[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Friend buys sun and moon on release >Me tired of pokemon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

>Friend buys sun and moon on release
>Me tired of pokemon because XY was fucking shit and the best thing they can do these days are remakes
>He keeps nagging about it and tells me to buy it
>I give in and buy it
>Friend wants to battle
>Okay sure, let me make a team first
>Based Scyther
>Based Jolteon
>Based Flygon
>Probopass for support
>Some new shit i´ve never used before like Clawitzer and Incineroar
>Okay! Team looks fun, time to battle!
>Friends Team
>Alakazam
>Dragonite
>Arcanine
>Volcarona
>Florgel
>Tyranitar
>...
>I lose
>Salty as fuck and tells him that he's no fun
>He's laughing

How can i convince friend that OU/UU tier pokemans are shit?
>>
> wins the battle with them
> they're shit
Some pokemon are just better than others, it takes way more skill to win with lower tiers.
>>
Git gud, faggot
>>
File: image.jpg (53KB, 557x612px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53KB, 557x612px
>flygon
>>
>he used a better team than me and won but his pokemon suck and he shouldn't use them
What did OP mean by this?

Look, it's good to have favourites and all, but you just have to accept that you're not going to win as much as someone using better pokemon and/or a better strategy - and that that's fine, as long as you're having fun.
>>
>>32138107
>>32138107
>What did OP mean by this?
Well, i just don´t see the fun in using meta mons in casual games. This goes for online battling as well. It´s fine for tournaments and ranked. But doing it normal/casual games as well, it´s like every match is the same.
>>
>>32138132
>why do people use powerful Pokémon online instead of my favorite shitmons?!
Go cry more. You sound like a little brat who doesn't understand that his favorites suck nuts and is too unskilled to win with them. They're not "meta mons" they're just good Pokémon. Grow the fuck up and learn how to use better Pokémon or go play RU.
>>
File: git gud2.jpg (54KB, 375x521px) Image search: [Google]
git gud2.jpg
54KB, 375x521px
>>32138075
>>
>>32138132
Aracanine and Florges are far from meta mons. If you wanna use shitmons just ask him to bring shitmons
>>
>>32138143
I´m sorry for being someone who doesn´t wanna use the same pokemons as 95% of the community every single generation. Atleast i know /vp/ got shit taste now.
>>
>>32138075
chalange him for different battle
or make a team that works toghether
>>
>>32138174
>the same Pokémon 95% of the time
OU is pretty varied, outside of the tapus. And BL/UU Pokémon can shine and catch an opponent off guard if it has the proper support and a skilled enough player. (Which you are not.) That's over 70 mons to chose from for a team, you're just pulling your statistics out of your ass because you don't want to conform to the online scene. You can either use actually good Pokémon, or just play RU on Showdown. Complaining about battlespot is a waste of time and energy-- people are going to use the strongest Pokémon available to them, always. Get over it.
>>
>>32138212
Oh i´m "skilled" enough, my friend is "skilled" as well. If you can say pokemon requires "skills". But you´re right i don´t wanna conform to the online scene because i´ve been doing it for the past 3 generations and it´s fucking boring.
>>
>>32138132
Keyword here is I. "I" don't see the fun.

Have you ever considered that people have fun using those pokemon the same way you have fun using your favourites?
>>
>>32138132
Lots of people have fun by winning often and consistently so they just try and make the best team.
>>
>>32138249
implying competetive pokemon breeding and team building don't require skills

why are you such a child about this, ask your friend to battle with non-metas or figure some rules out instead of complaining online? I dunno what you expected to find here
>>
>>32138075
Would it be too hard to ask him for an RU/NU match? He's your friend after all.
>>
>>32139037
>implying competetive pokemon breeding and team building don't require skills

>Implying you need skill for perfect breeding and look up what's relevant

>>32139066
I have and we agreed on it, i´m just shit posting at this rate. Didn't expect people to take it seriously.
>>
>bait this obvious
>all these (You)s

This board...
>>
>>32138154
Arcanine is a meta mon
>>
>>32139109
>>32139119
>get called out for being an idiot
>samefag to try to save face
u-uh I was just trolling all along haha xD
>>
>>32140213
Nice meme, you can have a (You) as well.
>>
>>32138132
Maybe he just likes those pokemon. You realize that you can like pokemon that are also good competitively, right?
>>
>>32139037
>team building requires skill
Absolutely
>breeding requires skill
Nigga what the fuck
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.