[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

As much as I'd love to see a DiaPer remake, I honestly don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 4

As much as I'd love to see a DiaPer remake, I honestly don't think it's happening this generation. SM setup a whole plot about Lillie going to Kanto, and that can't possibly have been for nothing. This is pretty much the last change for a new Kanto game, and they're going to take it.
>>
The day that we get our fourth kanto revisit is the day that pokemon dies.
>>
They can do a new Kanto game whenever they want. That said, if we're revisiting an old region anytime soon, it should be Kanto, since it needs an update the most.
>>
>>32069179
It's gamefreak. Of course it's a meaningless addition.
>>
>>32069203
>Fourth
Unless you're counting remakes, we've only visited Kanto twice in the series. If you are counting remakes, this would be our fifth outing.
>>
>>32069203
How can it die when there are many fans who'd love another Kanto visit?

>>32069179
I agree actually. I want Sinnoh to be remade to. It's one of my favorites but I'd rather see an SM2 or Kanto revisit before it. I also want to know if it'll be on switch or 3DS
>>
>>32069179
I'll agree. I have been saying this since I finished the game, and FRLG are the most outdated games.

But at the same time, I doubt it. I don't think they had Lillie go to Kanto because they wanted to say "Hey, Lillie went to Kanto, so you should too!". That doesn't feel right. There's also SM protagonist, who just came from Kanto, so another set of Kanto protagonist will feel a bit overdone. There's also Johto and Ethan. Unless it's a FRLG REMAKE, telling Red's story, they'd have to make Johto and Ethan the Champion. I don't think they'd ever put a protagonist outside of the postgame.

Honestly, I'm not sure. They can make a third version, a SM sequel, Sinnoh remakes, or Kanto remakes/sequels. There's enough pointing in all directions. It can go anywhere. It's fun to predict and see if you predicted correct, but I wouldn't bet my money on anything.
>>
>>32069179
>SM setup a whole plot about Lillie going to Kanto, and that can't possibly have been for nothing.
dude XY had a lot of setup plot that could have been worked on the sequel but it never got one
>>
>>32069330
Only in your head canon
>>
>>32069282
>a third version, a SM sequel
These are what I think we'll get next. There's a few things left untouched, like Necrozma and Mohn, so I think it'll be a third version or sequel to SM.

Unless Ohmori is as retarded Masuda and says "We'll leave those up to player's imagination" and be done with it.
>>
>>32069179
I'd wish a Pokemon XD for Lillie's side story on Kanto. Not necessarily Lillie as a playable character but as a trainer you can travel and battle with just like some rival. Then GF can implement old mechanics.

It's a shame that Switch isn't an option for it.
>>
>Pokemon Z-Crystal
>remake of Crystal
Post yfw
>>
>20 years later
>old man is gone
>machamp is at vermillion city
>there's a new building.
Masuda will probably ruin it.
>>
File: IMG_2727.png (247KB, 468x519px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2727.png
247KB, 468x519px
>>32069474
>>
>>32069440
Ohmori proved himself to be even more retarded than Masuda already. Just compare ORAS to FRLG and SM to literally any other Pokemon game.
>>
>>32069457
>XD
>>
>>32069545
But S/M are top tier first games of a gen
>>
Considering you can still play DP on a 3DS and her overwhelmingly positive reception due to being set up as waifubait and SM's actual main character, we're definitely gonna see something that wraps up Lillie's (and Lusamine to an extent's) story.
>>
>>32069635
>still memeing about XD in 2k17
when will this meme die
>>
>>32069179
Then why was Cynthia the only champ they added to Battle Tree?
>>
>>32069693
>the literal worst Pokemon games are top tier in anything except sucking shit

You're just as bad for the series as the "Sonic 06 of Pokemon" faggot.
>>
>>32069179
>>32069203
>>32069208
>>32069211
>>32069214
>>32069282
>>32069440
>>32069457
>>32069330
>>32069475
>bill lives in johto
>lillie goes to kanto
what did they mean by this?
>>
>>32069883
Bill probably moved back at some point.
In other words, GameFreak wants to continue pretending Johto doesn't exist.
>>
>>32069891
hoenn and sinnoh probably doesn't exist either.
>>
>>32069903
As of right now, the only regions considered relevant enough to exist are Kanto, Kalos and Alola.
Kalos wouldn't even be there if not for Mega Evolution and Zygarde.
>>
>>32069911
kanto is like kamen rider gemn level x, it will never die.
>>
>not a Platinum remake then a Red and Blue sequel

Do you people even think sometimes
>>
>>32069545
ORAS was rushed. This is a pretty well known fact.

And SM may not be able to compare with for example BW2, but it certainly is the best first set of games.

>>32069846
xd yeah they're so FUCKING BAD even though they're the most recent and have the best gameplay so far

>>32070664
why the fuck would they make a platinum remake
>>
>>32071014
Because it would be better than a Diamond and Pearl remake.
>>
>>32069179
>Lillie in Kanto
Please no. Don't make kanto a long series of cutscenes about somebody that I could care less about.
>>
>>32071014
>but it certainly is the best first set of games.
>>all that cut content
>>that cut NATIONAL DEX
>>dead areas with nowhere to explore
>>hand holding via cutscenes

The fuck?
>>
>>32069179
Sure. Just like ORAS set up the Battle Frontier, right?
>>
>>32071050
>All of that
>It still the besfirst set of games
The fuck, indeed
>>
>>32069179
>SM setup a whole plot about Lillie going to Kanto, and that can't possibly have been for nothing.
I thought the point of it was to bring things full circle. At the beginning of the game, you started your journey as a trainer by moving to Alola from Kanto. At the end of the game, Lillie begins her journey by moving from Alola to Kanto.

I think the ending would have been the same regardless of which region they made your character come from (although Kanto has Bill, so they had a justification for it).
>>
>>32071252
...except Bill moved to Johto and probably never went back to Kanto.
>>
>>32071283
According to Lillie he's still in Kanto, so he must have moved back at some point.
>>
>>32071014
>why the fuck would they make a platinum remake
Looker
>>
>>32071014
>why the fuck would they make a platinum remake
muh frontier
>>
>>32071014
>best gameplay
>doubles are literal potatoes
>>
>>32069282
>>32069440
We'll never have direct sequels again: B2/W2 were the main series games which sold less in Pokémon history. GF don't care if they were good, they realized the "sequel" thing doesn't work.
And— We've not had a third version in 9 years. Will not happen again, because it holds the sells of paired games. Many people skipped Diamond/Pearl because they were waiting for third version— X/Y and OR/AS sold more because they clearly weren't going to have a third version (expecially OR/AS)
>>
>>32071476
No Wickie said this in the basement
>>
>>32069208
Only if Johto is playable otherwise no thanks.
>>
You know that Japanese kid ad with those kids in the end he went back to Japan.

In the games hau said he is going back to Kanto. To find his dad after the game ended
>>
>>32071821
Jotho was a mistake.
>>
>>32069179
>As much as I'd love to see a DiaPer remake, I honestly don't think it's happening this generation

No shit
>>
>>32071826

Hau hints more towards a sequel and not another Kanto game. He doesn't know where his dad is and said he's going to 'travel the world' with this Pokemon and maybe look for this dad, he doesn't say anything about his dad being in Kanto.

Why do you all want to go back to Kanto so bad? I personally am sick of Kanto and Gen 1, Sun/Moon were bad games to me and I think if they decided to make another Kanto game, something we've had in 3 games and then take another 2-3 years on that Kanto game, I'll probably be done with the franchise...

I'd personally want a DP remake or a S/M sequel to fix all the fuck ups they made on that.
>>
>>32069179
>DiaPer
Kill yourself cocksucker
>>
>>32069179
>DiaPer
>peArl
How can stupid can you be?
>>
File: 1489157533474.jpg (44KB, 504x477px) Image search: [Google]
1489157533474.jpg
44KB, 504x477px
>>32073409
>>32073420
>>
>>32071788
>We've not had a third version in 9 years
BW2 is literally just that.
A third version takes about a year, adds a couple of new areas, some additional content, while tweaking the story a bit. That's EXACTLY what BW2 does, just that instead of only tweaking the story, it took one extra year to give you a completely new story.

>B2/W2 were the main series games which sold less in Pokémon history
They sold more than Crystal, Emerald and Platinum. If it can achieve 5+ million sales and takes considerably less effort, there's no reason not to.
>>
>>32072980
He asked the character how far is kanto
>>
>>32072980
>Why do you all want to go back to Kanto so bad? I personally am sick of Kanto and Gen 1
Because I'm not. I have no real reason to be "sick of Kanto". My first playthrough in Kanto was fun, and Kanto was literally what made HGSS even a playable game. Since I had a good time playing Kanto games, I don't have a mental breakdown and scream like a dying ape every time it gets referenced. If I can have another Kanto game, one that could potentially fix my biggest problem with Kanto, the lack of a story, I would gladly take that.
>>
>>32071234
I'd put it on par with Diamond/Pearl.
>>
File: 1487978708575.gif (1MB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1487978708575.gif
1MB, 400x400px
>>32073506
>Takes about a year
>Diamond and Pearl came out in 2007
>Platinum in 2009
>>
>>32069846
Yeah okay, sure.
>>
>>32073642
Admittedly, I was wrong there. DP came out in 2006, and Platinum in 2008, exactly 2 years later. I should've looked it up before.

Looking it up, ALL of the third versions came 2 years after the original. So the third versions usually take about 2 years, not one. My bad.
But this just reinforces my point about BW2 being the same as third versions.
>>
>>32071050
>cut content is an argument
on what basis
>national dex cut
who cares
>muh hand holding
oh boo fucking hoo, it's a story game
>>
>>32073432
>it took this many posts for someone to make a DiaPer beam lol joke
smfh
>>
>>32073696
>>national dex cut
>who cares
Found the newfag
>>muh hand holding
>oh boo fucking hoo, it's a story game
>>story game
Ahahahaha.
>>
>>32073822
How am I a newfag? And implying it's not a story game
>>
>>32073696
>actually replying
We get approximately a billion posts like that everyday. Replying to one isn't going to change anything. You're not getting any points across. Just give it time.
>>
>>32072980
Because I love Kanto. Kanto was my first region, my 'home' if you will, and I'd like to see it updated to 3D. Also the possibility of a post-game 'Delta-episode' featuring Mewtwo and Mew (where you could actually catch Mew like you could Deoxys) would be amazing.
>>
They didnt set up shit. Lillie is going to Kanto to heal her mother and to symbolise the paralel universes that this game is all about. You were a new face from Kanto starting new journey inn Alola. Now Lillie is someone from Alola, going to Kanto to start her journeey on he own.

We dont need to see her adventures at all. It will be enough to show Lillie in th future when she is a trainer and that can happen in any region Johto, Hoenn, Sinoh, Unova, Kalos, Alola, gen 8 , whatever.
>>
>>32074105
Or Kanto
>>
>>32074119
Last year was Kanto 20th annivesary. If GF wanted to return to Kanto they would've done that last year. You dont celebrate big annivesaries with a year or two delays
>>
>>32074129
Anniversary doesn't mean shit. The last game was ORAS, due to popular demand. They're not going to release two remakes back to back, anniversary or not. It was also the franchise's anniversary, so a new game in a new style made just as much sense.

I've already said that I don't think we'll get Kanto remakes/sequels next, so I agree with you on that, but using the anniversary as some sort of proof we won't get Kanto is just retarded.
>>
>>32073506
>literally
that doesn't mean what you think it means.
>>
>>32074189
But it wasnt just some annivesary. Nintendo alwaysgoes big for the important annivesaries, look at Mario and Zelda. Besides the new Kanto game wouldnt have to be a remake, it coul be a new adventure with a twist. Going back to Kanto doesnt make sense anytime soon. In the future yes, sure but now it seems pointless.

My bet is either Alola 2 or gen 8 next year.
>>
>>32074235
>Nintendo alwaysgoes big for the important annivesaries, look at Mario and Zelda
This isn't Mario and Zelda. The only time an anniversary has mattered much was HGSS releasing 10 years after GS. That's it. Not the best track record in honoring the original on anniversaries.
Even if it wasn't a remake, it's still visiting another older region, twice in a row. No one wanted that. Especially for 20th anniversary.

>My bet is either Alola 2 or gen 8 next year.
I honestly don't care. I'm just saying using the fact we didn't visit two older regions in a row as evidence there won't be Kanto remake is retarded. And Gen 8? Really?
>>
>>32073547
>''overexposure is fine as long as i like it''
>>32074048
>'overexposure is fine because it makes me nostalgic''
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.