[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>mega launcher doesn't affect hydro pump >or ice beam

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7

>mega launcher doesn't affect hydro pump
>or ice beam
>or any water move besides fucking water pulse
why is GF so retarded?
>>
Mega Blastoise was the redheaded stepchild of the Kanto Megas

They fellatiated the fuck out of Charizard and half-assed Venusaur's design while still making it a reasonable Pokemon to use. Blastoise?
>Eh, slap a meme ability on it. Fags will defend it
>>
>>32102302
The design is so shit too. Why the fuck did they take Blastoise's signature shoulder cannons and give him these retarded shell arm peashooters? What the fuck?
>>
>>32102302
why though, I thought blastoise was well liked

more popular than fucking venusaur at least
>>
>>32102347
Blastoise is liked by Charizard-hating contrarians and "Speed Runners"

Bulbasaur has the advantage of being the first Pokemon in the Dex and being good against most of the Gen I Gym Leaders, alongside the fact a lot of Gen I Grass types just aren't that good where as you can pick up a million Water types that outclass Blastoise

The fact Mega Blastoise doesn't have a secondary typing leads me to believe that Game Freak really never cared about it in the first place. I don't think Red was portrayed in any media to ever have the Squirtle line, so it's either Blue's Starter for the purposes of being Red's Charizard's foil, or it goes unseen because of the Bulba-Char dynamic that's Game Freak's most popular go-to since Fire Red and Leaf Green
>>
>>32102280
why would you save such a down syndrome art in your pc
>>
>>32102347
GF almost never gives Blastoise anything good. I'm surprised he got those new moves to go with Mega Launcher.

>defensive with no recovery
>inaccurate signature attack
>no Steel typing
>shitty Hidden Ability
>no Shell Smash
>this Mega

Why?
>>
>>32102360
>Blastoise is liked by Charizard-hating contrarians and "Speed Runners"

That's idiotic. Most people's reasons for liking Blastoise have nothing to do with Charizard OR speed runs.
>>
>>32102280
It affects Origin Pulse.
>>
>>32102368
I just grabbed a random pic off google, sue me
>>
>>32102392
>Blastoise's signature ability affects Kyogre's signature move

Classic Game Freak.
>>
>>32102393
that's no excuse, next time choose something more appealing to the eye
>>
File: 1487383246206.jpg (29KB, 488x254px) Image search: [Google]
1487383246206.jpg
29KB, 488x254px
>Charizard X gets dragon typing so water isn't super effective anymore
>Charizard Y gets instant solar beam so Blastoise gets OHKO'd every time
>Venusaur gets thick fat so non-mega launcher boosted ice beam doesn't do shit
>>
>>32102372
>good point
>"signature"
>maybe cuz steel didn't exist, maybe
>I don't even remember it
>Why would a turtle smash its shell, just for dying afterwards?
>yeah, it's the weakest starter mega, but at least it got it
>>
>>32102406
>being this dumb
>>
>Venusaur gets Chlorophyll, Growth, and Swords Dance
>Charizard gets Swords Dance, Belly Drum, and Dragon Dance
>Blastoise gets Power Up Punch

What did they mean by this?
>>
>>32102450
Signature does not mean exclusive. Hydro Pump is absolutely Blastoise's signature move.

His HA is Rain Dish.

The argument that Shell Smash would kill it is absolutely retarded. You can say that for anything that does get SS, including Torkoal.

It got a weak as shit Mega, which is worth noting. Are you just trying to argue for arguing's sake?
>>
>>32102450
>carracosta
>turtonator
>torkoal
>>
>No recovery
>Only boosting move is Power-up Punch
>Mega Ability only affects 5 moves, and Blastoise can only learn 4 of them.
>Too fast for Trick Room, too slow to outspeed anything
>Fucking Venusaur outspeeds it

Blastoise is the original JUST starter
>>
File: 1392928684638.png (14KB, 252x242px) Image search: [Google]
1392928684638.png
14KB, 252x242px
>>32102473
>Hydro Pump is absolutely Blastoise's signature move
>>
>>32102473
you might be thinking of hydro cannon
>>
>>32102280
Aura Sphere
Dark Pulse
Dragon Pulse
>>
File: 4.png (229KB, 315x317px) Image search: [Google]
4.png
229KB, 315x317px
>>32102569
>none of them work against fairies
>>
Hey guys, foremost expert on Blastoise here. Turns out the mega is shit. It is shitty caca poopoo doodoo. Here's how you fix Blastoise in his original form:

- give him shell smash. Plain and fucking simple.

- Give him an ability like Compound eyes. Never miss with Hydro Pump or Focus Blasts again.

That's it. As for the mega, take it, crumble it up, throw it in the toilet on top of your hot steamy pancake, flush it, and never think about it again. GG.
>>
>>32102582
10/10 post
>>
>>32102572
>Scald burns your Fairy
>nothin personell
>>
>>32102608
finally a reason to pick blastoise over other water types

oh wait lol
>>
>>32102582
>Give him an ability like Compound eyes. Never miss with Hydro Pump or Focus Blasts again.

Pokedex supports this idea

>The water spouts are very accurate. They can shoot bullets of water with enough accuracy to strike empty cans from a distance of over 160 feet
>>
just like 90% of bulky pokemon, you'd just need to give it recover to make it not shit
>>
>>32102641
Slack off would fit to turtle
>>
I wish Shell Smash wasn't even a fucking thing. It was made mostly to make a couple of Pokemon more useful, but because it's a good move, everyone bitches about how they want literally everything with a Shell to have it. It was a fucking mistake.
>>
>>32102646
anything, it makes no sense for venusaur to have a hundred different ways to recover, have an infinitely better defensive typing, be faster AND have an acceptable sp.atk

while blastoise has better coverage I guess
>>
>>32102666
SHELL SMASH SHELGON AND PUPITAR WHEN?
>>
>>32102360
>I don't think Red was portrayed in any media to ever have the Squirtle line,
Wouldn't Ash count?
>>
>>32102689
No he doesn't, but even if he did Ash always put more emphasis on his Bulbasaur and Charizard than he ever did with Squirtle. Bulbasaur even came close to evolving before he cucked Ash, while all Squirtle had going for it was being from a gang of delinquents and occasionally putting shades on

It needed a fucking gimmick to stay relevant
>>
>>32102563
You might be underage
>>
For years I couldn't choose between Blastoise and Charizard

Game Freak finally made my decision for me by shitting all of Blastoise and making Charizard the true patrician's choice.
>>
>>32102329
Actually, mega Blastoises arm cannons alone are roughly twice the circumference of his old shoulder cannons.

As for >>32102302, I think I can explain GFs reasoning for giving mega Blastoise mega launcher is this: they wanted to give people incentive to run dragon pulse over ice beam since ice beam beats dragon pulse in almost every way. Does that stop people from running ice beam? No.

But the BIGGEST part that's inexcusable is giving Blastoise and extra 20 points in its physical attack upon mega evolution. Why give Blastoise an not only a giant leap in special attack, but an ability that affects nothing but pulse and aura moves which are all special attacks to begin with, therefore giving people absolutely no incentive to run any physical attacks on mega Blastoise This effectively gave Blastoise only an 80 point boost when other megas got a full 100. They should've just split those extra 20 points into giving him an extra 10 points to each of his defenses.
>>
File: tumblr_oa0l1eX6Ue1rduh3zo2_540.gif (2MB, 540x302px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oa0l1eX6Ue1rduh3zo2_540.gif
2MB, 540x302px
Mega Blastoise is cute
>>
Why is everyone acting like the Mega "ruined" Blastoise somehow? It's better than it ever was. It's just not the strongest, because there are even better Pokemon out there.
>>
>>32103341
>It's better than it ever was.

I beg to differ. Between Hidden Abilities, the power creep, and other Megas, Blastoise is arguably worse off now that it was in the past. The Mega had a chance to improve things, but it's still falling behind in spite of it.
>>
>>32103341
it didn't ruin it, he was already shit to begin with
thing is, the other 2 starters became good with megas while blastoise didn't
>>
>>32103392
But Venusaur was OU in gen V. Admittedly, only as a Jap-only male locked event, but still.
>>
>>32103407
I'm not sure how that helps your point that Blastoise isn't shit
>>
>>32103341
You can't ruin shit

>>32103407
Venusaur was good then, but it has so many options and tools now that it's absolutely ridiculous
>Can breed for a God Tier Hidden Ability
>Can run mixed thanks to Growth's buff
>Or tank shit with very reliable recovery as a mega

Only Charizard's double meme Megas give it more options. Venusaur is probably one of the best Grass starters in the series now
>>
>>32103392
>thing is, the other 2 starters became good with megas while blastoise didn't
THE only starter to go from shit to great was Charizard. Venusaur was always useful, and it got even better. Same with Blaziken. Sceptile and Swampert were always mediocre, and they stayed mediocre.

>it didn't ruin it, he was already shit to begin with
Blastoise started out UU in Generation I, and even in this Generation, thanks to its Mega, it's stayed in UU. That's more than most Pokemon get. It's far from shit. It's doing great. Much better than the vast majority of Pokemon.
>>
>>32103266
>This effectively gave Blastoise only an 80 point boost when other megas got a full 100.
Most (or at least many) Megas get a boost to a worthless attacking stat. Venusaur and Yzard got the same 20 point dump in Attack, while Xzard got a 21 point dump in Special Attack when its Ability only boosts Physical moves. Even Ytwo loses 40 points to its Attack stat (20 points of which comes out of its Defense!) when it has a whole other Mega for using Physical attacks with.
Hell even Mega Gardevoir lost 20 perfectly good points bringing its worthless attack stat up to 85 for no good reason. Perfectly put-together Megas are few and far between.
>>
Fuck regular Blastoise. Overrated piece of shit. I actually prefer Mega Blastoise by a long mile.
Still, Venusaur and Charizard are just better in everything (regular form, megas and competitive usage).
>>
>>32103430
It wasn't meant to. Just to correct anon that the other two needed Megas to become good which was faulty. Everybody knows Blastoise got the shaft Kanto starter wise. Makes me wonder if it's Japan's least popular Kanto starter.
>>
>>32103311
>MASTER I POWERWASHED YOUR CAR
>>
File: Sunny Day Team.png (553KB, 768x1023px) Image search: [Google]
Sunny Day Team.png
553KB, 768x1023px
>>32102302
You also forgot to mention that Venasuar and Char-Y have great synergy together and cover each other pretty nicely
>>
>>32102280
mega launcher was made specifically for aura sphere
>>
>>32104153
>Venasaur

I will never understand how so many people do this.
>>
File: 1401913071168.jpg (152KB, 800x635px) Image search: [Google]
1401913071168.jpg
152KB, 800x635px
>>32104189
I am lazy and I can't be assed to spell check.
>>
>>32104210
Why would you have to spell check

Venus. Can you not spell Venu without checking?
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.