[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a Brave Chesnaught with the moveset of Drain Punch, Power-Up

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: Armor.png (1008KB, 1280x1347px) Image search: [Google]
Armor.png
1008KB, 1280x1347px
I have a Brave Chesnaught with the moveset of Drain Punch, Power-Up Punch, Spikey Shield and Iron Defense. What EV spread should I go for?
>>
File: 1398210798630.jpg (286KB, 580x580px) Image search: [Google]
1398210798630.jpg
286KB, 580x580px
Sup Anon
>>
>>32134282
grandma, is that you?
>>
252 hp, 252 def, 4spd?

altho i don't know why you would opt for brave instead of a defensive nature.
>>
>>32134306
He's my starter from X, and I lucked out on not getting an entirely shitty nature. I'm Super Training him before sending him up.
>>
>>32134256
Is it proud of its power tho?
>>
>>32134256
Bruh. That's an AWFUL Chesnaught setup. Drain punch and spiky shield can stay, but you gotta go with either impish or adamant.
>>
Hp and def sound ok, what about speed ivs? is chesnaught slow enough for trick room?
>>
>>32134256
>>32134361
scrap it. it's never going to not be shit.
>>
>>32134502
Using Team builder to emulate his stats, he apparently has 5 IVs in speed.
>>
>>32134491
putting speed into it is a waste. it's not really slow enough by trick room standards but it will certainly outspeed most of the super fast things you will encounter online. you should probably go with something other than iron defense. it's already got all the defense in the world, no reason to waste a moveslot on that. you also might want a grass stab or something.
>>
>>32134491
>>32134502
Wait, shoot, replied that to the wrong person. 5 IVs in speed
>>
>>32134502
>it's not OU so it's shit
>>
>>32134491
just had a gander at it, and it gets hammer arm, it could work in trick room but you'd be better off with coverage and swords dance than the moves you have. if nothing else it's worth a try if you want to use a pokemon you like
>>
>>32134256
That's a cool image. It's a shame in-game Chesnaught doesn't look like that.
>>
>>32134546
Chesnaught ain't no speedster, I know that much. Iron Defense is only there because it's a Move Tutor, and I'll probably forget something on it there

>>32134558
I was guessing that comment came more from in game team stuff.

>>32134584
Power-up Punch is there for raising his attack. Plus, there's no Power-Up Punch TM in SM, so I;'d kinda like to keep it.
>>
File: what.png (114KB, 374x341px) Image search: [Google]
what.png
114KB, 374x341px
>>32134613
I think a lot of pokemon posted on here doesnt look how they actually are. Waifumons in particular.
>>
File: 1388145023878.png (17KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1388145023878.png
17KB, 400x400px
>>32134672
>maldu
>>
>>32134619
pu-punch instead of swords dance could work. i'd say synthesis in place of drain punch for a def wall but it's an ORAS tutor move. either way i'd still say max hp and def.
>>
>>32134704
The new league of legends champ related to udyr and zac?
>>
>>32134256
Your moveset is bad. Either go for an offensive set with wood hammer, drain punch, power up punch and filler OR go for a bulky set with drain punch, spiky shield, leech seed and bulk up. You can also throw on synthesis to the bulky set.
>>
>>32134772
Oh and seeing as you're using a starter you're missing bulletproof so enjoy taking shadow balls and sludge bombs
>>
>>32134491
You need to say what role you want it to play on your team.
If its a trick room sweeper then brave nature with 4 attacks is your set
If its a wallbreaker then adamant with max att and speed investment is your set
>>
>>32134772
Yeah, I kinda know. Iron Defense is there because move tutors, Spikey Shield is there because signature move.Drain and Power-Up Punch are there because I don't want them lost to time.Evne though DP will probably be back next game.

>>32134806
Between those two, I'd definitely want to go for a Trick Room sweeper. I've only had one example of a pokemon with a speed stat in the 60s work as a speedster, and that needed Flame Charge.

Although, I should say what I want out of him. Which I don't have a huge idea on, but what I have in mind is something with Grassy Terrain with Bulu backing him up. Trick Room's not a requirement, but would obviously be very useful for him, so I'm throwing that idea in to the mix.

I guess I should also say that I normally play Doubles. I forget that more people like singles then doubles.
>>
If you like to use AND compete against shitty RU mons then use it. Otherwise it has no place in mainstream competitive right now (it had a niche last gen, but not anymore), so EV train it any way you like it.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.