[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The number of words needed to accurately describe a pokemon is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: Capture+_2017-03-22-03-34-55.png (427KB, 606x397px) Image search: [Google]
Capture+_2017-03-22-03-34-55.png
427KB, 606x397px
The number of words needed to accurately describe a pokemon is inversely proportional to the quality of its design.

>Electric mouse
>Fire dragon
>Little shrew
>Walking egg

Now that there are tons of fillermons, more words are necessary to describe the same pokemon, therefore repeating characteristics in new pokemon lowers the quality of old pokemon designs.

The same pokemon above need more qualifiers:

>Yellow electric mouse
>Orange fire dragon
>Sandy little shrew
>White blue red walking egg

Pic related:
>Little green and brown man with pinnochio nose and sharp bunny ears
>>
>>32140406
Green armored hedgehog
>>
>>32140406

Humanoid Chestnut.
>>
>something new that is visually similar to something old lowers the quality of the old thing's design

Is it hard being this stupid?
>>
File: Capture+_2017-03-08-22-40-22.png (791KB, 1388x1169px) Image search: [Google]
Capture+_2017-03-08-22-40-22.png
791KB, 1388x1169px
>>32140466
We're not talking about the design as a separate entity but rather conducting the designs and comparing them to eachother to determine their quality.

I don't expect your one dimensional thinking capacity to process this but if you do, good job you special boy.
>>
>almost all objectmons can be described in one word
pokeball
oil
sludge
ice cream
cotton candy
keys
>>
I was gonna admit the point that Quilladin isnt obviously a hedgehog (but it so it's harder to simply describe but if you can accept pikachu as a "yellow mouse" then fuck you because pikachu doesn't look like a mouse at all.
>>
>rodent wearing skull and carrying bone
Your logic is broken, OP. Marowak is excellent.
>>
>>32140488
I get what you're saying, but I don't agree with the thought process. There's no 'dilution' of original content when the content is based on nature/animals. There are hundreds of variations of single species (ex. Mice, dragons, shrews), and the inclusion of varients, while not the most creative, doesn't diminish the identity of the prior iteration.
>>
>>32140526
One factor being proportional does imply that it is the only factor that contributes, you babbling retard.
>>
>>32140553
>Skull-donning reptile (or rodent if you prefer)

Two words
>>
>>32140553
You can describe marowak in one word

>Bone

I wouldn't think of any other pokemon
>>
>>32140406
Plantlife hedgehog Teddie.
>>
This is a pretty questionable metric for valuing pokemon as it doesn't really explain why less words to describe a pokemon is good, and it doesn't really hold up to scrutiny even in the case you mentioned (see >>32140433)
>>
>>32140406
Upside-down squid
Baby nightmarcher
Hat jellyfish
T-Rex king
Fire moth
Swole mosquito
Slut lizard
Archer owl
Ninja frog
Diamond princess
Bancho panda
Anthropomorphic wires
Puppet Ghidorah
Living trashbag
Railgun beetle
Kaguya rocket
Levitating eel
Horse centipede

All from the past three gens. It feels like newer gen mons have an easier time of carving out their design niche.
>>
>>32140579
"Bone" says "Mandibuzz" to me.
>>
>>32140579
What about "oedipus complex"?
>>
File: 1998057-025pikachu_rg.png (36KB, 164x149px) Image search: [Google]
1998057-025pikachu_rg.png
36KB, 164x149px
>Little green and brown man with pinnochio nose and sharp bunny ears

You could just say 'chestnut hedgehog' and everyone would understand what you're saying.
>>
>>32140593
>Character has a mother
>"LOL u know that that means... He has oderpidus complex!!! XD aren't I so clever guyse!?"
>>
>>32140406
Moai Compass. Or if two words isn't good enough, jew
>>
>>32140766
Is there any other Pokemon as obsessed with their mother than Cubone and Marowak, anon?
>>
>>32140989
Kangaskhan kid.
>>
>>32140406

Oh look it's a stealth Genwun bait thread.
>>
>>32140593
How would it even have that? He can't fuck his mom cause she's dead.
>>
>>32140989
Kangashkhan
>>
God the chespin line is fucking atrocious.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.