[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to get the BW adventures but I'm confused which I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: BWV1.png (376KB, 465x321px) Image search: [Google]
BWV1.png
376KB, 465x321px
I want to get the BW adventures but I'm confused which I should get
Do I get the left - the magazine version; 20 volumes spread over 3 box sets
Or do I get the right - 9 volumes

Does anyone have both versions? What are the practical differences? (art quality, paper quality, anything like that)? Do they have ALL the same chapters?
>>
bunp
>>
>>32133456
Get the right, it has the true ending.
>>
>>32133514
what does that mean?
>>
>>32133456
I have the 9 volumes one and I have to say is the best choice
>>
>>32133525
The ending in the one on the right has more pages and leads into the BW2 arc, the one on the left ends abruptly. Also the one on the left only have 3-4 chapters per book and are an awkward square shape so it's a bit of a waste.
>>
>>32133540
in what ways is it better/different than the 20 volume one?
>>
>>32133583
square shape? are the pages distorted compared to the 9 volume one?
>>
The mini-volumes without the Adventures title don't contain all the content. When the collected volumes are published in Japan, new content is added to what was published in the magazines. These full releases are contained in the 'Adventures: Black and White' books.

So you want to buy the right-hand one.
>>
>>32133590
The art is a little bit smaller and if you own other books in the series the are seem out of place and as mentioned the magazine version doesn't have the real ending. The one on the right is objectively better.
>>
>>32133611
>>32133628
Thank you guys very much!! This is all really helpful

On a similar note, are the B2W2, XY and ORAS volumes in the standard size, or some augmented version like the BW left?
>>
>>32133636
The BW2 one is standard size. The XY and ORAS only have the square ones right now but will most likely get normal ones when they are finished being collected since that is what happened with BW. If you want to read them online http://pastebin.com/D1ny0BHG has the XY chapter and is having a new chapter translated every day so it will be finished soon and http://jb2448.info/ has the rest of the series with ORAS already translated.
>>
>>32133667
Thanks for the heads up - I was going to buy the ORAS/XY chaps without even knowing about the square release

Also thanks for the links, i didn't really know where to read them online

any idea of a vague rough estimate for when the normal volume releases will happen?
>>
>>32133680
Going by Viz's release schedule most likely not until 2018 or 19.
>>
>>32133702
holy shit
when did B2W2 vol 2 come out??
>>
It's worth noting that the right version is actually 8 and a half volumes. HGSS's ending and BW's beginning were originally in the same book, but America divided them up differently. BW's first volume only contains about 80 pages because of it.
>>
>>32133715
Vol 1 came out in January, vol 2 doesn't come out until next January.
>>
>>32133723
right
but if i buy the HGSS vol (1 and 2) and then the 9 BW volumes and the B2W2 volume, i should have everything and not missed anything, right?
>>
>>32133748
oooh alright, i thought B2W2 vol 1 came out ages ago
is B2W2 finished in the magazine print? looking at the scans, it seems XY and ORAS are
if so, how many volumes for B2W2 do you think?
>>
>>32133758
Yes
>>
>>32133771
BW2 isn't finished and is still being released monthly, no ending in site since they have just barely reached Castelia.
>>
>>32133772
Thanks!

>>32133782
Fucking hell that's awful. I hope VIZ won't wait until the end of B2W2 before compiling XY and ORAS into proper volumes
>>
>>32133584
Thicker books don't bent that easly also are more derable and confortable to hold and carry, I dont know abot the 20 volume one but the 9 have alternative covers from the original publicatios and also have unused covers
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.