[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can people defend the Sinnoh region? >Mt. Coronet is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 12

File: Pt_Sinnoh.png (1MB, 1024x724px) Image search: [Google]
Pt_Sinnoh.png
1MB, 1024x724px
How can people defend the Sinnoh region?

>Mt. Coronet is monotonous, requires a shitload of HMs and contains nothing of interesting (Spear Pillar is literally outside, duh)
>You also need to cross the aforementioned Mt.Coronet at least four times during the main story, making the deal even more monotonous
>Snow makes you slower, as do the swampy areas, and these two should be some of the biggest additions introduced
>most of the cities are uninspired (apart from the obvious exceptions like Floaroma Town) and as a whole a huge stepback from Hoenn
>in general the region lacks organicity, with most biomes crammed into the Battle Zone and nothing comparable to the refinement of Mt. Chimney, with the system of cities and routes surrounding it

The main problem of DPPt is that when Game Freak made these games, they thought "oh well, if in the real word this thing works like that, we must do it the same way on our game!".
Except not, it's a fucking game, and if your decisions make the gameplay flow less naturally, well, that's just bad design.

Deal with it Sinnoh fags, the region wasn't that great and it's probably the worst example of game design when talking about Pokémon. At least the surfing speed in Hoenn was acceptable and the sea routes took a small amount of the main quest.
>>
>>32099398
Because shut up
>>
>>32099411
>lists objective faults of the region
>is told to shut up

Truth does really hurt, doesn't it?
>>
File: Knocking on Alola's Door.png (403KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Knocking on Alola's Door.png
403KB, 640x480px
Sinnoh and to a lesser extent FRLG rejuvenated interest in the series after Hoenn nearly killed it

The real issue is Masuda is a hack that doesn't know how to design a game so he always needs somebody else to clean up his mess and make things respectable. This happened with Emerald, Platinum and to a lesser extent B2W2
>>
>>32099424
>objective
Don't use words you don't know the meaning of
>>
>>32099427
>Sinnoh rejuvenated interest in the series after Hoenn nearly killed it

That's for you, I guess. Because the 1.5 million copies with wich DP outsold RS were just because of the popularity of the Nintendo DS. The only thing that rejuvenated interest in Pokémon after 2002 was Pokémon GO.
>>
File: 1358214348085.jpg (114KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1358214348085.jpg
114KB, 500x500px
>>32099449
>he denies that things like snow and swampy areas made gameplay flow less naturally calling the other person an ignorant
ahah oh my god you're really grasping at straws
>>
Are you autistic? You can't wait 4s of getting stuck?
Does traveling Mt.coronet affect you that much?
Kids are so fucking impatient nowdays.
>>
>>32099398
>>32099411
>>32099427
>>32099452
>My opinion is truth
>Every game I hate is objectively bad
>Every game I like is objectively good
>Everyone who disagrees with me needs to shut up
>>
>>32099452
I mean that's because it's Kanto shilling on something normalfags actually owned and the fad is already near-dead with Johto Pokemon having just barely been added

I guess eventually we'll have to admit that despite the minor improvements Masuda tried to tack onto the series, Pokemon will never truly be as big or even as revolutionary as Gen I or II

>>32099475
I'm impatient myself, but Sinnoh is just a more tolerable region to explore than the likes of Hoenn. I can't say I prefer the linear designs of the new games, but I don't really hate them either. As long as it's not a boring slog of nothing like Kalos
>>
>>32099470
NO U
>>
File: 1361495112305.jpg (46KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1361495112305.jpg
46KB, 400x400px
>>32099475
I don't even hate sinnoh but this is hilarious
like, dude, can't you wait 20 fucking minutes watching a black screen? or are you AUTISTIC?
Ahah did you see that, I said AUTISTIC?
Fuck off man.
>>
>>32099517
>20 minutes
It's 5 fucking seconds,man.
>>
File: 1454959783790.jpg (107KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
1454959783790.jpg
107KB, 900x675px
>>32099398
After playing through each game of each gen i can safely say Sinnoh is my least favorite region, while there were some great moments like going through the snow routes for the first time you need to go through so much mediocre bullshit to get there, i swear these games have some of the most forgettable routes and towns i ever had to deal with

And it sucks because this gen had some good shit here and there, the split, the new bike and the pokétch, but it becomes hard to appreciate them when shit like the HM madness and the poor mon distribution are a thing (yeah, platinum fixed that but the dex itself its still underwelming)
>>
File: 1438104692567.png (154KB, 660x477px) Image search: [Google]
1438104692567.png
154KB, 660x477px
haha oh boy another genwar thread what a treat
>>
>>32099528
yeah, and I was making an hyperbole because your post made no fucking sense
being stuck in the snow adds NOTHING to the game experience, except maybe being bothered by the fact that it takes you half an hour to cross an area that would normally take you 5 minutes
>>
>>32099398
Why do people even defend Hoenn
>needing a water type on your team for a large portion of the game.
>Spending a good portion of the game listening to surf music
>Lots of out of the way unmentioned content during the main game.
>Unoriginal Pseudo-legendaries.
>lame soundtrack except for two pieces of music those being the team leader battle and the legendary theme.

Deal with it Hoenn fags, the region is bad and the worst when it comes to the experience for the average player.

want me to do this for every region.
>>
>>32099579
>water types are need basically just after Lilycove City, that is after you have obtained SIX badges out of EIGHT
>again, it's actually a much smaller part of the game than most people make it seem to be
>what does this even mean?
>???
>music is truly objective and OP didn't even mention that, but while we're about it RS made a much better use of the GBA soundfont than DPPt did

Try harder man.
>>
How can anyone defend Kanto?
>It was too easy to travel
>Most of the Pokemon designs were uninspired
>Rock Tunnel
>Leveling up was too easy
>$500 for a Magikarp?!
>"We can't let you visit Saffron City yet!" *take Underground Path to Celadon, buy water* "Oh okay, you can pass now." What was the point?
>Missingno glitch
>Victory Road had those stupid rock puzzles
>The legendaries were pointless
>The soundtrack was objectively bad and everyone who likes it should feel bad
>>
>>32099579
never thought I'd see the day, but apparently we've reached the point where optional content is considered bad by some on /vp/
>>
>>32099722
A list of opinions, a couple of good points, as a whole a blatant bait.
Thise thread gave me proof that Sinnohfetuses truly aren't able to defend their beloved region.
>>
>>32099605
>>water types are need basically just after Lilycove City, that is after you have obtained SIX badges out of EIGHT

Now consider how much content is from there to the pokemon league. 2 gym badges last battle with what ever evil team. the legendary pokemon then the pokemon league

>???
Ok lets look at the psuedo legends.
A stereotypical depiction of a dragon
A robot.

>what does this even mean?

Ok lets look at the content that you had to go out of your way to do that was not even mentioned.

Sea mauville.
The fucking obnoxious regis. like seriously you need a fucking guide to know what your doing
Shoal Cove
Meteor Falls (aside from the first floor)

>music is truly objective and OP didn't even mention that, but while we're about it RS made a much better use of the GBA soundfont than DPPt did

Out of all the soundtracks in RS only 2 are memorable. those being the ones I mentioned. meanwhile in DPP there were many Tracks I remembered like the Old Chateau, Spear Pillar, Pokemon league theme, Cynthia pre battle theme and Cynthia's battle theme.
>>
File: 8de.png (311KB, 680x681px) Image search: [Google]
8de.png
311KB, 680x681px
>>32099737
>>
File: thatsthejoke.jpg (31KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
thatsthejoke.jpg
31KB, 600x450px
>>32099739
>List of opinions
>>
>>32099745
>Now consider how much content is from there to the pokemon league.
And most of it happens in caves and dungeons. Wow.
>Salamence, the first true Dragon of Pokémon that IS a Dragon Type, and a robot, something that Pokémon never made before
This was bait and I took it. My bad.
>Ok lets look at the content that you had to go out of your way to do that was not even mentioned.
It's so bad to discover things on your own :( thank god DPPt spoonfeded us with every single thing we had to do.
>I say music is objective
>he lists opinion
jesus christ man just stop it, your trolling makes me so fucking sad and I'm sure there are better defenders of Sinnoh out there. Just stop it, please.
>>
>>32099758
>he's implying I listed opinions
>24 posts later they still weren't refuted
>>
>>32099769
Best part is sinnoh isn't even my favourite. just wait till Some one attacks Unova
>>
>>32099769
>he lists opinion
Name one person in this thread who hasn't
You don't count
>>
File: OpoQQ.jpg (20KB, 465x446px) Image search: [Google]
OpoQQ.jpg
20KB, 465x446px
>>32099786
>>
>>32099811
I haven't seen this one in a long time.
>>
File: 1347103445187.gif (67KB, 446x400px) Image search: [Google]
1347103445187.gif
67KB, 446x400px
>>32099794
>being slowed down by snow and mud isn't bad
>having a small piece of land contain all the biomes that should have made the main region more varied isn't bad
>having a huge area where many HMs are mandatory and where nothing of interesting takes place isn't bad
>>
>>32099817
What else is one supposed to say when somebody completely misses the point?
>>
>Spear Pillar is still part of it, and does have other points of interest like the foggy northern tunnels and snowy summits
>every time you have to enter has entirely new sections to access
>this is actually shit, yes
>pretty much every town has a unique flavor to it, the only way there's little variety is in climate and biome, but that being kept constant helps keep the region feeling like an actual single region unlike say the disjointed Kalos
>I don't feel this, but have no arguments to the contrary, so fine

only truly shit region game design wise is Alola tee bee aych
>>
>>32099745
No that anon, but dude, how the fuck can you shit on the hoenn legendaries when the gen 4 legendaries are retarded level of lazy
>ok guys how do we make the legendaries interesting?
>Uh... how about if we... make them incredible strong!
>how strong?
>reality tearing strong!
>Sounds good
>Oh!, and we can make a pokemon god, that will make it really interesting
>aren't we going too far?
>Nah, and since we made a god, we need to make a devil pokemon!
>W-well, ok...

Also the lake trio is fucking boring as shit, like holy shit, the regi trio is fucking perfection compared to the lake trio
>>
>>32099831
if you're so smart then tell me what the fucking point is
>>
>>32099842
See
>>32099722
>>32099758
and think about them for more than two seconds
>>
File: haha oh wow.jpg (39KB, 562x437px) Image search: [Google]
haha oh wow.jpg
39KB, 562x437px
>>32099398
>Canalave City
>Veilstone City
>Sunyshore City
>Jubilife City
>Uninspired
>>
>>32099840
I am a lore fag so honestly I liked the origin pokemon. also the devil pokemon is probably the gravity pokemon.

I criticized the Regi Trio for the shit you had to fucking go through to see them. Braille then the most random shit.
>>
>>32099839
>>every time you have to enter has entirely new sections to access
True, but it's still a cave and all you can do is just moving and smashing rocks in a dark place. To me it sounds a tad more boring than surfing at high speed in a sea full of little islands to explore, but I admit it may be just a matter of taste. You know, coprophagia is a thing.
>>pretty much every town has a unique flavor to it
I still think they hadn't personalities as strong as in Hoenn (you know, the region that had a city built on trees and another one inside of a volcano), but then again this may be a matter of taste.

I strongly agree on this one though
>that being kept constant helps keep the region feeling like an actual single region unlike say the disjointed Kalos
>>
>>32099860
>Jubilife City
>aka Rustboro City 2.0

>Veilstone City
>Gray: the city, the game, the experience
>>
>>32099893
>I criticized the Regi Trio for the shit you had to fucking go through to see them. Braille then the most random shit.
i just used a guide, and it was still really fun, since they were pretty nicely hidden, so it felt like an adventure.
>>
>>32099917
>Rustburo
>Interesting

Jubilife doesn't even have a Gym. What even makes them remotely similar other than the schools?
>>
>>32099931
>Requiring a guide to get legendaries.

To me it felt like a chore. An adventure I liked was being curious about what was in the next part of the mountain each time I finished one part of the cave.
>>
>>32099969
They're a huge city you encounter early in the game where the local company that builds the flagship device is located.
Never implied Rustboro is interesting. Actually it's one of the blandest cities in Hoenn, just the lampposts were nice (and infact Jubilife recycled this detail).
>>
Nobody wins in a war of opinion.
>>
>>32099917
yeah Jubilife and Veilstone are so much blander than Verdanturf, Mauville, Rustboro, and Petalburg
>>
File: 1457693698403.jpg (7KB, 287x298px) Image search: [Google]
1457693698403.jpg
7KB, 287x298px
remember when mods enforced the rules and removed genwar threads
don't worry, me neither because mods don't fucking exist
>>
>>32100041
Sinnoh and Hoenn had their ups and downs, but the first one can only dream of reaching the highest ups of the latter.
Sinnoh has nothing comparable to Slateport, Sootopolis, Fortree or Pacifidlog
>>
>Snowy climate is on the same latitude as tropical island
It's like they were trying to make them bad.
>>
>>32100061
/vp/ is a dead board that nobody gives a shit about. It's containment to keep this trash out of /v/ and /a/

>>32100095
All those cool Hoenn towns are really only bland gimmicks that ended up being pretty mediocre due to GBA hardware. Even if Sinnoh towns aren't anywhere near as interesting I feel like all those towns are way overhyped

Especially Pacifidlog which is optional and adds nearly nothing to Hoenn but more water routes
>>
>>32100118
This.
Sunyshore, Oreburgh, Floaroma, Veilstone, Jubilife, Hearthome, and Canalave all had personality to them, not just bland gimicky shit.
>>
>>32100061
>>32100118
It's like the SFW version of pol. All sides fucking hate each other
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.