[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Yokai Watch 3 is getting free DLC with new monsters, areas,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

File: some new yokai waifu.jpg (69KB, 329x529px) Image search: [Google]
some new yokai waifu.jpg
69KB, 329x529px
>Yokai Watch 3 is getting free DLC with new monsters, areas, bosses and storyline
>Sun and Moon get nothing and never will get anything

No, really, why the fuck can they not give us DLC in pokemon? What's the excuse?
>>
because game freak is a shit developer
i wish a competent group was in charge of Pokemon like Nintendo EPD
>>
They're adding the extra content to the switch goty edition
>>
>"Why can't Nintendo charge us multiple times for the same game?"
Welcome to gaming in 2017.
>>
>>32123231
Force you to buy a new game.
Yokai Watch did the same thing, if you didn't have the third version of YW2 in Japan, they gave a free update with DLC so it could be compatible unlike what XY did with ORAS.
>>
>>32123248
>still beliving the fake as shit switch leak by laura kate "my last name is more than likely my first name at birth" dale when she even said most of it was fake
>still believing in a switch game of pokemon despite Game Freak outright saying "we have no plans right now" multiple times before launch, name unveil, and of course, after launch
>expecting a main series game on a home console, let alone a hybrid
Keep dreaming. As much as I'd love to see full HD Pokemon battles again, the novelty of it wore off after PBR. The most we'll see is a new Shadow Game.
>>
>>32123231

Yokai Watch has to do stuff like that to stay relevant, Pokemon doesn't
>>
>>32123231
>No, really, why the fuck can they not give us DLC in pokemon?
>What's the excuse?
New pokemon games will sell well no matter what, while yokai is offering new free DLC so people get interested in buying the game, which has sell like shit in america.
>>
Inb4 the idiot who disses superior Yokai designs posts.
>>
>>32123405
The one in the OP is pretty solid tho
>>
>>32123334
Sure, that's what it is
>>
>>32123231
please understand
>>
>>32123309
>thinking a developer is going to say they are making a game before they want to announce it
>thinking that pokemon main series won't be on switch going forward

here, have the (You) you're so desperate for
>>
File: 1463944814457.jpg (9KB, 250x225px) Image search: [Google]
1463944814457.jpg
9KB, 250x225px
>wanting to get charged extra for shit that should have been included in the game in the first place

Is this really where we are now?
>>
File: IMG_5874.jpg (30KB, 464x512px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5874.jpg
30KB, 464x512px
>>32123231
I wish level-5 would just release lady Layton instead of trying to revitalize the dead corpse of YW
>>
>>32123309
You guys are both wrong if Nintendo doesn't make a 3ds successor it's going on the Switch no doubt.

However they aren't going to make the leap mid gen
>>
>>32123525
Did you even read the OP?
>Yokai Watch 3 is getting free DLC
>free DLC
>free
As in, Pokemon games could also have new Pokemon, areas and storylines as free DLC.
>>
File: IMG_5843.jpg (24KB, 215x243px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5843.jpg
24KB, 215x243px
>>32123309
>PBR
>HD
Wait a minute
>>
>>32123231
Yokai Watch characters don't really work. Here's why.

Yokai Watch characters are just general "ghosts and monsters"; literally yokai. Lots of yokai are demons, deceased humans or weird ass cryptid wildlife. The collect-a-mon game system Yokai Watch utilizes doesn't work well when you can literally use humans as your monsters. Both Pokemon and Digimon skirt around this issue by making the titular creature a very specialized type of species; Yokai Watch, literally lifting wholesale from plain old folklore, is too rough around the edges to work after a certain point.
>>
>>32123565
>Game freak and tpc
>Giving somethig free
Lol
>>
>>32123589
>Gamefreak
>free
Two words that are difficult to say together
>>
>>32123231
How much of that DLC is reskins of Jibanyan?
>>
>>32123589
>>32123767
Not even paid DLC.
>>
File: shit.png (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
shit.png
2MB, 2560x1440px
>>32123572
Holy shit! Is this a real SM pic!? Even more ammo in my threads!
>>
>>32123231
They are called Event Pokémon.
They are and have been for years on cartridge DLC.
>>
Event Pokemon basically are free on-cart DLC

Unless you live in Japan where you have to buy movie tickets to get them
>>
>>32123231
>>32123231
DLCs are cancer in general so i'm very glad they don't give us "DLC" materials in Pokemon.

But your post doesn't make sense in any way since we already have someking of "DLC new Pokemons" with the event Pokemons' distribution (that is free).

Also Yokai-Watch is just a stupid gimmick game that must do anything to stay alive and relevant while Pokemon is iconic.
>>
>>32123231
I lived long enough to see people to ask for incomplete games and beg for content that should have been on the game in the first place. We lost the fight.
>>
>>32123835
That is a great idea because you can see Pokemon movie and you basically have a free pokemon along side a couple hours of fun. That's a good marketing move to make the pokemon itself relevant in the mind of the watcher.
>>
File: IMG_5852.png (378KB, 540x405px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5852.png
378KB, 540x405px
>>32123807
Here's another still from SM
>>
>>32123787
All of it.
>>
>>32123585
Yo-kai Watch has much, much, much less to do with "actual folklore" than it tries to make you believe. About a third of the monsters in the first game were based on actual Youkai, while the rest were wholly original creations. Each sequel has more and more monsters with no real basis, to the point where only a tiny handful of the ones in the third game have anything to do with Youkai.
>>
>>32123888
Are you saying the hamburger monster isn't real?
>>
>>32123888

Even so, Pokemon has a lot of monsters based on Yokai, but it puts their own spin on them instead of just copying them wholesale like Yokai Watch does. Compare Yokai Watch's Kappa to the Lotad line.
>>
>>32123231
Isn't this just a Meloetta?
>>
>>32123231
if they did DLC it surely wouldn't be free
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.