[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What team do you recommend to finish pokemon platinum? It will

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

File: pokemon_platinum_box.jpg (67KB, 400x365px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon_platinum_box.jpg
67KB, 400x365px
What team do you recommend to finish pokemon platinum?
It will be the first time I play this game. Only an initial and pokemon exclusive to the fourth generation (not legendary)
>>
>only fourth gen pokemon
>no legends
autism
>>
>>32135914 I smell like noob spirit
>>
>>32135908
Starly and Shinx are good mons available early on.
>>
>>32135908
Infernape
Staraptor
Roserade
Luxray
Gastrodon OR Floatzel
Bronzong OR Garchomp
>>
>>32136191
These are good mons, but it would be pretty overpowered if OP was to use Infernape, Staraptor, and Garchomp together.
>>
>>32135914
>using legendaries
kys
>>
>>32136191

AKA every Diamond and Pearl team when the game first came out. Platinum does give you a bit more variety thanks to actually having the evos.

Infernape is definitely the best starter to use (even though Torterra is my favourite of the three), and Staraptor is one of the best Pokemon in the game no matter who you pick.

There's loads of tedious shit that is nearly impossible to get, even worse than Sun and Moon like Spiritomb or the honey Pokemon, so everyone just uses the same team.
>>
Exclusively Rampardos
Use your head, OP
>>
>>32135908
literally anything, like every mainline game
>>
>>32135908
My team was:
Empoleon
Staraptor
Gallade
Garchomp
Magmortar
Roserade

All Pokemon exclusive to 4th generation, too.
>>
Last time I played Platinum, I ended up with
Torterra
Staraptor
Rampardos
Yanmega
Gastrodon
Magnezone
>>
I like to use Rotom
>>
Weavile is fantastic, though you get it a bit late. Gallade is great too, if pretty damn frail.
>>
>>32136191
Same Here!! used
Infernape
Staraptor
Roserade
Luxray
Golduck
Garchomp

I loved this team!
>>
>>32140003
I'm using Weavile, Gliscor, and Tangrowth in Platinum for the first time and they're all great.
>>
My team:
Staraptor
Lucario
Crobat
Empoleon
Dialga
Luxray
before dialga i used a bibarel as hm slave and then released him after i caught dialga and beat the game. didnt need to use many hms after that and only rarely ever had to switch dialga to get through an obstacle that would require rock climb or rock smash
>>
>>32135908
I'm playing Diamond for the first time. My curent team;

>Monferno
About to evolve. It's decent. Dishes out a couple of hits but its frail.
>Luxray
It's ok. Again it's frail and not very fast. Low power moves but it gets the job done.
>Drifblim
Great flyer. Unnecessarily difficult to obtain.
>Gastrodon
It's pretty cool. It has hidden power flying for grass types which is great.
>Bronzog
It's ok but I don't like the sprite so I might drop it.
>Croagunk
I might just have it as an HM slave.

I'll want to get a Garchomp and I have a shiny Chimecho that I want to get into the team. I'm not a big fan of the gen 4 roster so I wouldn't be opposed to having a Heatran or Girantina in my team if I get one early enough.

I'm trying to play pokemon introduced in the gen but for the next playthrough I'll just use my favorites.
>>
>>32135908
Empoleon
Spiritomb
Mismagius
Honchkrow
Skuntank
Purugly
have fun getting this team
>>
Infernape
Garchimp
Honchkrow
Roserade
Bibarel
Bibarel
>>
>>32139392
eric b8
>>
Used
Empoleon
Luxray
Staraptor
Magmortar
Abomasnow
Garchomp
>>
>>32135908
>it will be the first time i play this game
don't worry op if you have the patience of a god you will survive
>>
>>32135908
>infernape
>staraptor
>luxray
>garchomp
>roserade
>floatzel
and there you have literally every single platinum team in existence.
>>
>>32135908
bibarel
leafeon
weavile
chatot
dusknoir
porygonz
>>
Empoleon
Drifblim
Garchomp
Gallade
Togekiss
Porygon Z

Choice Specs Porygon Z was MVP
>>
>>32136191
Samesies except I use huge power azumarill instead of gastrodon or floatzel and Garchomp
>>
>>32141392
what is type coverage
>>32145209
why not take a starter?
>>
>>32135908
Use whatever the fuck you want. Pokémon games are so easy that you will beat them with relative ease even with a shit team.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.