[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Latest regions (Kalos, Alola) are very linear and easy to navigate.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 300px-Kalos_Route_20_XY.png (63KB, 300x240px) Image search: [Google]
300px-Kalos_Route_20_XY.png
63KB, 300x240px
Latest regions (Kalos, Alola) are very linear and easy to navigate.

Alola even drops the larger dungeons with hidden rooms (which are still present in Kalos) and all caves are just a single floor big rooms

And yet both regions have fairly complicated areas at some point in the games

Kalos has the Winding Woods filled with Fairy Pokemon trainers and confusing paths, misleading directions and dead ends.

In Alola its Haina Desert with some ambushing encounters roaming in the sand and again is very misleading to navigate

I wonder why there's such a big contrast: overall the games are easier to explore and very linear but then at some point there's a single confusing area to go through
>>
>>32137739
It's hard to tell. Either they purpusfully simplified the place to make the regions less interesting or they couldnt do complex dungeuns due to not being used to 3D models like this.

Both reasons for the simpler overworld would lead to different reasons these places exist.

In the first one, it's likely they found that one dungeon is accurate.

The second one was them only getting the chance to create one
>>
>>32137739
>and all caves are just single floor big rooms
t. a retard who never played Sun and Moon at all
>>
>>32138492
t. a retard who never played Sun and Moon at all
>>
>>32138136
>It's hard to tell. Either they purpusfully simplified the place to make the regions less interesting or they couldnt do complex dungeuns due to not being used to 3D models like this.

Judging from the fact that Gens IV and V didn,t have major problems with dungeon design, it's definitely the former. They just can't be fucked making shit difficult anymore.
>>
>>32138492
Okay, double floor big rooms

>>32139616
The overworlds of Gens 4 and 5 are also in 3D, but this seems like more work and GF just didnt bother
>>
>>32137739
i don't see why the story should be artificially made ''''difficult'''' by adding shit like walls and rocks everywhere really
>>
>>32139847
The thread is talking about the overworld and you're talking about the story
>>
>>32139894
unsurprisingly the story takes part in the overworld
>>
>>32139817
Even in Gen VI, the overworld still consisted of squared-off tiles like the previous gens.
>>
>>32139960
there really are people that are this dense
fascinating
>>
I'd attribute it to 3D growing pains. Designing for a 3D environment is much harder than doing it for 2D, so RPG developers fall back on more linear designs.

If anything it'll get a bit worse as they slowly go into complete 3D and then improve if they give a shit.
>>
>>32141800
It's Masuda-era Game Freak. It prints money, they don't care.
>>
>>32139817
i haven't played many pokemon games other than the original two, sm and a bit of diamond but from what i remember weren't caves before sm just shitty annoyingh mazes with exactly the
same (or slightly different) pokemon spawns in each floor?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.