[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Genwunners: It's a dragon! (Edgyzard X makes sense!)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

File: 300px-Charizard_SSB4.png (83KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
300px-Charizard_SSB4.png
83KB, 300x300px
>Genwunners: It's a dragon! (Edgyzard X makes sense!)
>Unovabortions: It's a lizard! (Edgyzard X is unnatural and only exists for pandering purposes!)
>People who try too hard: It's a dinosaur!
>Shitposters: It's a bird!
>Extreme shitposters: It's a Flying!
>>
>>32085614
no way man, extreme shitposters would be "it's a fire!"
>>
>>32085614
Ah, ah! I want to touch Charizard's belly!
>>
File: 644Zekrom-Activated[1].png (1MB, 967x1280px) Image search: [Google]
644Zekrom-Activated[1].png
1MB, 967x1280px
Edgyzard X is a ripoff of Zekrom
>>
>>32087118
It's an improvement. Mega Zard X should've been the box Legend to rival Reshiram.
>>
>>32087144
>Reshiram: Blue-Eyes White Dragon - high stats
>Megazard X: Red-Eyes Black Dragon - lower stats but more potential, more scrawny and edgier/spikier design

>>32087118
But both are awesome
Fire/Dragon slapped onto the most iconic dragonlike Pokémon of all time is awesome
Thunder Dragon Darth Vader Who Actually Has A Backstory is also awesome
>>
>>32087158
Of all the reasons to like Zekrom, I would never consider the backstory to be one. In fact, that kind of makes it worse for me.
I love Zekrom, because it looked cool in BW, and while I HATE a few parts on it, overall, it looks good. But the backstory was retarded on many levels. I'd rather it have no backstory than what it was forced to be.
>>
>>32085614

People with taste: It's shit
>>
It's a Pokemon!
>>
>>32085614
>>Sane people: It's a dragon! (Edgyzard X makes sense!)
FTFY
>>
>>32085614
>>Extreme shitposters: It's a Flying!
that's factual though
>>
>>32087197
Yeah, learning that a legendary is literally half a man is kind of disappointing.
>>
Lizardon.
>>
>>32085614
>Shitposters: It's a bird!
How can it be a bird when it's an owl?
>>
Listen, it's a fire-breathing flying lizard. It's a dragon. It looks the most like a (Western) dragon.
>>
>>32087220
I mean, they claim that it's an animal called a "Flying"
>>
>>32087224

???

It was never stated to be "half a man".

What was stated was that there was originally one dragon, but then these two brothers started fighting so the dragon split into two, with Reshiram siding with the older brother who wanted a world of truth, and Zekrom siding with the younger brother who wanted a world of ideals.

And Kyurem is what was left when the dragon split.
>>
>>32087478
It is a flying (type pokemon).
>>
>>32087480
>It was never stated to be "half a man".
>there was originally one dragon
>so the dragon split into two
1/2.
I guess if you factor in Kyurem it's even less, but that's just making Zekrom even less than ahlf a man.
>>
>>32087480
They are alluding to the fact that Reshiram is it's other half. How is that confusing?
>>
>>32085614
me too thanks
>>
>>32085614
People who win leagues: BURASTO
>>
>>32087480
Wouldn't it make more sense for Reshiram to be ideals and Zekrom to be truth?
>>
File: Truth and Ideal.png (543KB, 1195x386px) Image search: [Google]
Truth and Ideal.png
543KB, 1195x386px
>>32087756

No
>>
File: Gen 5 Trio.jpg (75KB, 500x696px) Image search: [Google]
Gen 5 Trio.jpg
75KB, 500x696px
>>32087818
Well, their designs and typing speak differently. Reshiram looks very idealistic and "romanticized" with all of its long, flowing fur. Meanwhile, Zekrom is very plain looking and is pretty straightforward. Also, white is often times portrayed as being noble and virtuous, whereas black is more bleak and nihilistic. Also, while this is more of a stretch, fire is far more hot and spreads quickly (like ideals), whereas lightning is far more refined and straightforward, with no real leanings toward hot or cold (like truth.)
>>
>>32087940
Yes, and the entire theme of BW was not everything is just black and white. Sometimes things aren't as they appear on the surface.

It was THE most retarded bullshit when it came to N and other characters, but it fits the Legendaries.
>>
>>32087998
>It was THE most retarded bullshit when it came to N
No.
Especially since it was N who saw things as Black and White until he meets you.
>>
>>32088048
>I wish humans didn't exist
>Oh, he's just not as bad as he appears, not everything is black and white
No, it was retarded. Completely and totally retarded.
It seems too many people think that just having a theme is enough. It isn't. LITERALLY anyone can force a theme in their story. An actual 5 year old can. What makes those themes work is their execution. How they are handled. It was handled extremely shit in BW, with the story making no sense or just being stupid yet taking itself seriously to even more forward.
Fucking Lysandre and Maxie are handle the black and white theme better than N.
>>
>>32088092
>>Oh, he's just not as bad as he appears, not everything is black and white
You didn't even pay attention did you.
>>
>>32088110
Great argument. Completely changed my viewpoint.
I don't understand the point of replying if you're not going to say anything.
>>
>>32088123
I could go over N's entire backstory and why he changes his tune over the course of the game until he eventually sees through Ghetsis' abuse and betrays him but why would I bother when you're just going to gloss over all of it and just say it's about N being "not as bad"?

I mean just look at your previous post, you don't even address plot of the game in the slightest. What you do is just dance around the issue and ultimately call it shit with no analysis or reason.

Not to mention you said Maxie and Lysandre covered Black and White's theme which is absolutely wrong.
>>
>>32087998
As the anon you were replying to, you made a pretty solid point about the legendaries, so good job.
>>
>>32088165
>I could go over N's entire backstory and why he changes his tune over the course of the game until he eventually sees through Ghetsis' abuse and betrays him

What the actual fuck.
His "backstory" is literally just being picked up and being told a lie for a few years. The ONLY thing that happens during the entire game to him is the truth dancing in front of him. There's "over the course of game" here. He ignores it for the entire game, and after being beaten in the end, he finally accepts that it was a lie. That's absolutely shit.

>b-but muh denial
No, it's not denial. It's being retarded. If someone who's never seen the ocean being told it doesn't exist. If that person sees and takes a dive in the ocean, and still denies it because it goes against his belief, it's being retarded.

Instead of acting like literally all of N fans, and just saying "you wouldn't understand", explain it in a way that anyone would. But that's not possible. Because the more you look at him that more stupider he gets.
>>
>>32088165
>>32088265
Can you BURASUTO off? Make your own thread if you want to argue about the liberal faggot.
>>
>>32088265
>His "backstory" is literally just being picked up and being told a lie for a few years.
>these are the people who shitpost about BW
Nah man.
N was abandoned and raised by Pokemon until he was found by Ghetsis. After that Ghetsis kept him locked away from the outside world except for Pokemon that had been abused by humans.
Now, this caused N to believe unconditionally that everyone on the outside world treats Pokemon unfairly and that Plasma's goal of liberation was just which is where the Black and White theme comes in. To him there's literally only two types of people, abusers and Plasma who don't, the black and the white. Get it?

Over the course of the game he talks to you and your pokemon and sees that there are people who live with Pokemon peacefully and the Pokemon enjoy their time with the human but he still believes that the majority of people do it maliciously. To sum things up here you've introduced a third option to N but he doesn't put his hope in what's possibly a rare occurrence. I mean he literally says
>If every person and Pokémon cared about one another like you two do, I could watch over the future of people and Pokémon without having to liberate Pokémon from people who just use them."

Eventually that leads him to believing in you and the varying bonds people have with Pokemon because you manage to convince him.

>and just saying "you wouldn't understand"
Dude, you glossed over the entire story and went
>The fuck? There's nothing to it!
It's pretty clear that you don't know what the fuck you're talking about here. And this story is simple as balls.
It's pretty obvious you just mashed your way through it and assumed what happened based on memes and whatnot.
>>
>>32088656
Okay, let me quote my first line that you had problem with.

>It was THE most retarded bullshit when it came to N and other characters, but it fits the Legendaries.

See this? It says that it was retarded.
Now tell me. What's the point of your post, explain HOW the black and white theme was used, when I never denied its use in the first place. Let me quote another thing I said.

>It seems too many people think that just having a theme is enough. It isn't. LITERALLY anyone can force a theme in their story. An actual 5 year old can. What makes those themes work is their execution. How they are handled. It was handled extremely shit in BW, with the story making no sense or just being stupid yet taking itself seriously to even more forward.

Yes, it's simple as balls. But it's retarded. Completely and totally in many fucking ways. The entire backstory makes no sense, and is retarded on so many levels it's unbelievable. From finding N, to coming up with the plan of brainwashing a kid, to hoping the kid would never recognize the truth in front of him, and when he does, using that to signify do a title call and say not everything is black and white is retarded. That's just scratching the surface, only some of the retarded parts about JUST the backstory. The main story is retarded on a whole another level.
I'll repeat myself for the millionth time. Just having the theme is something LITERALLY anyone can achieve. It's the use of the theme that matters. The premise of N's character was retarded. His entire idea about "Plasma or Abusers" was retarded.
>>
>>32088794
Oh, so it's retarded just because you say it is.
Got it.

>The entire backstory makes no sense
What doesn't make sense about it exactly? The fact that children being abandoned isn't a topic Pokemon really touches upon or what?

>His entire idea about "Plasma or Abusers" was retarded.
How is it retarded if that's all he's ever known?
He was raised in complete isolation dude.
>>
>>32088794
>to hoping the kid would never recognize the truth in front of him
That's kind of how brainwashing works.
>>
>>32088832
>backstory
Let's start with him being abandoned part. Somehow, after being left out in the wild, he BEFRIENDED wild animals, the ones that attack you the second you step in grass. That doesn't make sense. Then he learned to TALK WITH FUCKING POKEMON by just living with them for a few years. There are people like Alder and Drayden who has lived with Pokemon for fucking half a century, and they can't talk Pokemon, but N can in just a few years. Someone living in wild wouldn't even understand the concept of language, but he not only understands this, he learned a language no one else can. That makes no sense, and is absolutely retarded. And that's assuming Pokemon have a universal language between themselves, something just as retarded, but I'll overlook this.

Then Ghetsis picking him up. Ghetsis came across N, a kid who can't even understand language, and came up with the plan to rule the region using this kid he knows nothing about. He adopted the kid, built a castle for him with magic money, made a whole organization and hired Ninjas for him, found the most abused Pokemon, the ones who've never SEEN a happy Trainer/Pokemon relationship even once in their entire life and gave those to N, told N that all Pokemon are abused and expected him to believe this, despite being able to TALK to Pokemon, learned about the existence and resting place of Unova's Gods, hoped those Gods would choose N to be their Hero based on NOTHING, and hoped N would become the strongest Trainer, stronger than the Champion, despite hating battles and having no experience with them. This entire setting makes no sense in any way. You cannot justify it in any way.

>Plasma or Abusers
Because it's not like he had no exposure to the world. He was taught how the world works. But he believed literally everyone besides Team Plasma is evil in a fully functioning society. That's stupid, in other words, "retarded".

>because you say it is
I didn't think I'd need to explain something so obvious.
>>
File: 1476133246086.jpg (328KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1476133246086.jpg
328KB, 700x700px
>>32089149
Anyway, going to sleep. If this thread is still up in 4-5 hours, I'll respond.

>inb4 brainwashed
Yeah, great excuse. I'm not asking for excuses though. I'm pointing out how the backstory makes no sense. Anyone can come up with some bullshit excuse to try to justify it. Doesn't make it any less stupid. That's my entire point. It makes no sense and is stupid. Retarded.

Sorry Zardfags, hijacked your thread with this bullshit. This thread had no point to begin with, but I wasn't planning to talk about BW here, at least. The other anon had a problem with what I said, which led to this argument. I'm just as much in wrong by replying, so have a cute image of Zard for all this.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.