Mega Medicham, and Mega Lopunny just straight up outclass most other Fighting types
>>
>>32150075
that's because GF only ever makes two kinds of fighting types
>fast frail mixed sweeper
>slow bulky tank
and they have not done good slow bulky tanks since Gen 5. All other previous threats haven't been given sufficient buffs to keep up with the meta.

If GF finally decides to make a defensive, a cleric, a utility, a dedicated special attacker, then we may get more variety with fighting types.

Also I fucking hate M Lucario and M Medicham. I hate how the only good fighting types are megas or UBs
>>
>Happen to like both types
>Fighting type is just versatile as fuck and wish there were more Sp. Attack fighters
>Fairy feels like a disease spreading though, slowly scavenging the remains of Dragon and Fighting types though

Fairy was a mistake.

I do like some Fairy mons, Cincinno is a big favorite of mine, but at the same time, I've grown so tired of the generic cutesy look many Fairy types are accursed and created with ever since gen 6 hit, excluding the ones that already existed and were attributed the type, many of these also falling in this category, very few standing out with anything that doesn't fall into the pink or cute ideal.

I was hoping gen 7 would change that a bit and I guess the Topus and Mimikyuu are alright, but they don't really go that far off the cutesy look either.
>>
>>32150275
Is anything in gen7 not cute other than the legendaries/UBs?
>>
File: sad mouth.gif (3MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
sad mouth.gif
3MB, 480x270px
>>32150332
Guzzlord is cute
>>
File: IMG_5080.jpg (75KB, 528x792px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5080.jpg
75KB, 528x792px
>>32150275
>Cincinno
>Fairy
>>
>>32150009
Dark is better than it's ever been retard.
>>
>>32150332
>Magearna
>not cute
>>
>>32150347

... well fuck. I'm not even sure how I screwed up this hard. Maybe I was thinking it was Fairy when it wasn't off the top of my head. Complete brain fart.

But giving honest to god actual Fairy types that I do like, Mawile and Togekiss are some of the few I like. Gen 6 and ahead, I've tried Sylveon Cutiefly and Morelull and they were awfully fun.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.