[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Beautiful open world Zelda >Beautiful open world Mario

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 8

File: 93029-bundle_color_console.jpg (119KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
93029-bundle_color_console.jpg
119KB, 1200x800px
>Beautiful open world Zelda
>Beautiful open world Mario
>Beautiful open world ____

you know what goes there. think they have the guts?
>>
>>32062745
>he thinks Odyssey is going to be open world
You're going to get your spiritual sequel to 64 and you'll like it.
>>
>>32062745
>Beautiful open world True Capitalist Radio
Roaming wheelchair hambone when?
>>
Mario Odyssey isn't Open World it's just 64/Sunshine style on a slightly bigger scale because of the better technology.

Plus Game Freak is too incompetent to do Open World pokemon with proper level scaling.
>>
>>32062745
They should. The concepts of open-world design and Pokemon seem like a match made in heaven.
>>
File: 1467026116823.gif (15KB, 320x288px) Image search: [Google]
1467026116823.gif
15KB, 320x288px
>>32062745
>spiritual sequel to 64
I'm ok with this.
>>
>>32062775
>>32062754
>>
>>32062775
Mario 64 is thee best game ever made
And sunshine is, my favorite
>>
>>32062754
>>32062761
Oh, my bad. But it's still relatively open and big compared to the more linear games.
>>
>>32062745
>graphics>gameplay
>empty
>the system cant handle it
SM is already pretty much an open world game
>>
>>32062745
What, for a beautiful open world Dragon Quest game? I thought they were already making that.
>>
>>32062795
They are but its infinitely better on the ps4 and even on the vita
>>
>open world yoshi game on switch
>>
>>32062785
>sun and moon are basically open world
8/10 good bait, made me angry.
>>
>>32062829
>even on the vita
>vita
I wasn't aware that there were any Dragon Quest games for the Vita, at least not main series ones. I know that XI is coming out for PS4, 3DS, and Switch
>>
Nah open world Star Fox would be hard
>>
>>32062890
what is adventures
>>
>>32062890
>Open world Star Fox
>It's just No Man's Sky
>>
>>32062745
It is called Pokemon Go.
>>
>all these incorrect answers

No wonder you failed college. The correct answer is Animal Crossing. You know it would be glorious
>>
>>32062770
Not really. Having an open world greatly benefits games where the heart of the game is exploration (like Zelda). The heart of Pokemon's gameplay is the battle system. The structure of the game itself has always been fairly gated (especially in the more recent games).
>>
>He fell for the open world meme
>>
>>32062745
They can't even handle making 3DS games. An open world game by GF would be a complete trainwreck. They'd either rush it out a mess or they'd take like 15 years and it's mediocre .
>>
File: 1472359566239.jpg (575KB, 1000x714px) Image search: [Google]
1472359566239.jpg
575KB, 1000x714px
>>32062963
I think you're mostly right, but I've personally enjoyed exploring the region's as much as I've enjoyed the battle system.

I think an open-world sequel to Pokemon Snap with light survival elements would be orgasmic.
>>
>>32063078
>Open world Pokemon Snap with light survival elements
Basically Breath of the Wild once you get the camera
>>
>>32062745

F-zero
>>
>>32062922

A game that should've been left alone and allowed to develop into what it was goin to be.
>>
>>32062954
Except now we have to pay to play online and that's a major component to Animal Crossing.
>>
>>32062954
>Animal Crossing

Not after the failure of Amiibo Festival, all you're getting now is shitty mobile games.
>>
>>32063078
Another thing open-world games need is other strong gameplay mechanics. An open world should just be a feature of the game, not the entire selling point. For example, BotW has shrines/dungeons and combat as well as it's open-world/survival aspects. Just taking pictures of Pokemon isn't really interesting enough to make a whole open-world game about it. The on-rails style of Pokemon Snap made it like an arcade game, which gave it replayability. If they made an open-world Pokemon game, taking pictures would just have to be one of the features rather than being the focus of the entire game. Also it would have to be a spin-off because the current format of the mainline Pokemon games really wouldn't work in an open world.
>>
>>32062745

Metroid could work for the Open World meme.

Does anyone at Nintendo have the balls to try it though?
>>
>>32063137
>one spin-off wildly unlike mainline that was shit on from the second it was revealed flopped so a new mainline title will never happen even though the most recent mainline title is the most successful title in the series and the other spin-off still sold millions

You're literally retarded.

>>32062954
The only correct answer.
>>
I think they have the balls to do a beautiful open world Nintendogs
>>
File: 300px-Genius_Sonority_Logo.png (15KB, 300x81px) Image search: [Google]
300px-Genius_Sonority_Logo.png
15KB, 300x81px
>start up new Pokemon game on the Switch
>see this logo

wat do
>>
>>32063137
>im
>fucking
>plying
just like with pokemon after hey you pikachu failed, right?
>>
>>32063222
The entire appeal of Metroid comes from its tight level design. An open world game would completely undo everything the series stands for.
>>
>>32063251
Have a good time
>>
>>32063251

Cautious Optimism
>>
POKEMON ISN'T NINTENDO. I don't understand how people keeping it ism

Nintendo has no control over game freak creativity of the franchise. Pokemon is still king in sales.
>>
>>32063222
Metroid has always kind of been Open World in its own way, even from the start.
>>
>>32063290
"Open world" means that every area in the game is connected from all angles. In other words, different areas of the game don't have set entry/exit points. Metroid and the early 3D Zelda games aren't open world because of this.
>>
File: 1478687623182.jpg (228KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1478687623182.jpg
228KB, 1280x720px
>>32062963
I don't agree.

The spirit of Pokemon is monster collection. Tajiri loved to collect insects and that was the main inspiration for the games. The first games were even marketed with the slogan "Gotta catch 'em all".
How you catch them all, it's up to you. You need to explore every nook and cranny, and talk to friends which have the complementary version in order to complete your Pokédex.

I think Pokemon games would greatly benefit of an open world approach as it would be much more immersive and interactive, as you can finally see first-hand how Pokemon and environment interact. But wild Pokemon battle mechanics would need to change a lot. You can't keep interrupting the overworld experience whenever you find a wild Pokemon, so all the catching must be on the overworld. Trainer battles can be the same, as it's a more controlled environment.

Game Freak is not known for making bold decisions to change their formulae. I'm sure they don't overexert themselves as they fear future games would be overshadowed by the current ones. So I don't think they will ever implement open world.
>>
>>32063524
Trading and collecting all the Pokemon is entirely optional in every game, but it is impossible to beat the game without experiencing many Pokemon battles. If you ignore stuff like breeding or optional areas, then a player will spend a sizeable amount of their play-time in battle. The inspiration of the game is irrelevant. Popeye was the inspiration for Donkey Kong, it doesn't mean that DK's love-life is the spirit of Donkey Kong.

Also what you described is not a mainline Pokemon game. Game Freak have spent years tweaking their battle system so they're not going to completely scrap it for a real-time battle system. For an open-world Pokemon game to work, it would have to be a spin-off with a completely different setting and mechanics.
>>
>>32062745
>>Beautiful open world Zelda
Wii U transplant

Also, Odyssey is just going to be multiple hubs accessed by a hatship
>>
>>32062775
That's not what spiritual sequel means, you jackass.
>>
>>32063774
>being this mad
>>
>>32062745
>Beautiful open world Metroid
OMFG YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
>>
>>32062745
>>Beautiful open world Zelda
That's a Wii U game though, it just got a port on this thing.
>>
>>32063976
you have it backwards
>>
>>32063137
I know failure to sell units generally means disaster for Nintendo franchises, and that Nintendo can't learn from mistakes gracefully (see recent treatment of Metroid) but something went right with Amiibo Festival tanking, cause it brought us to the biggest content patch Nintendo has ever put out with Welcom Amiibo.
>>
>>32063984
Is that why your character is constantly lugging around a Wii U pad in the game? lol
>>
>>32062745
Pikmin?
Kirby?
Metroid?
Star fox?
Fire emblem?

Literally anything that isn't Pokémon because GF doesn't like giving us what we want and even if they did they would fuck up?
>>
>>32063969
It's 4 person multiplayer and Samus is never even mentioned :^)
>>
>>32063996
the wii u gamepad was a protoype for the switch
you are also out of your fucking mind if you think nintendo is still going to be supporting the wii u by the time the DLC is released
>>
Open world Kirby would make me cum. Exploring, and eventually memorizing the City Trial map in Kirby Air Ride was fun enough, and that was very small compared to a map like Breath of the Wild.
>>
>>32064020
I think they are done making new Wii U titles, yeah. But the DLC is probably the last thing the Wii U will get.
Regardless, it was clearly developed for the Wii U. The game hardly even takes advantage of the Switch hardware, as the increase in performance is negligible. If it was actually developed in the Switch it would probably run much better.
>>
Donkey Kong? I wish.
I'm an old DK Viner.
>>
>>32062760
GET EM OFF ENGINEER!
>>
File: SWITVCH GAME.png (247KB, 318x480px) Image search: [Google]
SWITVCH GAME.png
247KB, 318x480px
>Starter town in the center of the world
>Choose whichever direction to go to challenge gyms
>All gyms levels scale accordingly making them challengable in any order
>Certain areas locked until acquiring ride Pokemon through side quests
>Tall grass looks similar to BoTW, water works the same as regular games, as does caves
>All Pokemon are ride mons, you aquire different saddles through quests/progression
>>
File: pokemon-sun-moon-hd-battle[1].png (530KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon-sun-moon-hd-battle[1].png
530KB, 1000x600px
>>32062745
If the Switch gets Pokémon any time soon, it'll just be Stars running the Sun & Moon engine with the resolution increased, like what Citra does.
>>
All the people shitting on game freak because they think that make fucking open world its more difficult than a linear one.
What the fucking kek.
Only need to contract 3000 chineses to make a fucking background with renderized things and clouds in movement , a model of a few characters and ta da! Even minecraft did it.
>>
>>32062745
Beautiful open world not Pokemon.
>>>/v/
>>
>odyssey
>beautiful
that main city was kind of shit and you know it.
>>
>>32064976
Holy fuck you're legit retarded if that's the only thing that goes into open world games
>>
>>32064976
Also, we want now a open world but if we will get it, all the people will be saying things like "oh no this isn't pokemon", " we need to return to the old format" and things like that, and the franchise will lose his essence. True story. I'm a fanatic of Final Fantasy and i know of what i'm talking (more or less).
>>
>>32064991
Make a open world it's pretty easy, make a good one it's other story.
>>
>>32064791
>That screenshot
Where are the outlines?
>>
>>32065018
They're removable with CFW or Citra
>>
Why would you want an open world Pokemon game? Taking the structure out of it would make the battles within it far more meaningless and ultimately developing into far more boring games than the last ones we have as is. So yeah, not a good idea at all.
>>
>>32062745
>Beautiful open world Donkey Kong
>Featuring the return of King K. Rool
>>
File: iTAPckh.jpg (130KB, 1278x719px) Image search: [Google]
iTAPckh.jpg
130KB, 1278x719px
>>32063774
It's in the same category as 64.

>tfw Miyamoto said that Odyssey will appeal to hardcore Mario fans since Run is catered for casuals
That game is going to be great.
>>
>>32063251
Oh boy best switch game incoming
>>
>>32062745
>Beautiful open world Pokémon

But still no postgame, also Ryan Rosling dies in Lalaland
>>
>>32064781
>All Pokemon are ride mons
How does this work with things like Joltik or Diglett?
>>
>>32062745
But Metroid is dead.
>>
>>32062745
What they need to do is
>integrate pokemon go geo-location system with switch handheld using mobile gps
>remap the in-game world to physical locations such that the starting town is your house/apartment, first pokeball shop town is your nearest convenience store, first gym is your nearest training center
So I boot up the game, choose to be a black loli, then walk down my road which is now route 1 to capture ratata by the bus stop, then return back home to get praise from the proffessor.
>>
>>32066003
just because you didn't like federation force doesn't mean the franchise is dead
>>
>>32066263
yes, i would love fat people to die trying to catch shinys
>>
>>32062745
Animal Crossing...?
>>
>>32065018
newfag detected
>>
>>32062745
>Ugly open world ____
ftfy
>>
>>32067213
>muh sour grapes
Thread posts: 82
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.