[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are people saying its easier than ever to get shiny pokemon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 16

Why are people saying its easier than ever to get shiny pokemon in sun and moon? I gathered up 8 shiny bidoofs yesterday in platinum within a couple hours... all but one with an adamant or jolly nature.
>>
cheating isn't condoned here
>>
>>32066385
SOS calls for legit players or even easier to cheat/hack/inject whatever pokemon you want than ever
>>
>>32066415
it's called Cute Charm you cuck
>>
>>32066504
how many innocent RNGs did you abuse to get this to work you fiend
I'm calling the cops right now
>>
>>32066504

Now try to get shinies without RNG abuse
>>
>>32066415
couldnt you RNG abouse in Sun and Moon too?
>>
>>32066385
I chained to get them, encountered 50 bidoofs by watching the way the grass shook, and looking for the shiny patches. It was easy.
>>
>>32066977
>>
>>32066990
I dont know much about rng abuse either, never tried it...
>>
>>32066977
also as op this and the last three replies were my only posts, I dont post often
>>
>>32066495
Also I guess Im just talking about doing it legitimately, i got 8 bidoofs in a couple hours without rng or hacking... Id do the sos in moon or masuda method fo eggs and it would take forever.. for the hundreds of hours i put into sun in moon I have maybe 10 shiny pokemon, in platinum ive clocked in at about 90 hours and I have 60 shiny pokemon (a lot are doubles)
>>
I spent dozens of hours trying to do Radar chains in Gen IV back in the day and never got results, Masuda method in XY and SM has been much more consistent in my personal experience and would actually result in usable Pokemon to boot.
>>
>>32067128
Once you get the hang of radar chaining its really rewarding... if you can get the chain to 40 then you can get multiples really easy. But it can be really frustrating cause the differences in grass shakes are subtle. Bidoof or anything on the first route has got to be the easiest. Pic unrelated
>>
Here again, 37 chain I started a little bit ago. Ill have even more shiny bidoofs, english ones this time though.
>>
>>32067317
>>
>>32067352
>>
>>32067102
Okay but 7 of the bidoofs are completely useless, not to mention the rest of the doubles you've got. You're wasting you're time either way. Put those shiny bidoofs out on wonder trade and the receiver would probably roll their eyes.
>>
>>32067317
>I'll have even more shiny bidoofs
What's the fucking point lol
>>
>>32067417
Im building multile teams of shiny bidoofs to use in tournaments, why else? Heres my third on this chain.
>>
>>32067417
youre wasting your time by telling me Im wasting my time. I need to do this.
>>
Another bidoof. Number 4 for the day. So that makes...14 in total, not including a time I didnt save after cathcing 6 bidoofs and a couple bunearys.
>>
>>32067425
Cause he's a Bidoofus
Also autistic
>>
Ah so I guess this is where the bidoof memes come from
>>
Heres another bidoof,
>>
how the fuck you getting so many shiny Bidooves? can't be just pokeradar, that shit's hell incarnate
>>
Just the pokeradar. Its very accurate, pretty sure any time Ive messed up a chain has been because I lost focus or slipped.
>>
Ive got a couple hundred of shiny pokemon in x y, ruby and saphire, most all of them have ideal natures as well
>>
But my point was that in 480 hours in pokemon moon I only got about 10 pokemon, granted not all that time was spent actually pursuing them, while in daimond pearl platinum ive spent about 200 hours combined and i have well over a hundred differnt shiny pokemon. I guess my point was I think its easier in dpp to get shiny pokemon.
>>
>>32066653
I think the pictures should let you folks know Im not talking about rng here
>>
>>32068112
Breeding in gen 7 is a lot easier and gets better results. It's slower if you're just looking to get a shiny, but it's still decently fast and allows you to get competitive ones more easily.
>masuda method still exists
>overall shiny rate doubled
>another multiplier from shiny charm
>breeding mechanics (e.g. everstone, balltism, destiny knot) allow you to get good pokemon with specific nature/ball and probably good ivs/ability
>breeding is mindless so you don't have to worry about breaking your chain
Why wouldn't you? Really the only issue is getting a decent foreign ditto for masuda, but actual online trade is a thing now, you'll probably find something on the internet (or just get a hacked one if you're not above doing that)

If you're just looking for fast shinies, I'm pretty sure xy is faster (chain fishing is stupid fast but only gets you fish, pokeradar still exists, friend safari is also pretty fast and gives you 3IVs with a chance of HA, has the doubled overall shiny rate+shiny charm for other activities)
>>
>>32068175
Yeah Ive done all the methods and for me pokeradar has always been quickest.
>>
I honestly want to know how you chain for shinies that easily, since I tried chaining Smeargle in Platinum a few months ago and couldn't get past 25
>>
>>32068334
Ive just done it a lot. count how many shakes the grass patch will make to how long the sound of the jingle plays when you reset the pokeradar. i guess its not always the quickest since Ive seen almost instant results on chain fishing etc.. but it seems like it can be pretty efficient if youve got a whole mess of synchronizers, ive got the entire nidoking and queen line of evolutions in a few hours and a ton of evolution lines, pretty much everything I wanted with a specific nature has the nature as well. But yeah when I was trying to use masuda method for mareanies in sun and moon it took well over 2000 eggs with the shiny charm it took days. I havent tried swap breeding yet though... but now i dont need to, I pretty much have all the shiny pokemon I want for now... Ill get the tapu guys from japan and all that
>>
>>32068334
I bet if you try again and watch videos online you could figure it out, just need to pay close attention and accept your going to fail a few times
>>
>>32068290
>my way is the only way
Not to mention most people just don't like gen 4 in general or the fact that you can't get any newer pokemon. Just because you like having a shiny bidoof army doesn't mean everyone does
>>
>>32066385
OP, I need your help
So I decided to chain Starly as my first chain (same probability as Bidoof) but my chain breaks all the time and I'm sure I did everything right. Any tips?
>>
>Not playing SM the best pokemon games.
>>
>>32066385
Because SOS chaining is easy and obtaining the shiny charm is also easy to help with it. Pokeradar is also very difficult for most people, although gen 4's pokeradar is infinitely more forgiving than gen 6's nightmare of a radar. It boils down to ease of learning and mastering it, and SOS chaining is incredibly easy to just pick up and do if you have some Leppa berries, while radar needs tutorials and a fair bit of practice for most people.
>>32070341
I agree with the games quality, but you're just aching for that b8 (You) so have at it.
>>
>>32070306
Yeah the patch of grass needs to be the exact same type of shaking and it needs to shake for the exact same amount of time as the patch before it did, always go for the patch that is furthest away and not on the edge of the grass patch. The best thing you could do is look up a more in depth guide though, something with video and pictures... Id be into making a video guide but dont have much of a set up, and there are many out there Im sure. But more than anything you have to be patient and focused, I think its pretty fun
>>
>>32070341
I play sun and moon also, I play it everyday just about, but I still like the older games. Just decided to collect a ton of bidoofs, I enjoy chaining
>>
>>32066990
>extending a chain over 40

dum dum you just keep resetting when you hit 40
>>
>>32072682
Only in x and y, the high rate stays in daimond pearl and platinum. As long as the chain keeps going you can keep looking for shiny patches. Ive gotten another shiny patch right after a shiny patch just yesterday even
>>
>>32074677
I got something like 8 shiny eevees this way and it didnt take very long
>>
>>32066385
Maybe you can shed some light on an issue I'm having. I'm good at pokeradaring in gen IV but one thing keeps messing me up.
Every once in a while my chain will break even though it's the same pokemon I'm hunting for. This happened 5 times with wurmple.
I go into the correct shaking grass, 4 spaces away, it's a wurmple, but my chain breaks. The fucks up with that?
>>
>>32075090
Maybe you forgot to use a repel before entering? Or if its on the edge of the grass patch that will also break the chain. The grass patch needs to be surrounded by eight other grass patches... so the next pokemon has at least one to spawn in
>>
>>32075113
its also possible your pokemon at the lead isnt high enough level or strong enough for repel to be effective
>>
>>32075113
Always use repels and never step in grass on the edges. Even if I was in a patch of grass that was unlikely to spawn 1 out of 4 patches, the chain wouldn't end till I tried the radar again.
I see the wurmple disappear from the poketch when I walk in the grass as if I'd run into a different pokemon.

>>32075130
It's a wurmple and I'm in the 50s so I don't think that's the problem.

All good points though.
And I've had this issue with other chains besides wurmple btw.
>>
>>32066415

Shut up, moralfag.
>>
File: 14453526565790.jpg (7KB, 250x241px) Image search: [Google]
14453526565790.jpg
7KB, 250x241px
>Having the patience to chain for this long

I guess that's my problem. I was here to bash your bidoof autism but appreciate the tips on radar chaining. Guides online are so fucking vague or unclear it's not even funny. Someone who knows a damn thing for once is a much better resource.
>>
File: larvitar shiny.png (2MB, 1328x747px) Image search: [Google]
larvitar shiny.png
2MB, 1328x747px
>>32075147
another unlikely factor is swapping patch types. though they have subtle differences, if you swap between low-shake and high-shake patches you're also more likely to break the chain.

>t.chainfag
>>
>>32075199
Even if I did step in the wrong patch, if it's the same pokemon it shouldn't matter right?
I've accidentally stepped in 3 spaces and even non sparkly patches before, but occasionally I'll be lucky and it's the same pokemon so the chain doesn't break.
I'm surprised no one else has had this problem. It happens to me 10% of the time.
>>
Sometimes you can pick the grass type and it shakes like the one youre looking for but it will shake for a fraction of a second less. But yeah its easy to forget to use a repel since they made it automatic in x and y, then get in the grass youre supposed to go in while getting the pokemon you are looking for but not the specific one that was assigned to the grass, i guess a random encounter will break it even if it was the pokemon you were chaining. Thats the only thing I can think of... But also theres not much of a point to go past 40 unless anything after 40 is a shiny thats when the higher odds cap off. on my bidoof chain the other day I got a shiny bidoof on 39 which was awesome luck but it happens from time to time a lot sooner than 40
>>
>>32075503
I know what you mean by the grasses only having the slightest bit of difference, I try to pay attention to that. But I'm definitely not getting RE's, I know that much.
I would like to mention that this happens more often in the trophy garden, but I swear that place is rigged. Didn't stop me from getting 5 pichus and eevees though.
>>
File: Laughting Whores.png (490KB, 449x401px) Image search: [Google]
Laughting Whores.png
490KB, 449x401px
>she doesnt use 8F for maximus shinyness
>>
>>32075627
Nice, yeah it can be tough there too.. I think it has something to do with the low encounter rate of the pokemon youre look for in there as well.
>>
>>32075639
Explain how to use the 8f once you get it and how to set shiny values etc?
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.