[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just beat this. What does everyone here think of it? I'd

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: pokemon sun.jpg (669KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon sun.jpg
669KB, 2000x1000px
Just beat this. What does everyone here think of it? I'd say it's at the very least better than X/Y.
>>
>>32058429
I liked it. Not as good as HGSS or BW2 imo, but they are the first games in gen 7 so you have to give the benefit of the doubt
>>
>>32058498
Pretty much this.
Better than XY but still pure ass compared to what we know GF is capable of.
>>
Battle tree is pretty cool
>>
lots of surprisingly special moments. great atmosphere and attention to detail. the difficulty curve was better than usual. some of the characters were pretty great. the plot was pretty good. some of the new features were really convenient, while others were a bit clunky, and some seem half baked. the new pokemon were well designed but somewhat low in number and lacking in variety. quite linear. not a huge amount of post-game.

way too many cutscenes. the cutscenes were very long, boring, and unskippable. this was easily the biggest issue and it was weirdly obvious from the start to the end.

overall, like all new pokemon games, they somehow got a lot of things right for the first time while also messing up things which they have never gotten wrong before.
>>
>>32058429
Best first installment after Red and Blue/Green.
That isn't saying much considering the second installments are the best games in a gen most of the time, but that's what I think about these games.
>>
Least favorite entry, didn't think BW1 could be dethroned, but it was. I hope whatever's next for Gen VII can salvage it into something that's more than "sufficient" like BW2 miraculously did, but I have even less hope for that from the base of SM than I did BW1.

Really wish we just got Z last year since XY had some really clear points they could've expanded or improved on to make it really great.
>>
File: moon.jpg (773KB, 1000x1800px) Image search: [Google]
moon.jpg
773KB, 1000x1800px
>>32058429
Makes my top three along with Yellow and Emerald, knocking Platinum off the third spot something I really did not expect going in.
They were the fresh start that just didn't work out in VI and VII. Then if "Star" gives them something close to an Emerald size boost I think we'll all be very happy.
>>
>>32058562
>Best first installment after Red and Blue/Green.
B/W wasn't good enough? Probably the next "first installment" they gave a damn innovative-wise.
>>
>>32058871
It was good, but I think S/M were better than B/W. It's my opinion anyways.
>>
Definitely best first games of a generation. Even though we know what the 6th gen was like, I'm still excited for the D/P remakes.
>>
File: BTFO BTFO BTFO BTFO BTFO.png (144KB, 1919x492px) Image search: [Google]
BTFO BTFO BTFO BTFO BTFO.png
144KB, 1919x492px
>>32058498
>>32058560
>>32058562
>>32058669
>>32058881
>>32058886
Reminder.
>>
>>32058429
best game ever, this thread is now close
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.