[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>gyms/trials and the league aren't necessary to progress

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: be6.png (3MB, 1297x1874px) Image search: [Google]
be6.png
3MB, 1297x1874px
>gyms/trials and the league aren't necessary to progress the game
>instead, they are considered missions/quests, like the ones in the Ranger games.
>multiple gyms like in the anime (or the Johto+Kanto games). only 8 are necessary to get to the league, you get to choose which ones you want to do
>can trade Pokémon with a lot of NPCs, but not too many
>the missions/quests vary a lot, including specific tasks, finding specific items/NPCs, trading Pokémon with NPCs or online in order to get something, like rare Pokémon or items, or maybe even extra content like minigames. the missions include completing the Pokédexes
>some of the missions also have their own plot, and some of them connect to the main plot, revealing further details
>no world-ending menace plot
>actually interesting Battle Frontier facilities like in Emerald
>make the overworld as interesting as possible
>remake and expand an older region, like Kanto+Johto, or Kalos. also add as many new areas as possible. an entirely new region is also fine.
>you need to get your own Pokémon in order to use the Poké Ride. they don't need to be in your team
>the in-game device (PokéNav, Rotom, whatever) allows you to access the PC boxes. however, it won't work in specific areas, like gyms. if you exit a gym, you'll have to start it over, like with trials in SM.
>whatever the evil team is up to isn't necessary to progress the game, if you don't fight against the random grunts they'll just keep going with their plan. the last fight is the only important one, and even then you could always leave the job to someone else
>alternatively, have no evil team at all
>try to make pokemon battles more interesting
>>
>add new interesting battle modes, like inverse battles
>let people actually play them, by having random in-game trainers use them and allowing the player to select them when asking for a battle online
>let the player give up on random trainer battles
>make it extremely hard, yet possible, to steal other in-game trainers' Pokémon. if you do, be prepared to get your Pokémon stolen
>if a police officer finds out (giving you a reason to avoid Pokémon battles/trades or any other interaction), you need to give the stolen Pokémon back and pay a fine
>if the evil team is like Team Rocket or something, you could join them (as long as the team doesn't get defeated, either by you or by some other character as a side effect of your actions)
>being part of the team could increase/decrease the chances of police officers finding out. your Pokémon are also less likely to get stolen because most of the characters who would steal them from you are part of the team
>improve upon the third section of Super Contests from Platinum
>find a way to make a Contest alternative to Pokémon battle (for example, random people could ask you to impress them with your Pokémon instead of having a fight)
>Contests have a League equivalent
>character customization from XY/SM is a thing, but if you want you can just use a trainer class
>you can change your in-game name at any given moment.
>use the online multiplayer features from ORAS and improve upon them (can be used at any time, can add people to the friend list directly from the menus, can see their profiles and save them so that you could interact with them even if you don't add them to your friend list)
>have a proper log for online activities
>voice and text chat (both can be used during during battles, trades or just normal gameplay)
>secret bases like in ORAS
>qr codes for bases are a thing, but they aren't necessary for people in your friend list
>don't release another game for at the very least 6 years
>>
>>32134140
>>32134144
Gamefreak trying this hard.
>>
it would be nice if trainers had more than 1 pokemon sun and moon were fucking awful for this

Maybe have a few less trainers but make them have like 4-6 pokemon or something
>>
>>32134140
didn't you post this same shit yesterday?
>>
>>32136987
Yes, I did. You just gave me an idea. I'll post it every day until GameFreak does it.
>>
>>32136946
BW did this nicely, where low tier trainers started with 1-2 and it ramped up to high tier trainers with 4-6 pokemon all over the postgame.
>>
>>32136987
who cares
>>
sounds like ass
>>
>>32137049
Why?
>>
>>32137977
>le skyrim but pokemon and everything ever in these games and some irrelevant shit
>no games in 6 years
>>
>>32137994
>wanting purposefully dumbed down games stripped out of their potential
>wanting yearly releases
>>
>>32138002
>wanting to kill the series
gj
>>
>>32138021
>making good games with actual improvements kills the series
>>
>>32138025
>not making a game in 6 fucking years doesn't kill the series
>>
>>32138064
How come Mario and Zelda are doing just fine then?

>inb4 they have spinoffs and secondary games
So does Pokémon.
>>
>>32137010
>BW did this nicely, where low tier trainers started with 1-2 and it ramped up to high tier trainers with 4-6 pokemon all over the postgame

The elite 4 only had 4 pokemon teams in BW. I hated that.
>>
>>32138116
mario gets games every year
zelda isn't comparable to pokemon because it didn't change from yearly releases to having long ass breaks and it doesn't have an online community+meta+tournaments and shit
>>
>>32138133
>elite 4
>postgame
the other anon obviously meant the trainers in the areas that only become accessible after the Elite 4
>>
>>32138149
>mario gets games every year
I said main mario games. We haven't seen one since 2013, or worse, 2010, if you consider 3D Land/World and the NSMB games to not be main games. It gets new games every year, but they're just spinoffs. And even then, you have the Mario Kart sub-series that gets 1 game on each console and that's it. Also, SSB.

>community+meta+tournaments
Patches have been a thing for a while.
>>
>>32138149
>every year
Super Mario Bros.: 1985 (Japan, America), 1987 (Europe, Australia)
Super Mario Bros. 2 The Lost Levels: 1986 (Japan)
Doki Doki Panic/Super Mario Bros. 2 USA: 1987 (Japan), 1988 (America)
Super Mario Bros. 3: 1988 (Japan), 1990 (America), 1991 (Europe)
Super Mario World: 1990 (Japan), 1991 (America), 1992 (Europe, Australia)
Super Mario 64: 1996 (Japan), 1997 (Europe, Australia)
Super Mario Sunshine: 2002
New Super Mario Bros.: 2006
Super Mario Galaxy: 2007
New Super Mario Bros. Wii: 2009
Super Mario Galaxy 2: 2010
Super Mario 3D Land: 2011
New Super Mario Bros. 2: 2012
New Super Mario Bros. U: 2012
Super Mario 3D World: 2013
Super Mario Odyssey: 2017

And I've been generous by actually including the NSMB games and 3D Land/World.
>>
>>32138244
yeah so you patch the same game for 6 years? the game dies out in 2 years most if no new pokemon/moves are made
and what spinoffs does pokemon have that are comparable to stuff like mario kart, maker, party? hard mode: no phone "games"

>>32138329
how is that generous lmao
>>
>>32138149
>mario gets games every year
Anon you'd be lucky to get two mainline Mario games per console let alone every year.
>>
>>32138341
>and what spinoffs does pokemon have that are comparable to stuff like mario kart, maker, party?
It used to have the card videogames, Pinball, Poképark, Ranger and the GC games. Now it still has PMD, Rumble and I guess they aren't dropping the Detective Pikachu thing.

>hard mode: no phone "games"
I don't like them either, but if someone is so autistic to need a new game every year they'll definitely be fine with them.

>how is that generous lmao
Nobody ever considers the GB games to be main games and NSMB is on the same level. 3D Land/World was just an attempt at making 3D NSMB that failed with the WiiU and didn't take its place as the new main Mario series.
>>
>>32138378
>and NSMB is on the same level. 3D Land/World was just an attempt at making 3D NSMB that failed with the WiiU and didn't take its place as the new main Mario series.
Okay not him but you'd have to be retarded not to consider NSMB and the 3D games mainline.
>>
>>32138389
NSMB games are on the same level as the same level as the Land games and 3D Land/World are literally just NSMB. Most people count them as main games, which is why I included them, but if NSMB wasn't as successful as it was and the WiiU got a 64 or Galaxy style 3D Mario nobody would actually think they are main games. I can even see 3D Land and World slowly fading away from people's mind if Nintendo doesn't bring that style back.
>>
>>32134144
I like this apart from the box being everywhere thing and the stealing thing. Also pokeride should work like hms. But apart from that yes yes yes to the rest. Maybe side games- harvest moon elements, maybe customisable house. Basically what alola should have been but wasn't :(
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.