[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What can you tell me about battling in the first two generations?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: Snorlax vs Rhydon.png (545KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
Snorlax vs Rhydon.png
545KB, 720x540px
What can you tell me about battling in the first two generations? Is it true what they say about Gen 1 being poker and Gen 2 being chess?
>>
>>32075611
No
>>
>>32075611
Pokemon Stadium 1 & 2 are all that you need to know. Download a ROM and play it.
The competitive was horrible back then.
>>
>>32075645
>playing stadium rules
pleb, cartridge or bust
>>
>>32075688
yeah, because the rules changed so much... oh wait
>>
Gen 2 is chess in that
a. you have one unit stronger than all the others
b. it's slow as fuck
>>
>>32075611
It was shit
>>
>>32075611
>Gen 1 being poker and Gen 2 being chess?
No, Gen 1 was more like two guys fighting, and both using a plank of wood with a nail in it.

Gen 2 was literally Waiting: The Game
>>
>>32075645
>plays 3v3 against the computer
>competitive sucked
Typical underage.
>>
Gen 1 was like playing basketball but if you get touched you have a 1/10 chance of being kicked out of the game permanently.

Gen 2 is Snorlax and his Electric legendary pals: The Meta.
>>
>>32076015
Why are Snorlax, Zapdos and Raikou that much better than the rest?
>>
>>32075871
>no arguments
Typical underage. Wait for someone to battle you in Gen2ou in showdown, or use or cartridge, after changing the battery and ask if people wanna battle using the Cable Link.
>>
>>32077973
>current year is more modern than 20 years ago
wew lad
>>
>>32078033
Are you gonna battle in gen2ou yes or no?
>>
>>32076399
Because Suicune and Skarmory existed.
>>
Gen 1 is chess in that in order to end a stale mate, you need to use strategic sacrifices to gain advantage. Packing plenty of mons with Explosion/SelfDestruct and knowing when to use them is key to victory.

Gentoo is like chess in that 1 piece is over powered but it is too risky to throw out there so people stall for 50 turns to position that piece in the perfect way.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.