[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Mega Maw A+ >Mega Bee C+ >Volcarona, Mimikyu, Clefable

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: Capture.jpg (218KB, 1718x886px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
218KB, 1718x886px
>Mega Maw A+
>Mega Bee C+
>Volcarona, Mimikyu, Clefable rising
>Protean Greninja dropping

Thoughts?
>>
>>32117991
Greninja is still S tier material.
>>
>>32117991
>Mega Bee
Weak. Very weak.

>Mega Maw
I wonder if Foul Play will become a thing for it this gen since Sucker Punch was nerfed.
>>
>>32118048
>using foul play when you literally have the highest attack stat in the game and one of your base form's abilities is intimidate
shiggy diggy
>>
>>32117991
Why did Protean drop exactly?
>>
Will Mawile actually stay in OU this gen instead of being D rank uber
>>
>>32118092
You do realise that Foul Play applies Huge Power to the targets attack stat, right? It fucks up lots of things that resist Mawile's STAB moves.
>>
>>32118156

>Okkkk so Greninja dropping is probably going to piss off a lot of people but let me try to explain this as best as I possibly can because I was also on the fence with it myself. Basically, we felt that while Greninja is a very threatening Pokemon in the current metagame, it feels out of place with the other titans that reside in S rank that are basically centralizing the tier by themselves. Greninja is a lot easier to pressure offensively this generation with the introduction of Pheromosa and Tapu Koko, as well as Choice Scarf users being on basically every team that all can pressure Greninja heavily, especially Keldeo which has risen a lot in viability recently, hell even Ash Gren can OHKO Greninja with just a bit of prior damage. Defensively is where it gets a bit dodgy, but depending on Greninja's moveset, any well built balance or BO team should have answers to it defensively, and can rack up damage on it significantly between LO recoil and hazards. Celesteela, Ferrothorn, Mega Venu, Toxapex, AV Magearna, AV Magnezone, can all pivot around into it, and depending on the opponent's team structure you honestly should be able to tell what coverage Gren is running considering that Gunk + HP Fire is practically standard at this point on it, and if it's not Spikes Gren then it should definitely have either Hydro or Dark Pulse for Heatran/Wak as well as a stronger move for Metagross, so the last moveslot is usually the only slot you realistically have to scout for, and if someone is extra weak to Pex/Venu for example, it's probably running Sensory and you should probably make sure not to blindly switch into them turn 1. It's definitely a difficult Pokemon to deal with in general because of its unpredictability, but compared to the other Pokemon in S rank, we just don't feel like it makes the cut.

Basically, it's not because there's anything wrong with Greninja itself, but because it's not quite on the same level as the rest of S-Rank
>>
>>32118187
Got it, thanks. For some reason I just forgot about these having an explanation or I would have checked myself lol
>>
File: Untitled.png (4KB, 202x180px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
4KB, 202x180px
>Protean Greninja A+
>Ash-Greninja A+

REPEAT AFTER ME

MOTTO MOTTO TSUYOKU

IKU Z
>>
>>32118048
>Weak. Very weak.
why though. I thought it was just a slower physical pheromosa with no item but more coverage
>>
>>32119825
It's basically worse than Pheromosa in every way except stronger poison.

Mosa gets quiver dance, specs, physical scarf, special scarf, life orb, even band if you want, rapid spin, is faster. It's a ton more unpredictable because of this.

Also, ice beam is a game changer letting it ohko lando as opposed to bee who is outright walled by it, and of course a huge thing is the additional speed. ALSO it isn't weak to rocks which is super handy.

Bee gets knock off and drill run which aren't that important, considering drill run does the same as phero's hp electric to a toxapex. It's outright walled by things like scizor, skarm, lando, hippo, celesteela. Pheromosa has basically one sure fire counter in toxapex, nothing else is a confident stop.
>>
>>32119859
I see. I thought the speed fix on megas would be enough to make beedrill finally top tier OU material, guess I was wrong. Thanks for the info anon.
>>
>>32119876
the lack of a focus sash is what hurts M-Bedrill the most
>>
The only reason greninja dropped was because of its shit winning percentage in spl. Also mawile should be s tier.
>>
I'm John Smogon, please stop using Mega Metagross
>>
>>32119964
remove lele and we'll talk about it
>>
>Mega Metagross and Mawhile are breaking OU
t. Lele
>>
File: 1479513106011.png (147KB, 915x582px) Image search: [Google]
1479513106011.png
147KB, 915x582px
>>32118253
MOTTO
>>
>>32117991
Smeargle is in OU again?
>>
>>32121168
>it's ranked in OU so it must be OU
When will you retards learn?
>>
File: reigen.jpg (99KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
reigen.jpg
99KB, 1280x720px
>>32117991
>Admits that there are "titans centralizing the tier"
>Doesn't do anything about it

Come the fuck on
>>
File: 1477179974020.jpg (681KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1477179974020.jpg
681KB, 2048x1536px
I love mimikyu but does it really do well in OU? I would have thought people have found ways to counter the SD orb/sash sets people run by now.
>>
>>32121303
Not really, there's not a lot of ways to prevent it from setting up unless it's already in on a tauntmon like an idiot, and even then it outspeeds the most common one, Fini.
>>
>>32119859
i tried using Fell stinger on Megabee (it got buffed from 30 to 50 and now raises attack 3 stages instead of 2) and it works wonders as finisher (keep in mind that fell stinger is basically base 75 thanks to its ability)

and if you cant beat your opponent after the boost, you still have a +3 Stab U-turn
>>
>>32121303
people run it on offense to chunk something with neverending nightmare, stop setup with red card and/or to generally stop pheromosa
>>
Is there a OU: The Team image for new usage stats already?
>>
>>32121756
>http://www.smogon.com/stats/2017-02/gen7ou-1695.txt
No point in making one since almost nothing changed from the last month.
I guess the only difference would be the Dugtrio text, which would be something like "Nice try, but I'm here to stay and so are your stallbreakers"
>>
>>32121303
Some people think mimikyu's really awful and some people love it. I think it can successfully fill a niche in ou, even though it's a really matchup based mon.

I havent used it much, but apparently it's popular on hazard spam ho(webs, lead dual hazards)? It helps prevent mosa from spinning and basically nets a free kill vs non fat shit.

The meta is filled with a lot of fat shit, since there are a lot of snowbally mons (phermosa specifically). Mimikyu can help fill the role of the "bulk" on hyper offense, but it has problems maintaining pressure vs fat stuff.
>>
>>32118173
>foul play uses target's attack stat
>make a bunch of times where it doesn't
why is gamefreak so retarded?
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.