[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is it that you can't catch fainted pokemon? Wouldn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

Why is it that you can't catch fainted pokemon? Wouldn't it be the best possible time since the pokemon is incapacitated and couldn't fight back?
>>
>>32087721
They say that it's because the Pokemon scurries away.

It's just a gameplay mechanic so that it's not stupidly easy to catch them.
>>
>>32087721
I always rationalise it as that a pokemon has to accept being caught
>>
>>32087721

"Fainting" is a hyperbole. The Pokemon isn't actually injured or unconscious, it's just too tired to keep battling.

Whenever you "knock out" a wild Pokemon, what really happens is that it runs away so it can rest.
>>
>>32087721
Wild Pokémon die when they "faint". Caught Pokémon are being kept alive by the Pokéball energy.
>>
>>32087858
This might legitimately be the edgiest thing I've read here... Good for (You)
>>
>>32087805
I agree. Pokemon want to become stronger, and getting a trainer can be the best way to do so, so it could be that the reason they are easier to catch after getting hurt is actually that they saw first-hand the trainer does a good job with the pokemon under their care, rather than being by force. They can't accept to be caught if they are unconcious.
>>
>>32087721
Because it's just game design
>>
>>32088574
>They can't accept to be caught if they are unconcious.
So it had to be consensual?
>>
>>32088851
this is such a cop out thing to say

why even say anything at all, we know it's a fucking game, you're not super cool and smart for giving a pragmatic answer
>>
>>32089248
Why ask a question if you don't like certain answers?
>>
>>32089248
It's just dumb. Sure sharing headcanons and stuff are fun but this is just stupid

>[insert pokemon] is not native to their region
>gym leaders stand in their rooms all day
>Hms are actually real in pkmn world
>catching and owning strong legends

Some people honestly believe these things
>>
>>32089279
what made you think OP and that guy are the same person?
>>
>>32089248
Why is it a cop out? This game is super gamey, nothing realistic about it at all. Why does that trigger you rather than monsters civilly taking turns hitting each other and almost never making any effort to avoid attacks, instantly obeying trainers who catch them, and not fucking dying when hit by goddamn meteors thrown by monsters 99 levels higher than them?
>>
>>32088871
It's not rape if they can't say no
>>
If they can just run a while while fainted, then why can't they run away when they're not?
>>
>>32089667
run away while*
>>
Pokeballs work by brainwashing the Pokemon into willful servitude, and the Pokemon has to be conscious for said brainwashing to work.
>>
>>32087721
>Why is it that you can't catch fainted pokemon?

Wild Pokemon shrink to microscopic levels when they faint. Duh. Don't you pay attention?
>>
>>32089667
Raikou, Entei and Suicune can run away even when inflicted with the Sleep status
>>
>>32089374
Actually it's rape if they can't say yes.
>>
>>32089344
this
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.