[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think the next Pokemon game will be? Sinnoh remakes?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: ae7.png (621KB, 522x2048px) Image search: [Google]
ae7.png
621KB, 522x2048px
What do you think the next Pokemon game will be? Sinnoh remakes? A Kanto remake/sequel? Alola's third game/sequel?
>>
>>32078247
>third game
Anon, I have bad news...
>>
>>32078252
No, pretty much anything can happen after these last two gens. I'm not sure what will happen at all.
>>
That dawn looks pretty nice
>>
>>32078247
Hopefully a third version. SM are the first games of the generation but they're still on par with the upper tier games like Platinum, Emerald, and BW1. If they improve on it with a third version, it'll probably be the best game in the series.

Also Sinnoh and everything in DP are garbage
>>
BW0 because the new remake director decided he wants to save DP remakes for HD because it was their first vidya gaem and very special to them and Unova is more fitting for the Gen VII engine
>>
File: 182492.jpg (181KB, 1300x1000px) Image search: [Google]
182492.jpg
181KB, 1300x1000px
>>32078419
>Also Sinnoh and everything in DP are garbage
You take that back.
>>
>>32078419
Hoenn > Sinnoh >> Johto >= Kanto >>> Kalos > Alola >>>>>>>>>>>> Unova
>>
I feel like I'm the only person on this board who doesn't think gen 4 remakes will happen.
>>
>>32078817
Why wouldn't they? People who grew up with those games are becoming old enough to buy remakes out of nostalgia, but I can also see them going back to Kanto since normies would eat that shit up and Kanto references were everywhere in SM.
>>
>>32078419
please acquire some taste
>>
>>32078477
Source?
>>
>>32078622
Not that poster, but your image makes me want to double down on their statement.
>>
>>32078252
>Muh patterns
>>
>>32078759
Hoenn > Sinnoh > Unova > Johto > Kalos > Alola >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Kanto
>>

Legit do not get why so many people hate Sinnoh
>>
>>32083104
Hate might be a strong word, but it was definitely mediocre. This being the opinion of someone who only tried platinum.

Nice postgame, if I had to say one nice thing about it.
>>
>>32083104
Slowness, poorly designed region, and boring story. These are the main 3 problems, but there are a lot of other minor ones.
>>
>>32078252
Fuck off.
>>
>>32083094
>>32078759
Kanto>Johto>Hoenn>Kalos>Alola>Unova>Sinnoh
>>
File: 1486078482569.png (390KB, 400x518px) Image search: [Google]
1486078482569.png
390KB, 400x518px
>>32078477
>BW
I sincerely hope not after the abortion that was ORAS.
>>
>>32083104
I just beat Pearl a month ago. I was really surprised with the amount of content it had, it's LOADS more than XY and Sun & Moon had. However, the story is really weirdly structured, and the climax relies on build-up from before you climb Mt. Coronet instead of having its own build-up at Spear Pillar. Also, the climax is SUPER anti-climatic, since nothing really happens at all despite the game telling you the universe is about to end. Nobody really reacts to it either. The cutscenes up there are also really ugly. And you have like zero interaction with your two rivals, at all, so they feel like complete strangers even after beating the game. Oh, and the battles are sooooooooo slow. Having just beaten FireRed right before doing Pearl, it felt like an eternity went by in every battle.

So I guess the reason for the Sinnoh hate is the slowness, badly paced story, the horrible climax and the rivals, which overshadows the great amount of content that the games actually provide. The games are objectively good, and there's not many things wrong with them, however the things that ARE wrong with them are just so impactful that the bad overshadows the good completely.
>>
File: IMG_5863.jpg (93KB, 750x731px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5863.jpg
93KB, 750x731px
>>32084038
>liking kanto the most
>liking kanto at all
>>
>>32078247
I don't understand the point of this. At the moment, there's not enough evidence to be sure of anything. All you're doing in this thread is guessing blindly. What's the point?

>inb4 no fun allowed
I'm asking what's "fun" in this?
>>
>>32084152
I guess it's not so much about "fun" as it is just a thread to post your hopes for future games. It's an opinion thread, I think. "I hope we get remakes next", "I hope we get sequels next", "I hope we get yada yada yada next".
>>
Basically, this thread has summed up...

>DP SUCKS
>ORAS was halfassed
>Sales bullshit
>Game Freak is not the HGSS Game Freak
>Nostalgia Normies would eat it up
>[Insert "Region>Region"]
>DP is okay?

Personally, I liked Sinnoh, yeah, it dragged on a little, and the story wasn't as good as it was in Platinum, but Game Freak ovbiously put effort into it. Yeah, ORAS really fucking sucked in comparison to the originals(Emerald basically). But I think they could pull it off with the S/M engine.
As y'all're saying, it already sucked, so how much worse can the remakes be(famous last words)?

Plus you gotta admit the music was pretty damm dank
>>
>>32083094
>Kalos being better than Alola
>>
>>32083104

>slow as fuck everything
>too many HMs
>shit tier dex (in DP)
>too many legendaries and pre-evos/evos
>mostly bad Pokemon designs
>>
>>32078247
>A Kanto remake/sequel
both of those already exist.
>>
Its fucking Kanto. Did you even see the scene with Lillie's departure? It's pretty fucking clear to me that they've set up a Kanto sequel.
>Either we start in Alola and travel to Kanto later, or the exact opposite.
>Alola has to be present because there are many hints at revisiting it (empty plots of land, empty Temple, Necrozma is wild on the grass). There are three Type: Null. The third one has to be for a sequel/third game/whatever it is.
>Kanto mons are only obtainable through Poké Bank, whereas a game with both Kanto and Alola would allow the player to evolve Pokémon into either their Kanto or Alola forms freely, instead of locking them to Transfer Only.
>Dude on Maile Garden mentions Team Rocket, how they disbanded long ago, wonders what happened to them.
>"Hey, my mom's sick. I'm this really new recurrent character loved by GF, and I'm travelling to Kanto to visit this dude Bill that was once fused with a Pokémon, and I'm sure he'll be able to help. I'm sure we will meet again."
>>
>>32078247
Sinnoh remakes are the least likely of the three

>>32078419
On par with Emerald maybe, but that's it.

>>32085684
I think this too
>>
>remakes

S T O P
T
O
P
>>
>>32083673
The region is top-tier, both in terms of atmosphere and straight up level design. The 'slow' critique is valid but only applies to Diamond and Pearl.

>>32085639
Too many HMs applies to RSE too. Bad Pokemon designs isn't a legitimate critique. A valid argument would be too many of the new Pokemon are fodder (Wormadam and Kricketune are legitimately unusable, Carnivine is insanely difficult to get yet he's utter trash, Toxicroak has a laughable movepool and he can't even learn Drain Punch etc).

>>32084109
The story build-up/the game's use of rivals definitely felt weird. This is probably one of the biggest things Platinum fixed, aside from dex distribution and gameplay, just making the climax feel climactic.
>>
>>32085639
On the bright side, Ohmori obviously doesn't like HMs, so DP remakes would probably do something about that issue.
>>
i don't know, after gen5 the patterns got shifted from the usual; 2 version and third one with improvements

honestly i wouldn't mind seeing an improved S2M2, expanded and done properly, but like this anon said: >>32085684

there's a lot of set up for a new game in kanto, maybe at least, on how they're going to do that we don't know
>>
>>32078247
It's probably kanto.

I wouldn't really mind it if leaf and the johto gang were going to be it, but y'know HERP DERP MUH GENWUN IF IS WASN'T IN GENWUN THE NORMIES WON'T KNOW WHAT IT IS!!!111!!!!

So I don't have much hope.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.