[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Game Freak searching for staffer who can create models on the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 12

http://nintendoeverything.com/game-freak-searching-for-staffer-who-can-create-models-on-the-level-of-wii-u-and-ps-vita/

>Pokemon developer Game Freak is currently searching for a motion modeler. The company is trying to find someone who has experience making models on the level of Wii U and PlayStation Vita, and experience with the computer program Maya is required.

>Game Freak cites the following as bonuses:

>– Experience in deciding character model specifications
>– Experience in managing progress of character models
>– Experience in producing deformed characters
>– Experience in producing monster models

>The modeler will be asked to work on creating character models for an unspecified consumer game development project. Among other things, they’ll be asked to produce models of characters, monsters and items, and deformed materials with toon rendering. The position with Game Freak is on a contract basis and can lead up until May 2018.
>>
File: 1480870344969s.jpg (4KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1480870344969s.jpg
4KB, 125x125px
first
>>
>pii u and shita

why though
>>
>>32106607

Because that's the level the 3DS's successor will be on

Kimishima has talked about a potential successor to the 3DS
>>
More evidence to Pokemon on the Switch, though I'm not surprised considering the Switch's current sales. What really interests me is this:
>– Experience in producing deformed characters
>>
>tfw Pokemon have a model that is on par with wii u and vita
>tfw it runs on 5 fps
>>
>The position with Game Freak is on a contract basis and can lead up until May 2018.

So we might be leaving gen 7 in 2018 or early 2019?
>>
Actually, the Pokémon models for Sun and Moon are already "WiiU and PSVita level", or really close. This is either for the otherworld of a switch game, or a different IP
>>
>Experience in producing deformed characters

nani
>>
>>32106628
>>32106673
Maybe they are going back to chibi style like XY
>>
>>32106628

Deformed = Chibi
>>
>>32106579
So, his means they are barely starting on a pokemon switch game
>>
>>32106689
please no
>>
>>32106696

Doubt it's for a Switch game desu

Game Freak has never developed a game for a home console and I doubt that's going to change anytime soon.
>>
>>32106717
>Switch
>Home console
??????
>>
>>32106579
You know GF does more than just Pokemon, right?
>>
>>32106696
Gamefreak said they like to see how a consoles sales do before considering making a game for it. hence why pokemon titles were still being released on the ds when the 3ds had been out for like a year. There's probably at least one pair of games coming out on 3ds before we see anything on switch.
>>
>>32106724

It's a home console first and a handheld second
>>
File: HNI_0019.jpg (42KB, 361x691px) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0019.jpg
42KB, 361x691px
>>32106724
>He actually plays his switch outside
>>
>>32106717
I don't care what crap Nintendos marketing team has cropped up, the switch is a portable handheld that can connected to a tv screen.
>>
>>32106735
90% of the console is handheld, the dock has literally just an HDMI port and nothing else.
It's Nintendo's only next gen console.
Do you think Game Freak is gonna just release games on the 3DS forever? Besides, Switch is a handheld.
>>
They're definitely making a game with no relation to Pokemon, or a spinoff that needs its own set of models.
Every Pokemon Model as of SM is currently futureproofed, with the only necessary tweaks being higher resolution textures and maybe an actual mouth instead of a texture for one on several Pokemon.
>>
>>32106717
Its finally portable this time. Iirc the switch trailer had someone jamming it in their pocket. I doubt they would pass up on the oportunity for both pokemon and the switch
>>
Literally the 2 worst consoles ever made
>>
File: Virtual_Boy[1].jpg (136KB, 971x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Virtual_Boy[1].jpg
136KB, 971x1000px
>>32106806

Hello
>>
>>32106823
shit you beat me
>>
>>32106661
Yep, the actual models are pretty good and wasted on a 3ds, even on a new 3ds.

It's the only known case of GF actually preparing properly.
>>
ITT: /vp/ doesn't know game freak does other games as well
>>
>>32107276
Everyone knows that and it was even mentioned above but people still think it's about Pokemon regardless.
>>
File: record scratch.jpg (113KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
record scratch.jpg
113KB, 1280x720px
>mfw they're working on a 3d tembo sequel
>>
>>32107311
It sold like shit :( a shame, I really liked it
>>
>>32107311
Pokemon can suck my 1 inch cock. All I want is a sequel for Drill Dozer.
>>
>>32106619

>3ds successor

that's the switch mate
>>
>>32107351
hahahah
>>
>>32106717
People keep saying this, but there isn't a Portable console now, and there wont be for a good few years if Switch bombs because they've not started working on it. GF's options are make a game for the Switch (there are games that only work in handheld mode) or don't make it for Nintendo
>>
File: IMG_2649.png (333KB, 507x424px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2649.png
333KB, 507x424px
>>32107311
James Turner is a good game director and Pokémon Designer.
>>
>>32106734
Ninty has some unexplained sort of veto power on that though: GF was forbidden from making Grey and was told if they wanted to keep on the DS instead of 3DS then they would have to make something new.
>>
>>32107362
>new handheld exclusively for pokemon
Kys
>>
>>32106689
please for the love of god no
>>
>>32107393
>GF was forbidden from making Grey
Source?
>>
>>32107339
I'm sorry anon
>>
>>32107397

Who are you quoting?
>>
>>32107383
>Vanilluxe
No he fucking isn't.
>>
>>32107488
>being this wrong
>>
>>32106579
that's why nintendo has deciding make 16 million units.
BTFO POOR FAGS
>>
>>32106579
Uh huh...

This certainly seems non-suspect.
>>
>>32106628
>Pokedex sprites replaced with minatures
>>
>>32106579
>deformed characters
>monster models
>mfw Nihilego-Lusamine
>mfw other UBs will fuse
>Lillie will be overtaken by Nihilego
>UBs will play a substantial role in Rising Sun/Full Moon instead of getting shafted to postgame
>maybe we will even learn what happened to Looker's assistant
>>
>>32107488

>Buzzwole
>Guzzlord
>Trevenant
>Mandibuzz
>Golurk

Yes he is
>>
>>32106759
It absolutely is not a handheld, and just has the shittiest parts of them.
Unlike even the, aging, 3DS it cant even fit in most pockets/bags comfortably. It's also not in the price range a handheld should be and will need a fuckton of accessories to survive. Losing bits of it will set you back at least 50 dollars well. Most of the kids around here arent even allowed to take t heirs outside because of the price.

A real shame if the Switch is the only system this gen, because i'd like a handheld that isn't a fucking smartphone. Lets hope that best case scenario, an XD/Coll style game will come from this.
>>
>>32107351
Pokemon main series games on a home console just feels weird.
It's not pocket monsters anymore if it's a Switch game.
>>
>>32107923
Switch is a portable console.
>>
>>32107926
A portable console, yes, but still very much a home console.
Battery life on par with the aging 3DS? At best?
Not convenient to carry around? Stupid expensive?

Nintendo needs a handheld you can take farther than down the street and on long car trips. Half my pokemon progress in the last 20 years has been on the go, and locking you at home for the most part isn't how this should work.
>>
>>32107911
After using the switch for a week mostly as a handheld, I never want to touch my 3ds again. Such a better console.
>>
>>32107950
Well, good luck with that console because unless the Switch completely fails it's not gonna come out, and even then it's gonna be a few years from now. Switch is also very convenient to carry around and easy to charge, I don't think you have been near one.
>>
>>32107950
As somebody who owns a Switch I can absolutely agree. Been playing Zelda off and on, but Zelda is played at home and thats...really all the console has going for it. 3DS is just easier for me to cart around and it has far more games to keep me going.
It's a novel idea, but this is a proof of concept at best. We probably wont get a true portable console for a good half decade.
>>
>>32108011
I'm just afraid to remove mine from the dock. The dock itself can damage the screen.

The real problem is that most switch games will probably designed for home use, like Zelda, or for the pseudo Wii gimmick. We'll probably never get a game that can standalone as a purely handheld game.
>>
>>32107651
Uh... where'd you get that scarily-realistic Quagsire? Pokken?
>>
>>32107950
I play mine on the shitter.
Perfectly acceptable is you play it as WiiU+
>>
>>32108047
>a main series game on the switch with all pokemon having pokken realism tier models

I would cum
>>
>>32107382
>or don't make it for Nintendo
Gamefreak don't have this option
>>
>>32106673
Deformed characters are often used to render shadows faster.
>>
>>32106619
Undocked Switch is in this level
>>
>>32108081
That sounds more like it would fit in the Gamecube spinoff area than a main series.
>>32108145
Undocked Switch has limited portability and isn't meant to go the distance things like the GB/DS/3DS lines are.
>>
>>32108161
>That sounds more like it would fit in the Gamecube spin-off area than a main series.
Will never happen again
>Undocked Switch has limited portability and isn't meant to go the distance things like the GB/DS/3DS lines are.
Yeah but is will be the only Nintendo machine for at least 4 years
>>
GF does not have a choice. They will be making switch games, regardless of what they think.

Sure they could get away with making 3DS games for now, but after next year that won't be an option.
>>
>>32108183
>Will never happen again
Still makes more sense than putting a pokemon game on a home console
>>32108183
>Yeah but is will be the only Nintendo machine for at least 4 years
Which is probably correct, sadly, because Nintendo has decided to turn their back on their handheld fans(that kept them alive during the WiiU flop). Now it's either buy a Vita for shit weeb games once I run out of 3DS content or settle for shitty mobile games.
>>
>>32108183
>Yeah but is will be the only Nintendo machine for at least 4 years

>I will be 30 before Nintendo even thinks about making something I can take on the bus with me again.
>>
>>32106717
Have you forgotten Mendel Palace, Yoshi, Pulseman, and Tembo the Badass Elephant?

jeez that title is cringe
>>
>>32108203
Which is probably correct, sadly, because Nintendo has decided to turn their back on their handheld fans(that kept them alive during the WiiU flop). Now it's either buy a Vita for shit weeb games once I run out of 3DS content or settle for shitty mobile games.
The thing is the Switch could be had a excellent handheld if Nintendo dropped the stupid designs ( joycons, dock) and not be overly greed
>>
File: PULSE-ART-001.gif (43KB, 636x399px) Image search: [Google]
PULSE-ART-001.gif
43KB, 636x399px
>>32106717
>Game Freak has never developed a game for a home console

Literally the most retarded thing anyone has said regarding GameFreak.
>>
Can't wait for Pokemon Switch, this has me hypes.

Also kill yourself if you think there will be a 3DS successor besides Switch, Switch Mini is the best you will get.
>>
>>32108287
The idea of a main game pokemon in the Switch makes me side to just think about.
People like >>32108961 even more so because they'd rather handhelds die than keep pokemon on them.
XD would be the best ending but I guess people just can't accept that anymore and just buy into everything Nintendo does better or worse.
>>
>>32108411
>literally my mother's Ledian
>>
>>32109602
Ledian that is a poor man pulseman
>>
So happy Pokemon is going back to a single screen. Fuck the DS line.
>>
REMINDER: Game Freak will force handheld only on the Switch
>>
So Gen VIII development is just starting, as expected, shame it'll almost definitely be on the hardware disaster that is the Switch, and in HD period, which is only going to make the games even worse than they are on the 3DS for the same reasons the 3DS games are worse than the DS games.

>>32107651
Deformed is probably keyword for "not realistic" as in "anime people", and "monsters" is just Pokemon in general.

>>32108081
Please no, Pokken is absolutely disgusting.
>>
File: 1402681139205.jpg (7KB, 250x242px) Image search: [Google]
1402681139205.jpg
7KB, 250x242px
>>32108081
I wish. Pokken is the best Pokemon has ever looked. They would never do it tho for all those Pokemon. GF are pieces of shit and even the company that made Pokken wouldn't do it considering the Digimon games they make are just as bad. They only needed to make a few of them for Pokken.
>>
I saw a Nintendo dev of Switch games on Twitter refer as the best games of the year coming from Japan including "Pokemon 3DS"

Maybe it means nothing but referring to SM as Pokemon 3DS could imply a confirmation of a Switch version.
>>
>>32106579
Watch this be another spin-off game like Mystery Dungeon or something. MARK MY WORDS!
>>
>>32110344
>implying that's a bad thing
>>
>>32110344
Game Freak didn't make MD.
>>
>>32110344
>GF working on a spinoff of their own series
>>
>>32110325
The actual teams that work on Digimon games and Pokken are completely different, considering Namco Bandai is a humongous company with not only countless internal teams but many external developers to ring up and have make games for their brands, and CS like mainline Pokemon actually gets the visual style right instead of relying on horrendous "realistic" shit like Pokken.
>>
>>32107383
I bet he has the biggest dick from the whole GF staff.
>>
>>32110253
Why? Pokemon doesn't have to be on just handheld-only mode.

Yes, I know there's touch screen stuff, but we could just use the motion controls/pointer.
>>
>>32106806
Wii u is great you graphicwhore
Ps vita is literal weeabo garbage
>>
File: MEcreator.png (405KB, 732x525px) Image search: [Google]
MEcreator.png
405KB, 732x525px
>>32106579
>Experience in producing deformed characters
They should ask Bioware
>>
>>32106579
>experience with the computer program Maya is required.
Fucking why tho? There's a thousand programs out there that are much better than fucking Maya. I have never worked with a more shitty 3D program than it.
>>
Pokemon Stadium 3
>>
>>32106579
>this means the next pokemon pair are coming to the switch
>totally won't be some party or spinoff game
yep, yep fucking retards itt as expected
>>
>>32106579
>Vita
Probably something Tembo related.
>>
File: b.png (428KB, 996x445px) Image search: [Google]
b.png
428KB, 996x445px
oh shit, don't worry guys i'll be right on i-
never mind
>>
>>32110363
Scamco games all look like shit except maybe Tekken. Theyre honestly garbage and I never buy their projects since theyr shit at making video games.
>>
>>32111800
>Gamefreak doing spin-offs
>>
File: dumb pepe.jpg (5KB, 168x250px) Image search: [Google]
dumb pepe.jpg
5KB, 168x250px
>>32106579
>tfw too fuckin' dumb to do this
>can't even use sculptris correctly
>>
>>32107351
and the ipad mini is a successor to laptops
>>
>>32111777
I assume it's because Maya handles a lot of other parts of the process than just modeling, but I've personally never had trouble with it. What do you find so bad about it?
>>
>>32111711
Kek
>>
>>32107397
underage retard
>>
>>32111777
Blenderfag detected
>>
>>32112444
Technically it'd be more accurate to use Surface since specwise they are closer.
>>
>>32106579
This shows Game freak is full the bad developers
>>
>>32113936
Why?
>>
>>32111844
Tembo sold really bad so no.
>>
>>32107324
Of course it sold like shit, Game Freak at this point is only known for games they do on Nintendo consoles (unless they decide to do a Pulseman sequel) and they consciously decided not to put the game on any Nintendo console, claiming they "forgot" about them even though their entire bread and butter is Pokémon. Probably struck a nerve with a few fans to be given the finger like that, and why would a Sonygger care about something made by Game Freak?
>>
>>32106673
Party-screen sprites getting replaced with 3d models.

Also, possibly following pokemon back?
>>
>>32117631
Following Pokémon were already planned for SM. You can find walking/running animations for every Pokémon in the game, all 802 Pokémon have them including Megas and alternate forms.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2Sq4bP3-P0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JD7wtgYg4tg
There are similar videos to these for all of the Pokémon in the game showcasing their unused overworld animations.
>>
The game I have been playing recently is basically a port of Sun and Moon on the Switch.

Glad to see they are going to be improving on it rather than leaving it as this shitty port.
>>
>>32118116
Just go already. Isn't 1 thread enough for you?
>>
Well

At least this kills that stupid Pokemon Stars rumor.
>>
>>32106689
>>32106694
Are you idiots? Do you think sun & moon models realistic?

It's anime as fuck.
>>
>>32120758
No it doesn't.

It can still be an uprezzed sun and moon, with this being gen 8
>>
>>32106673
So, Gmod guys, I guess
>>
>>32106579
My initial reaction was:
>They haven't started yet?!
>>
>>32107351
spoken like a poorfag that doesn't own a switch
>>
>>32120973
They have started. They simply determined they needed more models than they have now after leaving the pre-development process and are hiring somebody to help out with that.
>>
>>32108081
No. Pokken is a perfect example of what Pokemon should NOT look like on modern hardware.
>>
Can't the Switch go into handheld only mode for some games?
>>
>>32106607
*snap*
>>
>>32107422

One of the old Iwata Asks. Google it.
Here's how it went:
>Jewfreak was planning "Black 2" and "White 2" as a "surprise"
>Quotes because they were really just going to be Grey split in two, not sequels
>Iwata tells them to fuck off and do something new if it'll still be on the DS
>Masuda is stumped for a bit, then settles on making them actual sequels
Thread posts: 122
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.