[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm about to get this game in the mail, and I haven't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: 1488748501521.png (187KB, 303x424px) Image search: [Google]
1488748501521.png
187KB, 303x424px
I'm about to get this game in the mail, and I haven't played it since I was like 8. Suggest to me some interesting challenges
>>
>>32105665
Try to get through the game without encountering a wild pokemon.
>>
>>32105665
Play Colosseum instead
>>
>>32105665
Nuzlocke it
>>
>>32105690
How would you even go about doing that
>>
Catch all the final bosses Pokemon in one battle. Doing that makes it my favourite fight in the series.

>>32105711

>Mons are dead upon defeat rule is as usual.
>First pokespot encounters only.
>No abusing Miror B. Aside from Zangoose, if you fail to catch a mon, it's gone until postgame where the challenge is over if you want to 100% the game.
>>
>>32105665
Evolve your Eevee into Flareon and keep it with you at all times.
No purifying Shadow Pokemon. You can have it open it's heart to you and use its normal moves but don't take the final step.
>>
>>32105665
use flareon
use only shitmon like ladyba, spinarak, mawile, farfetch'd, hoppip, ect

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Shadow_Pok%C3%A9mon
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9_Spot
>>
File: #don't xd.jpg (27KB, 500x638px) Image search: [Google]
#don't xd.jpg
27KB, 500x638px
>>32105914
>>32106003
Not OP, but I actually started playing pokemon XD today for the first time and I picked the fire stone and then saved. Did this about an hour ago and haven't evolved it yet, but what's so bad about Flareon in this game? Poor moveset, I'm guessing?
>>
>>32105671
Kek
>>
>>32106203
I think it has to do with Flareon's Attack being higher than its Special Attack. And between level 30 (Bite) and 52 (Flamethrower) it doesn't learn anything noteworthy. Although a lot of Pokémon have that problem in gen III.
>>
>>32106203
The physical/special split hadn't happened yet by the time XD came out. So, all of Flareon's fire moves were woefully weak because of its garbage special attack stat.
>>
>>32105711

>All shadow pokemon viable
>First for Pokespot only
>Dead upon death
>Purification is a second chance
>>
>>32106203
Flareon is a slow fire type with shit defense outside of special d. It's movepool is small as fuck and since this is a gen 3 game, it can't really utilize its massive attack stat too well. Your best options are Shadow Ball and Iron Tail (or Hyper Beam if you're 12). The only special moves it learns are Flamethrower/Fire Blast and fucking Bite. I know the Eeveelutions in prior gens don't have the most diverse movepools, but Flareon/Fire is not as useful as any of the other 4 types at the time. Even then, Vaporeon isn't that great because its best water attack would be Water Pulse.
>>
>>32106203

>XD

Reddit is that way
>>
Take a shot every time you encounter a Cipher Peon. https://youtu.be/AL6ktH4S-1s I guarantee you that this song will be engraved in your mind after playing the game for a while
>>
File: 1442191811906.jpg (58KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1442191811906.jpg
58KB, 1024x768px
>>32105665
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-qmnkfjrB0
>>
>>32105914
>No purifying Shadow Pokemon. You can have it open it's heart to you and use its normal moves but don't take the final step.
Is that even possible given the fact you can't leve up shadow Pokémon and Citadark Isle has a hellish level curve? Not convinced anything in the game can take on the final few bosses without being purified
>>
>>32106272
Man I forgot how epic that soundtrack sounded
>>
>>32107429
I don't know.
>you can still catch the Pokemon on Citidark
>shadow moves can be walled by your shadow pokemon and are super effective against everything else
>opponent shadow pokemon can only use shadow moves (I think) while yours could have access to at least normally effective moves
I think there's enough in your favor to make it possible barring Reverse Mode RNG/timing.
>>
>>32107429
Of course. Pokespots exist.
>>
>>32106203
OP here. I used Flareon as a kid because I thought he looked cool. That probably explains why the dude with shadow Lunatone was a bitch. It's a great game though, even if you did pick the worst one. Have fun!
>>
>>32107429
You'd probably have to keep swapping out mons on Citadark (aka going back and forth between the PC) but it could be possible
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.