[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Tfw you realize that people are actually arguing over fucking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 172
Thread images: 25

File: 1476982823771.jpg (104KB, 1357x588px) Image search: [Google]
1476982823771.jpg
104KB, 1357x588px
>Tfw you realize that people are actually arguing over fucking fanbases and treating other fanbases like devils and making shit up just to make others look worse
What's the fucking point? Autist purge when?
>>
>>32113970
>Autist purge when?
That'd be a quick way to stop /po/ from being the slowest board.
>>
>Autist purge when?
But then nobody would be left on vp
>>
Ok but see the thing is, Incineroar and Primarina's whole line are complete dogshit. Dartrix is shit too but at least it's the middle that no one gives a shit about.

Weighs way worse that the forms you end up being stuck with look awful. Then the fanboys/contrarians/whatever-compels-them-to-like-them for Incineroar and Primarina needed a criticism for Decidueye and decided to slap nu-male onto it even though that's a BS buzzword in the first place considering it's a neologism for white knight which has nothing to do with Decidueye anyway.

Primarina could've been fine if they made it as a non-starter a la Tsareena or, as a starter, made it more gender-neutral, but Incineroar is a blemish that makes me question what the absolute fuck they were thinking design-wise. Inspiration-wise, Tiger Mask is cool, but in execution it's disgusting and amateurish.
>>
>>32114031
You're gonna have to clarify what about Primarina makes it unfitting for a starter. I get that we haven't had such a blatantly feminine starter before, but we HAVE had blatantly feminine pokemon before. At this point, starters aren't nearly as important as they've used to be due to all the options we have nowadays.

I agree wholeheartedly on Incineroar, though. I don't know how they fucked up that bad.
>>
File: 724Decidueye_Dream.png (56KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
724Decidueye_Dream.png
56KB, 300x300px
>>32114031
Okay then. Defend this design. What about it makes it free of criticism?
>>
>>32114068
Literally the most perfect starter ever. GF did well designing the new Greninja of gen 7.
>>
>>32114031
I find Primarina to be a great starter, the best one of the three and my favourite starter in general. You didn't bring any argument to why you consider it "complete dogshit", though, so I really don't feel like there's anything to add.
>>
>>32114084
Fuck off falseflagger
>>
>>32114031
>>32114055
How about both of you shup the fuck up and stop arguing over fictional animals you don't like
>>
File: good bait.jpg (92KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
good bait.jpg
92KB, 625x626px
>>32114084
You were actually pretty subtle at first, you know.
>>
>>32114111
>arguing
In what way were we either of us hostile about it? Seems to me like you're the one looking to start a fight desu
>>
>>32114084
Yeah I agree, especially the wings and the legs, they're something else.
I also can't help but want to pet it whenever I see that bald head.
>>
>>32114129
>Ok but see the thing is, Incineroar and Primarina's whole line are complete dogshit.
>>
>>32114055
Primarily the gender ratio remaining the same -- if they inverted it just for Primarina's line, it would've been an interesting change of pace and I'd likely welcome it more, along with possibilities of genderless Pokemon (e.g. Magnezone) as starters for the future. Other than that, Popplio is too simplistic in its geometry considering how its head comes down to cones and spheres you can too easily make out; Brionne is better form-wise but has a strikingly bad face and the tutu; and Primarina's blank white skin rather than a continued shade of blue, those overly sectioned bits of hair, and the unnecessary pink fins just reek of overdecoration.

>>32114068
It's a great design from the front, which is what matters for the most part. From the back, the proportions look so bad. I don't talk about it consistently because the Shiny coloration can make all sides look fine with how it comes across more as a cloak.

>>32114086
Addressed in this comment.

>>32114111
If you don't want to talk, go to another thread.
>>
>>32113970
>What's the fucking point?
To watch the starters war.
>>
File: birb.gif (978KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
birb.gif
978KB, 320x240px
>>32114174
>Popplio is too simplistic in its geometry
>implying that's a flaw
>forgetting best BORB
>>
>>32114201
Rowlet is fine. It's round, but like I specified, you can actually make out the objects in Popplio's face compared to being able to suggest Rowlet's body is a sphere.
>>
File: decidueye.png (273KB, 608x311px) Image search: [Google]
decidueye.png
273KB, 608x311px
>>32114174
>It's a great design from the front
Yeah haha
>>
File: TheMoreYouKnow.png (157KB, 290x290px) Image search: [Google]
TheMoreYouKnow.png
157KB, 290x290px
>>32114174
>unnecessary pink fins just reek of overdecoration
lik if u cri evrytim
They're stabilisers used for keeping it nimble when swimming underwater. Sea lions are pretty renowned for this skill, after all.

As for everything else you said barring Popplio's facial structure, I just can't agree with I'm afraid. I feel the exact opposite in regards to it all.
>>
>Thread condemning starter wars turn into a starter war thread
Just another day on /vp/
>>
>>32114220
she is soft and chubby
>>
>>32114174
Your problems with Primarina's design are fair, but the gender ratio shit is pretty much irrelevant. It's an archaic way to make starters "rarer" and harder to breed that falls flat since everyone and their mom can into Ditto. It's gameplay and story (or design, whatever) segregation at its finest. Also
>caring about pokemon genders

In regards to Decidueye, I have no idea what you're talking about with the whole "shiny colorization fixes its proportions" argument. Also, if you're going to criticize Primarina for having unnecessary elements then at least admit to Decidueye having that same issue in certain areas.
>>32114164
>literally just an opinion
>hostile
If you're that easily offended please lurk more or go back to wherever it is you came from.
>>
>>32114220
The box cover art sucks but the art on the card itself looks great.

>>32114229
I also forgot, the starfish decorations on its temple are further things tacked on, but you probably approve of that as well. Maybe if it collected Starmie line gems or the golden rims from them to use I'd be more of a fan.
>>
>>32114174
>Primarina's blank white skin rather than a continued shade of blue, those overly sectioned bits of hair, and the unnecessary pink fins just reek of overdecoration.
How exactly? I feel like these have all been addressed in a thread yesterday and you are ignoring it on purpose;
there's nothing glaring about Primarina's skin tone going from White to Blue. It feels natural, looks good, and it's even softened by the frills. The pink fins' purpose has been explained over and over, and even from a design standpoint they improve it by adding some pink on the lower part of Primarina's body - which is overwise seen only in its eyes and starfish.
The hair look incredible to me and are even used in its attacking animations in a smart, interesting way, other than being a common trait of Mermaids.
>>
>>32114278
Aye, I'm pretty approving of said decorations - but it's one of the things I can certainly understand the complaints with.
Sorry to inadvertently pasta you and bring up a thread that was just archived - but I've already conveyed all my feelings previously in a thread yesterday.

>>32104259 is the thread in question and the posts by me were >>32107969 >>32108012 these two.

I hope it can help you appreciate the design a little more.
>>
>>32114174
>If you don't want to talk, go to another thread.
I'm the OP and I wanted to point out your autism yet you turned my thread into another autistic starter war
>>
>>32114174
I like you critic, could made this for the rest of the starters, try be objetive
>>
File: 000.png (667KB, 735x588px) Image search: [Google]
000.png
667KB, 735x588px
Back to starter peace thread
>>
> starter war thread again

Who's in for a mass suicide?
>>
>>32114381
to be fair at least this thread has more objective discussion than shitposting this time around
>>
>>32114381
I'm down.
>>
>>32114263
>Also, if you're going to criticize Primarina for having unnecessary elements then at least admit to Decidueye having that same issue in certain areas.

I did at first, since the feather on its head just looked tacked on, but it's actually a fine tribute to Robin Hood's feather in his cap, the cap here being a hood.

>>32114283
I don't go on every thread here, so I don't know what you're specifically referencing. The white looks too sickly a color. They did the same with Litten's but in the opposite direction, going deep red on black when Fire starters have historically had a more relaxed orange. The pink could've just been the skin tone instead of the white, and that would've emphasized the tail heart better as well. The hair animation is well-incorporated but what the hair becomes is not. They handled it like they lazily handled Mega Charizard X's mouth flames, with Primarina's hair just becoming pointed clumps directing outward, so while I appreciate the movement afforded I still don't appreciate the design appearance.
>>
File: bullshit.jpg (260KB, 570x558px) Image search: [Google]
bullshit.jpg
260KB, 570x558px
>>32114397
>it's actually a fine tribute to Robin Hood's feather in his cap
holy shit I never considered this
>>
>>32114031
>>32114055

Wow, you guys really get triggered by a cat standing up and nothing else wrong with it, do you? You can't even argue anything on it you dislike beyond "I DON'T LIKE IT".

Meanwhile Decidueye is a furry's wet dream when it comes to birds. And "nu-male" applies pretty well to its fanbase when they have to ignore all its myriad flaws like the coke bottle glasses, hands and weird fingertips-that-become-nails, and curiously humanlike proportions instead of bird proportions.

Decidueye is a mess, it just gets defended because its fanbase want it to be the new Greninja.
>>
>>32114397
>I don't go on every thread here, so I don't know what you're specifically referencing.
To this >>32114319
>>
>>32114426
Nice work assuming the identities of anonymous posters, detective. Incineroar being bipedal is the least of its problems, if it's even a problem at all.
>>
>>32113970
I'm mostly just annoyed that I can't say I don't like Incineroar's design without people acting like I'm trying to incite starters wars or something.
>>
>>32114453
Don't get mad at me for speaking objective facts, anon.
>>
>>32114453
Actually I'm curious, what are Incineroar's problems?
The proportion? The fingers? The fursuit?
the other 2 starters have the same issues, don't they?
>>
>>32114319
I believe I just disagree with your stances. I find Milotic is less jarring overall despite some problems with it.

The idea of stabilizers is nice at first but I would have preferred concentration on on-land travel since that's what all the previous Water starters had in common, another thing Primarina's line stepped away from. Starfish or some other decoration being used as pseudo-headphones would've been a great touch if that were actually outlined.
>>
>>32114397
>The white looks too sickly a color. The pink could've just been the skin tone instead of the white, and that would've emphasized the tail heart better as well.
I disagree, I would have liked the design WAY less if it was pink instead of white. It looks nice, it's well incorporated thanks to the frills and it enphasized the tail WAY better this way than if it would have been pink. The pink on Primarina is nice because it's used so sparingly.
The "creepy mermaid hair" looks perfectly fine, unless you are criticizing the fact that a 3DS can't show realistic hair; That's not a design flaw.
>>
>>32114466
Yeah, but they get triggered as hell when you point it out. So I love seeing them scramble to defend and try to play it off.
>>
>>32114466
The other two don't look like humans. Incineroar has the body of a man with a cat head and tail. I'm not against humanoid Pokemon but Incineroar looks bad.
>>
>>32114460
>objective facts
If they're past the first line, I didn't bother reading them, seeing as that clearly wasn't directed at me. I don't particularly like the Decidueye line, nor is it my favorite gen 7 starter.
>>32114466
That's pretty much it. Also not a fan of its color scheme, but that's just a personal distaste for bright red + black color schemes. The context of it being another big buff fire starter also makes it wear thin on me, though that's more of a case of it being in the wrong place at the wrong time.
>>
>>32114473
>I would have preferred concentration on on-land travel
Yeah, we definitely have different ideals. I've been waiting for both a starter that focuses on its underwater aspects and one that incorporates the theme of bubbles throughout the whole line - luckily I got both at the same time.

I'm glad you're open about all this though, too many people just stick to their initial views and never like to change. I'm really disappointed that I never got a response from that anon.
Like I said in that thread; you're free to like/dislike anything as long as you don't go about calling the designs things like "dogshit", it's not gonna get you any credits.
On a semi-related note, I do actually love Milotic but hey - the comparison was brought into question and I just can't into its mosaic whatsoever.
>>
>>32114473
I'm not him, but as he proved to you, everything in Primarina's design has much thought put behind it and, to many people, looks really good. Not saying you have to like it, but saying it's "complete dogshit" just doesn't make sense.
>>
>>32114426
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>and nothing else wrong with it

The gorilla face with those awful Eggman hair bits, the sausage fingers, the small lower body compared to engorged upper body, the fake-looking implementation of the belt, and even the 3D model stance of it just twirling arms like it's supposed to be beckoning but is instead dancing.

Decidueye has a very diverse fanbase, so no clue where you're getting such a narrow scope. Again, sounds like you've created the fanbase in your head that you criticize because you want it to be that. They all have human elements.

The only people raving about it being the new Greninja are false-flaggers making fun of people who initially thought that because its design looked the 'coolest', similarly to how Greninja's design was received as the 'coolest'. It's a meme and you've fallen for it.

>>32114475
Yes, the hair is weird in general, such as on the concept art page.

>>32114538
>>32114547
Complete dogshit is subjective, not objective.
>>
File: SFT.jpg (445KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
SFT.jpg
445KB, 1600x1200px
>>32114503
First Dream World art that can be seen on Bulbapedia shows lifted heel like a digitigrade foot and digits scrunched up like paws, second DW portrait's art from that "Battle for BP!" promo shows its hands looking much more like a relaxed paw. It's a cat.

Honestly, I'm not even mad - just confused at how and why people keep whining on "man in cat suit" when actual tigers have huge paws and dexterous fingers. This is just one picture out there out of a million that can have a tiger standing up with flexible front-paws. Won't be hard to find some that show they can get bulky and fit as hell either. Incineroar's closer to these just through the aforementioned DW portraits alone.

I know /vp/ is contrarian, but the hatred for Incineroar is getting ridiculous.
>>
>>32114585
>the hair is weird in general
Not the anon you were replying to but that's completely subjective. For instance, I personally thought the floating hair looked mesmerizing.
>>
File: image.png (111KB, 320x388px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
111KB, 320x388px
>>32114585
I don't get how this looks weird. It's supposed to be water, and both the artwork and in-game animations give that impression pretty well.
>>
>>32114585
>Incineroar and Primarina's whole line are complete dogshit
>Dartrix is shit
>the forms you end up being stuck with look awful
>Incineroar is a blemish

Sorry, but none of these particular quotes seem very "subjective" in their wording. Even something as little as "I think Incineroar is a blemish", for example, is a massive improvement into segregating your beliefs and some sort of factual holier-than-thou statement.
You've always got to remember that everybody interprets things differently and what you intend to say might not come across well if you don't take a little moment to read it in the perspective of others.
>>
>>32114594
Its torso, legs, and arms makes it look like a man. The yaoi paws don't look good but they aren't the primary problem. And Incineroar is the least popular final stage Alola starter everywhere, not just on /vp/ - nothing contrarian about it.
>>
>MUH MY IMAGINARY ANIMAL IS MORE FUCKABLE THAN YOURS
>MUH MY IMAGINARY ANIMAL HAS LESS FLAWS THAN YOURS
Just fuck off already. Hopefully starterthreads will be banned at some point.
>>
>>32114661
Dude are you serious? There's no such thing as objectively bad. Everything is subjective unless you want me to give you a statistical result somehow that tells you what is 'right'.

Only a clinically braindead person would interpret my grievances as fact, but if they're actually treating it as such, they have far more problems to worry about. It's not on me to tiptoe around language for the sake of the kids. That's why this place is 18+.
>>
>>32114709
Not him, but coming to a thread and calling something "complete dogshit" just because you don't like it is not gonna help anyone. It seems like you are pretty convinced about your arguments, but seeing as people are pretty convinced about the opposite and brought up fair points (which I agree with way more - but that's just me), the least you can do is act with a bit more respect for others.
>>
>>32114055
>>32114086
Nice try, shitposters.
>>
>>32114759
>Not him, but coming to a thread and calling something "complete dogshit" just because you don't like it is not gonna help anyone.

Except I always elaborate when prompted to afterward and these are prefaces you're just taking to heart.

>the least you can do is act with a bit more respect for others
Grow a pair. You likely will the longer you stay here. Explanations are all you should ever take away here, not the excess.
>>
autism
>>
>>32114709
>>32114813
Yes, I am absolutely serious. It's less about factual relevancy and more so conveyance.
The way you talk about them simply comes off as arrogance - there's not much else to say. It's a rude manner of speech and doesn't present yourself as a very welcoming person to any sort of discussion. Obviously, you've shown that it's not true and I have genuinely enjoyed talking with you for this little bit but it stands to reason that you're gonna make it harder for anyone to approach you with that sort of attitude.

In short, it's not that I feel what you're saying is objective but rather that you're setting up yourself as a Tonka unable to talk freely with others. There's a lot of people out there that genuinely do think things are set in stone as "bad" and my initial impression of you came off as exactly that.
>>
>>32114813
What you elaborated, to me, feels pretty weak compared to the counter arguments. No one is trying to force you to like something, just to think before saying controversial statements in an objective manner.
But then again, I feel like you are gonna do the same on the next occasion anyway, and you are gonna just completely ignore what has been said here. It's your decision in the end, anon, I just wanted to point out that there's a way of doing/saying things that's not gonna upset people and make this place worse than it already is
>>
>>32114874
>>32114884
Then you newfags are in for a rude awakening. Either you'll blend in to match the board culture or you'll get fed up and leave. Or perhaps you'll persist now that I've acknowledged this, to try and prove me wrong. Either way, don't assume I'd be brash off-site. It's all context.
>>
>>32114922
I'd rather not act like an idiot just because other people do. In your case it just made your critique against Primarina feel way more forced than it would have otherwise, and only brought down the points you made about it. I can't say for sure since I'm a fan of the design myself, but if I was totally unbiased and with no particular, set in stone opinion about it, I would have considered the other anon's points way more valuable than yours just because of the way you speak.
>>
File: 1487440957343.png (852KB, 1120x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1487440957343.png
852KB, 1120x1200px
>>32114922
Alrighty then. Have fun.
>>
This wouldn't be happening if falseflaggers (aka sealfags) didn't masquerade as Decidueye fans and make them look bad.
>>
File: 1489819121180.gif (1015KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1489819121180.gif
1015KB, 200x150px
>mfw thanks to Greninja completely fucking swamping Chesnaught and Delphox by GameFreak making it blatantly superior, Starterwars are a thing because everyone's hoping their Starter becomes the "next Greninja"
>mfw Gen 7 Starterwar is fucking pointless because Greninja is getting the Greninja Treatment and it's not even native to Alola
>>
>>32114991
Is this a barafag falseflagging to get sealfags angry at owlfags?
>>
>>32115011
This. Greninja was a fluke and I sincerely doubt the phenomena will be repeated anytime soon.
>>32115026
>>32115059
Every post is falseflagging.
>>
>>32115059
Is this a falseflagger falseflagging to get sealfags and owlfags angry at barafags?
>>
>>32115096
Is this a falseflagger trueflagging to get owlfags and barafags mad at sealfags, who will then get mad at straights for not being fags and start baneposting, making banefags mad at straights and owlfags, triggering jojofags and unleashing more tripfags upon this board?
>>
>>32115128
Is this an anti-jojofag falseflagging to trick a jojofag into asking if this is a jojo reference, triggering numerous anti-jojofags and actual jojo fans and causing untold shitposting?
>>
>>32115139
IS THIS A
>>
File: Incineroar Favorite Refresh.png (50KB, 214x349px) Image search: [Google]
Incineroar Favorite Refresh.png
50KB, 214x349px
>>32114667
>And Incineroar is the least popular final stage Alola starter everywhere, not just on /vp/ - nothing contrarian about it.

Not on Global Link.
>>
>>32114459
Maybe they're just defending it while you take it too personally and feel like you're getting ganged up on.
>>
>>32117633
>This guy still thinks that being number one in refresh means he's popular.

Oh god, how do I brake it to you.

Let's start with the fact that it Literally means nothing. I don't mean like medaphoracly, I mean it won't benefit incineroar in any way. And every one knows this. Decidueye was up there at one point. But he jump off and gave it incineroar because there is literally no benefit from it. Why do you think you don't see any other pokemon fan base like the primarenafags trying to claim the title, because they know it's useless as well,

They would much rather wast their time trying to make there mon have a better position then just the guys who touch there pokemon a lot. And if your wondering were the owls and the seals are. Just look at smogon. They both have a potion in UU, while incineroar is some were in RU. Hek there was even a time were pokemons were suspected to be eligible to be in OU. Decidueye and primarena got one because they were being over used like OU mons. But guess who didn't get one, incineroar. He didn't have enough useage.

>I wonder why

It gets pretty obvious why the owls and the seals don't have a problem with incineroar being on top of refresh. It's literally the only thing people can remember him by. To sum it all up.

>Catfags are mostly in game and constantly use refresh.

>While everyone else trys to be in a high potion in smogon tier.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
>>
>>32117633
You're an idiot and that's all there is to it.
>>
>>32114922
>Either you'll blend in to match the board culture
That is exactly how this board reached such a shit state. People like you thought that shitposting was board culture and flooded the place
>>
>>32119630
>Decidueye was up there at one point
The thing about that is that Decidueye was instantly overshadowed by Incineroar again. You also have to keep in mind that now Refresh is absolutely necessary to level up in gen 7 so it's being constantly used by the players.

For Incineroar to stay there consistently there has to be a large amount of people keeping it there.
>>
>>32119630
You don't need a suspect to be in OU, anything below ubers is eligible in OU, I don't know how are you trying to make your starter better if you can't understand this simple concept.
Primarina is a top tier threat and won't be surprised to see it in OU, but Decidueye is literally outclassed in everything in UU, it's in fucking B in it's own tier, i have yet to run into one that does anything in a match in UU, and I'm yet to run into one in OU period.
And I'm not even defending incineroar, it's a piece of shit atm and will probably drop to NU when it becomes a tier, but it has potential, after hidden abilities and tutor release.
>>
>>32113970
>one starter gets more popular than others
>the ones who liked that starter like it
>the ones who didn't like that starter feel bitter their starter isn't getting the attention
>part of the unpopular ones' fanbase starts throwing shit at the popular one to make themselves feel better
>the popular starters fanbase either looks down on them, defend their starter, or throw shit at other starter
>all of which aggravates the other fanbases further causing the shit throwing to get even harder
>the cycle continues

That's the whole conflict summarized. If you're going to blame something, blame human nature. When you see your choice supported by the majority, you feel like you're in the right. That you made the superior choice. When your choice isn't supported by the majority, you subconsciously feel inferior, that you made a wrong choice. The former causes the people to look down on others, which in turn frustrates the latter even more. Eventually, both sides are going at each others' throats.

What makes it worse is that ALL of these starters are ridiculously popular. If one of them wasn't popular, like with Chesnaught or Meganium in previous Generations, people would be more willing to accept that it just isn't popular. Even if one or two of them do fight, not many pay any attention to them, because they're the extreme minority. But with Alolan starters, all three have solid fanbases, so there are some fighting at all times, and because when others from the large fanbase see this fighting, they feel compelled to join and defend their starter.

This doesn't happen with normal Pokemon as much as it happens with starters because of a simple reason. Everyone can catch normal Pokemon. When it comes to starters, you MUST choose only one, which makes it seem a bit more important. Of course, this doesn't apply to literally everyone, but it applies to enough people to make it unbearable for the rest.
>>
>>32113970
Sealfags and catfags are calling owlfags devils because there's falseflaggers pretending to be owlfags.

Let that sink in for a moment.
>>
>>32120214
Calling out falseflags is pretty reasonable anon.
>>
>>32120306
Yeah, but people think that falseflaggers = owlfags, when they're actually sealfags and catfags pretending to be owlfags. That's the important difference.
>>
File: C7Sx_3JVAAA8uHV.jpg orig.jpg (185KB, 781x1112px) Image search: [Google]
C7Sx_3JVAAA8uHV.jpg orig.jpg
185KB, 781x1112px
How about we stop arguing/feeding trolls and post cute?
>>
File: C7SyAP-U0AIEKtP.jpg (159KB, 781x1112px) Image search: [Google]
C7SyAP-U0AIEKtP.jpg
159KB, 781x1112px
>>32120318
>>
File: C7SyAilV0AAquYB.jpg (166KB, 781x1112px) Image search: [Google]
C7SyAilV0AAquYB.jpg
166KB, 781x1112px
>>32120320
>>
File: C7SyBX0VoAEtUOj.jpg (192KB, 781x1112px) Image search: [Google]
C7SyBX0VoAEtUOj.jpg
192KB, 781x1112px
>>32120324
>>
>>32120314
>when they're actually sealfags and catfags pretending to be owlfags.
You do realise that saying this is just as retarded as saying they're all Owlfags right?
>>
>>32120328
Which one wants to fug the owl more, the cat or the seal?
>>
>>32120314
Why would you assume it isn't a reterded owlfag or a regular baiter. Why would any reasonable person try to make fanbases look bad?
>>
>>32120354

Neither, they just want him to come out and play rather than stay in that cave all winter.
>>
>>32120314
What's ironic is that YOU'RE falseflagging, and everyone is going to take it seriously. Owlfag or not, I refuse to believe someone is not only retarded enough to think this, but also use this as an argument to make yourself look better. This is too stupid, too simple and too obvious to not be falseflagging.
>>
>>32120366
Are we just going to assume everyone and everything of falseflagging? Is it really what /vp/ has devolved into?
>>
>>32120370
Meant accuse, not assume.
>>
>>32120370
Of course not.
Just when it's obvious like here with you.
>>
>>32120418
Last I checked I am not a falseflagger, so you got the wrong target.
>>
>>32120423
This post seems to disagree with you >>32120314
>>
>>32120432
That would mean that I am a catfag or a sealfag, which is untrue.
>>
>>32120436
It could also mean you're an Owlfag or neither of them. That's how falseflags work.
>>
>>32120455
Of course I like the Rowlet line. Your point?
>>
>>32120462
I guess that settles it then
>>
File: 1483517903172.jpg (209KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1483517903172.jpg
209KB, 900x1200px
>>32120318
>>
>>32120478
Settles what? Please tell me how I am falseflagging, because I don't see how my posts shits on the Rowlet line. Isn't that how falseflagging would work?

At this point /vp/ don't even know what the fuck a falseflag is anymore.
>>
>>32120499
>Isn't that how falseflagging would work?
No. No it isn't.
>>
>>32120501
Then I can't possibly be falseflagging at all. Now that settles it.
>>
>>32120503
So you are falseflagging then.
>>
>>32120499
>Please tell me how I am falseflagging, because I don't see how my posts shits on the Rowlet line.

>claims to be an Owlfag
>shitting on others for no reason
>altering the perception of real owlfags
Happy now?
>>
>>32120582
I've only ever shat on falseflaggers, which is perfectly reasonable.
>>
>>32120370
To be fair, the one you're replying to could be falseflagging as an anon calling falseflaggers to stir shit up, and you could be just walking right into his hands.
>>
>>32120642
Shit, I fucked my post up. Let me rephrase it.

Now that you mention it, his posts really do read like that of a stereotypical falseflagger, something I should have noticed a while ago. With that in mind, I will just ignore him from now on.
>>
>>32114031
>Then the fanboys/contrarians/whatever-compels-them-to-like-them for Incineroar and Primarina needed a criticism for Decidueye and decided to slap nu-male onto it even though that's a BS buzzword in the first place considering it's a neologism for white knight which has nothing to do with Decidueye anyway.

It's a criticism of the people who like Decidueye, not of the pokemon itself. The same way owlfaggots call people who like Incineroar barafags or people who like Primarina trannies/tumblr/gay/etc
>>
>>32120328
Awwwwwww
That's cute as fuck anon, thanks for posting it
>>
>>32114174
How does the gender ratio matter at all? There are lots of feminine looking pokemon with male slanted gender ratios. Meganium, most of the Eevelutions, the Togepi line, Aurorus, etc, and even a few of the opposite examples (Granbull most notably). There are also pokemon with clearly masculine or feminine designs yet with 1:1 ratios, like Gardevoir or Audino. And a lot of those pokemon are extremely popular, like Eevee and Gardevoir. Why do you think it's such a big downside for Primarina?
>>
>>32114503
Deciduye has humanlike proportions, especially in the torso. Primarina has a human torso and human hair.

If Incineroar is a man with a cat head, tail, and tiger paws, then Deciduye is a man with wings, talons, and an owl mask.
>>
>>32114397
>I did at first, since the feather on its head just looked tacked on, but it's actually a fine tribute to Robin Hood's feather in his cap, the cap here being a hood.

How about the glasses, or the flower on its chest.
>>
>>32119630
>It doesn't prove anything because my wild conjecture is correct
>People using it in the actual game doesn't mean anything, it's still not popular!

ok bud
>>
>>32120117
>For Incineroar to stay there consistently there has to be a large amount of people keeping it there.

Exactly my point. a lot of Barafags are so consistent on keeping him up there that they don't even care for anything else. If they actually got out, incineroar might actually get out of RU And move with the other two alola starters.

But nope they'd rather touch there cat.

>>32120119
So your calling me an idiot when I just said that Decidueye didn't get one for just being a useful mon. But because it's fan base took constantly used it. Incineroar should have gotten one too. But barafags were too busy with refresh to give a fuck.
>>
>>32121137
Maybe it's cause the barafags knew fully that it wasn't anything special in singles and didn't bother. Especially with Arcanine in RU, and that fucker had intimidate.
>>
>>32121137
>Decidueye didn't get one
Get what? Suspect test? Like I said, a pokemon doesnt need a suspect test to be usable in OU, as long as that pokemon is OU or under, it's usable.
Suspect test are made to ban pokemon from certain tiers, pokémon that are too good or broken in that tier, it's not based on usage, evident by Lando who got 46% usage but didn't get a suspect test.
In fact there has not been a single suspect test in UU this gen, all of the banned pokemon were quickbanned.
>>
>>32121165
I mean, serperior was NU before it got its hidden ability.

not saying Incineroar is going to be OU, but hidden ability and tutor helps a lot
>>
>>32121137
>Exactly my point. a lot of Barafags are so consistent on keeping him up there
>majority of Pokemon players are barafags
Yeah no.
Bara itself is a slim fetish when it comes to people who are into it let alone furry bara. Using your logic Decidueye should be up there because it's commonly depicted as a sub or twink which is far more common.
>>
>>32122198
>I've never ever heard of the term "vocal minority"
Vocal minorities will do whatever they can to look like they're the majority or at least look like there's more than there is. The barafags happens to be one of the vocal minorities.
>>
So are the starters in the competitive, in the two formats
>>
>>32122345
Switch Primarina and Decidueye below. Decidueye has objectively better niches than Primarina in doubles in every aspect.
>>
>>32122496
I completely disagree, what makes you say that?
>>
>>32122496
The only way Decidueye is usable in VGC is in combination with Primarina in pledges teams. Primarina is not popular either, but between having a better Typing, moveset, bulk and dealing way more damage (also a useful hidden ability in Doubles once released) I can't see how Decidueye is better
>>
>>32122496
I think this is based on usage
>>
>>32122548
Even before usage, a lot of people wanted Decidueye removed from the VGC viability ranking on smogon because of how useless they saw it.
>>
>>32122588
Yeah Decidueye's unranked there, and the usage for VGC and the International Challenge(same rules as vgc) show it probably has the least usage of the starters in doubles
>>
>>32122345
Fuck off Trannybarafag
>>
>>32122618
die barafag
>>
>>32122618
>>32122635
End yourselves, barafags
>>
>>32122705
kys barafag
>>
>>32120727
Why are owlfags in such denial over their starter being a dude in a birdsuit? I find the owl more disturbing than the cat and seal by a long shot.
>>
>>32122870
...because claiming that Decidueye is humanoid is a blatant lie and malicious slander? There's literally nothing humanoid about Decidueye whatsoever. It's just a regular cartoon owl.
>>
>>32122899
It's humanoid more than the rest. Creepy hands, human-length legs, actively wearing clothes.

If it wasn't humanoid it would resemble Pidgeot's or Staraptor's body and proportions a ton more.

Sorry, but I hate how owl fans try to lie on it being animal like when it is a human in a suit. Please stop being mad and accept it. Why are you trying to claim th truth is a lie?
>>
>>32122899
>wears glasses and a hoodie
>finger wings
>based off a human concept(archer)
>>
>>32122964
Seriously... why are owlcucks so adamant to deny reality?

There is a reason this thing is popular in the fur suit community but also for porn. It looks like a dude with a beak.

I'm not even trying to troll. This is an honest question. Owl fans are so whiny and sensitive, why?
>>
>>32122899
Owls don't have legs that long or humanlike torsos. They also don't have weird fingers on their wings (the skeletal structure of a bird's wing wouldn't even make that theoretically possible). They don't wear clothes and glasses or practice archery either.

Just because owls are naturally upright doesn't mean Decidueye doesn't have many humanlike characteristics, I don't know why people seem to think you can only be anthro if you're a quadruped turned biped like incineroar.
>>
>>32123012
Also owls don't even stand completely upright like Decidueye, their body is slanted when standing like most birds. Compare Decidueye to Noctowl. Noctowls head rests forward of his feet. Deciduey's head is directly above the feet.
>>
>>32123012
>>32123050
>owlcucks will pitifully try to deny this

Watch, they're coming to defend it and lie as usual.

"least cancerous fan base" when they constantly insult others starters and even regular cool mons like Dhelmise to feel secure.
>>
File: a2b3614cf2ed84cbf401ebf667f32dc4.jpg (174KB, 702x1000px) Image search: [Google]
a2b3614cf2ed84cbf401ebf667f32dc4.jpg
174KB, 702x1000px
>>32122899
>hipster glasses
>cravat
>disco suit
>flabby manlet
Not even robin hood, it's austin powers with a beak and a shitty green hood.
>>
>>32122870
The owl has some human charactistics, but even implying it's more humanoid than cat or seal is really pushing it.
>>
>>32123136
I am >>32123098 and just got proven right. Sad.

No dude. No bird is like that. You're defending a dude in a bird suit.
>>
>>32123136
As somebody who doesn't really like human elements to things, I do find the owl infinitely more human than the other two.
Maybe it's because I try not to look for said elements, but the other two just don't give me the vibes that Decidueye does.
>>
This thread is mostly one person autistically making dozens of post and being extremely assblasted about Decidueye, isn't it? Just like the thread from a few days ago.
>>
>>32123165
>Owlcucks reduced to claiming false flagging yet again.

Maybe people just got tired of owlfans' hypocrisy and attacks, faggot. I for one laugh when they get put on the defensive for the same shit they subject to other mons.
>>
>>32123190
What the fuck are you talking about, it's not falseflagging to point out how autistic you are. Do you not understand the meaning of the words you use? Whether you like it or not, Decidueye is popular. Primarina is too. Incineroar, not so much. Why does it piss you off so much that a Pokemon is well-liked?
>>
>>32123190
Go away, you people threw the first punches. We really didn't do anything.
>>
>>32123157
The owl has human clothing with accessory, handwings and is an archer, a human thing.
The seal has human clothing, though actual clothing this time, accessories, hands, hair and is a singer, a human thing.
The cat is the one that strays from a cat's design the most. Has a human shape, with wrestler tank top, accessory, hands and fingers with opposable thumbs, and is a wrestler, a human thing.

I don't get how the owl is the most human-like of these. As far as being humanoid goes, the cat wins. Primarina has more human items and owl is a mix of both. At least owl and seal look like an owl and seal. The cat abandons even that.
As someone who does like human characteristics on Pokemon, I'd say the owl could use more. Better fingers and hand would definitely help, and maybe not being completely bald would be good too. As it stands, it has some human characteristics, but is far from the one with the most, at least to me.
>>
>>32123221
Dude, I just got tired of owl fans shitting on others. I love seeing you guys sperge out like you are now. I love the truth you guys ignore all your own mon's design flaws in an attempt to label it as "cool".

Don't get mad at me when people get tired of owlcucks making this board worse. Either learn to take it or leave, okay?
>>
>>32123256
>complains on Incineroar having the same issues Decidueye and Primarina have

Owlcucks in a nutshell everyone. Trying to play off much more obvious design flaws.

Christ I feel tired of having to point this out to them and see them ignore the constant arguments that shut them down. When will it end?
>>
>>32123256
>the seal has hands
Flippers are hands now?
>>
>>32123318
>complains

>>32123321
As much as feathers and wings, yes?
>>
Can someone tell me why people argue about fictional animals
>>
>>32123372
Because there's no reason not to.
>>
>>32123396
There isn't a reason to argue either.
>>
File: owl.png (140KB, 368x203px) Image search: [Google]
owl.png
140KB, 368x203px
>>32123342
Uh, no. Rowlet had pretty normal-looking wings that get disfugured to give Decidueye opposable fingers. Saying that's the same thing as sea lion flippers(which don't even have fingers and can't function like human hands?) makes no sense.
>>
>>32123256
Anon you replied to. I thought it over and it's the face - at least for me.
The structure of its head and the basic expression it has just have a humanoid aspect to me, especially the constant lulled eyes.
The general shape of its silhouette also doesn't help it, as it could be misconstrued as a human with the ease Incineroar could.
>>
>>32123413
There is. It's an effective way to kill some time while interacting with the Pokemon community.
>>
>>32123450
Lol a bunch of autists sperging out at each other and fighting over fictional creatures Is an effective use of time?

Okay
>>
>>32123465
Reading it on the side and laughing is.
>>
>>32123429
Yes, I get what you mean with that, I have seen the owl before. It's harder to miss on /vp/, really. My point is that its wings still don't LOOK like a human hand does anymore than the seal's flippers. They serve the same purpose, with its feathers acting as fingers, but as far as looks goes, it isn't any more humanoid than the flippers.

>>32123449
I guess that's understandable. Compared to the seal's long snout and the cat's feline face, it looks more human-like.
>>
>>32123256
>seal has human clothing
???
>hands
???
Only human thing about Primarina is the hair, and even then it's made of water.
I don't see how the seal and the owl are humanoid at all, aside from human behavior (singing and being an archer)
>>
>>32123260
The only sperg here is you. This thread has only 34 posters and 164 posts, and you're responsible for a large portion of the posts. I know you're the same person who was making a ton of posts flipping out about Decidueye in another thread a few days ago. I don't know if you're an angry Incineroar fan or just a retard, but you need to calm down about the damn owl. No matter how many times you insist it's more humanoid, most people don't agree with you. And for good reason, because you don't understand what 'humanoid' means.
>>
File: 1490036617724.png (409KB, 1144x888px) Image search: [Google]
1490036617724.png
409KB, 1144x888px
>tfw to smart too hate a starter
Only true intellectuals will realize they are all good in different ways
also I want to fuck them all
>>
>>32123837
dumb frogposter
>>
>>32122948
>more humanoid the Tony the Tiger
>>
>>32114068
There is nothing too defend. Its Greninja .05 .
People loved the dark mysterious ninja, so GF did the school shooter since its popular with their audience.
>>
File: Sketch201165052.png (299KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Sketch201165052.png
299KB, 720x1280px
>>32123848
remain in a state of unrest, homosexual
>>
>>32123429
Still less humanoid than Primarina and Incineroar.
>>
>>32125260
Cool, that's not what I was even talking about
Thread posts: 172
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.