[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

OH SHIT I NEARLY FORGOT Platinum is 8 years old today! What

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: Pokemon Platinum.jpg (598KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon Platinum.jpg
598KB, 2000x1000px
OH SHIT I NEARLY FORGOT

Platinum is 8 years old today!

What good memories do you have of Platinum and how it pretty much redeemed the Sinnoh region?
>>
I have good memories of it but it's boring to play now
>>
File: Electivire.png (2MB, 1360x1364px) Image search: [Google]
Electivire.png
2MB, 1360x1364px
It was the game where I discovered my favourite Electric type
>>
>>32141437
Sinnoh didn't need redemption, it was fantastic, this game was an amazing adition to an already amazing region.

>>32141471
You have good taste.
>>
Platinum got me back into Pokemon after many years. I hadn't played a game since Ruby and now I haven't missed a generation since
>>
>>32141471
>Electivire
nice
>>
>>32141437
It didn't do a very good job considering Sinnoh is an incredibly shit reason. At least now it has Alola to shield it.
>>
>>32141437
>redeemed the Sinnoh region
this meme has to end. Sinnoh sucked and platinum was no better then D/P. Adding the fucking battle frontier means jack shit since the main game still sucked.
Ok, it improved D/P, but it's like a cherry on a cake of shit.
>>
Daily reminder that anyone saying D/P is shit forget how good the physical special split was at the time
>>
>>32141457
This. It's still painfully slow.
>>
>>32141524
Daily reminder that your post is fucking stupid
>at the time
>>
>>32141437
>redeemed Sinnoh region
this meme has to end. Sinnoh was great and platinum only improved on that by adding new stuff like the Battle Frontier.
Ok, D/P were meh, but the region itself made for a good pokemon adventure.
>>
>>32141505

Naw, man, Plat was exponentially better than D/P. Game mechanics were a lot smoother and a hell of a lot nicer, the visual upgrades they did through the game were fantastic, and the Distortion World!!! 10/10, greatest thing they ever did, even better than Ghetsis' castle shooting up out of the ground in gen V.

Though, you're right on Sinnoh being shit regardless. I'm not sure anything could have actually redeemed that region/story/obnoxious ass characters.
>>
>>32141606
distortion world was cool, i agree, but too small and you can't even explore it freely after you catch giratina.
>>
>>32141678

Can't argue with you there. It would have been neat as hell if they'd let you go back if you had Gira in your party or something.
>>
>>32141678
>>32141701
You could go back if you went into Turnback Cave.
>>
File: N-NANI.jpg (54KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
N-NANI.jpg
54KB, 400x400px
>Platinum is eight years old
>Diamond and Pearl are ten years old
>>
File: 1373080074884.png (506KB, 1350x1066px) Image search: [Google]
1373080074884.png
506KB, 1350x1066px
>>32142167
>this kid will be able to post here in 2 years
Wonder if he's still here.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.