[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just bought Sun today. I feel like I should catch em all in my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: sunbox.jpg (31KB, 300x268px) Image search: [Google]
sunbox.jpg
31KB, 300x268px
Just bought Sun today. I feel like I should catch em all in my other games before I start it. Is this reasonable? Or should I just move on and start this big quest after beating Sun?
>>
>>32079111
Just catch the ones you like and enjoy the game.
>>
>>32079111
Gotta catch em all man.

Also don't invest too heavily on your starter, which ever you chose. Both Litten and Popolio were astonishing letdowns, I can only assume Rowlet is just as awful.
>>
>>32082067
I played through SM three times (please don't ask), and all three times I boxed my starter without a second thought. Super disappointed with them this gen :/
>>
>>32082081
I only played through them twice, but my sister chose Decidueye, so I should ask her.

I found Serious Incinearoar to be all around bad, but how ever the fuck you get an intimidate one is beyond me. Fucking ModestPrimarina seemed to be very special based, but no fucking defense or speed to it's name, and it's HA, I can only describe as: "Okay, how is this useful?"

Did you box Decedueye during the run or can you give a generalization how that one felt in a fight?
>>
>>32082132
Not him but Decidueye is shit in combat, but carries the player through the Lurantis battle with peck as a dartrix/rowlet. Decidueye is actually more useful after the game, since it's an excellent Pokemon catcher. Good for catching shinies or high-IV SOS pokemon especially. Basically it's the "shit in battle, but has utility" pokemon.
Grass/Ghost, immune to powder moves/spore and also any trapping.
Gets false swipe and a lot of high PP moves.
Immune to normal and fighting attacks.
>>
>>32082175
I was really hoping Archery Owl would've saved this gen's starters from being undenyably the worst, but that's kinda dead.

As for the Lurantis battle, I just walked around with a Crobat. I mean if that's all in-game battle wise Owl's good at, I'm not missing much.

And the gen 6 starters were all so damn good too.
>>
>>32082204
Eeh, Delphox is terrible and Chesnaught is also pretty awful, especially without the HA. The only one that stands out is HA Greninja, and without protean he's pretty shit too.
I end up using the Owl a lot more, since I shiny hunt and SOS chain a lot compared to Primarina being better in battle (fairy), but eh.
As far as the starters go in power level or usability, it's
Primarina>Decidueye>Incineroar
>>
>>32079111
Play the game first, catching them all will probably leave you very tired of pokemon, so i would say play the game and after you're done you can just catch them all as to totally satisfy your need for pokemon.

>>32082067
>>32082081
i picked litten and i though that it did a pretty good job at the main game.

>>32082204
>And the gen 6 starters were all so damn good too.
i think 2 out of 3 are good, Delphox is just boring and bland looking.
>>
File: 1481896067115.png (136KB, 483x444px)
1481896067115.png
136KB, 483x444px
>>32079111
Play through Sun first. Honestly, Catching Them All if the ultimate goal, one you work on after you're done with everything else. Enjoy the games first. Work on that afterwards.
>>
>>32082081

Litten did really well for me. Not perfect, but some points really rewarded me for picking it (the trainer school Magnemite, Totem Lurantis, Acerola). The only major issue was that Torracat very quickly felt very frail, like the slightest hit would make it keel over.

>>32082233

Chesnaught was nothing short of fantastic ingame I found. Not great match ups, but effective against everything else, and I've used it twice. It's movepool early on is way better than Greninja's honestly, though Greninja becomes really good towards the very end when you get the good TMs like Dark Pulse and Ice Beam.
>>
>>32082067
Popplio is amazing for In-game though. Early game scald on a Pokémon with a lot of special attack is huge, it has great coverage, really good bulk and, while speed is not the best, it hardly matters since you are faster than most of the Alola mons anyway. Once it fully evolves and becomes Fairy it's even better, and it gets Moonblast just in time for the Elite 4. Haven't used the other two, but I'm pretty sure they are completely fine for an In-game playthrough.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.