[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nova Sun/Umbra Moon thread >Trailer https://www.youtube.c

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 7

File: Nova Logo.png (1MB, 2746x1426px) Image search: [Google]
Nova Logo.png
1MB, 2746x1426px
Nova Sun/Umbra Moon thread
>Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6vpz8i7nAY
>Info
https://gbatemp.net/threads/462295/
>Download
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1HpAgxGQiDT9mW6mTtS6MAKQpsQGGG-Q_wtLeXjd-Ty0

I just got destroyed by Nanu. How's everyone doing in the hack?
>>
File: alola champions.webm (629KB, 474x576px) Image search: [Google]
alola champions.webm
629KB, 474x576px
Beat the E4 last night, guess all I have left to do is beat Red? Clocked in at ~55 hours.
Biggest complaints
1) early game is a chore at times cause you just don't have the tools to deal with a lot of things, which is really frustrating. I get its supposed to be hard but at times it felt genuinely unfair, and that's no fun. And 2) AI is pretty stupid at times, although I don't know how much you can do about that in a romhack. Oh, and totems were all hella easy too. I imagine this is largely in part to already knowing what to expect; my first playthrough of vanilla Moon I had trouble on a few them. Still, a little disappointing in that regard.

I like the team I ended up with. Meganium was just tossed on there for a grass type but it definitely ended up being the backbone. Lycanroc is now one of my favorite gen7 mons. And I think I mentioned this in a previous thread but Z-Conversion is too good, swept the majority of the E4 with it. And sometimes it seemed like the AI bugged out about the type changing, but it wasn't consistent so idk

All in all I had fun, still don't really like Sun/Moon though and I doubt I will be playing through them again, romhack or no.
>>
Just got through the Hala fight. Glad I took the advice not to nuzlocke this.
>>
>>32052735
Did you actually catch those shinies in your playthrough??
>>
>>32053305
No, Marowak's from my Moon version. Didn't really get a chance to use it before this since I had already beat the game when I caught it

Gallade wasn't shiny until today, I just wanted to see what the Mega looked like
>>
>>32052739
why would you nuzlocke a rom hack that was made to be challenging, the main purpose of a nuzlocke is to make the game more challenging.
>>
>>32053397
Did the Marowak's refusal to follow commands get on your nerves or did you hack it to match your OT in the hack?
>>32053425
I didn't nuzlocke it.
>>
>playing shitty difficulty hacks
>>
>>32053429
I made it match OT, mainly because the boosted experience gets out of hand, even with the way exp scales.
I tried using a traded Croconaw in Star Sapphire a while back, and I thought it was kind of funny how it was so strong but refused to listen most of the time, felt like that gave it some personality. But I did eventually have to get rid of it.
>>
Is everyone in this hack ev-trained?
>>
>>32054492
Enemy trainers get more and more EVs as the game goes on. Early game they don't have many but the curve roughly keeps pace with your own EVs (and the EVs are spread around, very few trainers have 252/252/4 spreads even lategame)
>>
>>32054543
I wish I could say the same about movesets
>>
File: 1489026476215.png (35KB, 130x132px) Image search: [Google]
1489026476215.png
35KB, 130x132px
I'm on Akala, on my way to the ruins after getting to konikoni city and I'm at my wit's end with this hack.
It's so hard as to feel genuinely bullshit and unfair, and I'm clearly just not dedicated enough to tedious shit like EV training (I did EV train a few of my pokemon but it's made fuck all of a difference) and getting large parts of my team swept by most trainers. Fuck every single team skull fight.
>>
>>32054884
What's your team?
>>
>>32052331
>"Rare pokemon appear more frequently!"

Then it's not rare. What's the fucking point?
>>
>>32054884
salazzle, mudsdale, toucannon, a-muk, trevenant, vikavolt
I started on levelled build and moved on to the expanded one in the hopes of making it less difficult but all of the pokemon I want right now are either on Ula'ula or like route 2
>>
>>32055263
No pokemon is rare once you've breeded a billion of them for IVs
>>
>>32055263
The point is you can play through the game and enjoy pokemon like Mimikyu instead of spending three hours in the grass going for a 5% encounter.
>>
>>32055275
If you're managing to lose with a Mudsdale on your team, you probably shouldn't be playing a hardmode hack
>>
>>32055284
It's more than possible when pretty much everyone has perfect coverage, an extremely obnoxious stall set, bulk and set up, or raw fuckery power.
>>
>>32052331
I just made it to lush jungle. So far almost everything has been destroyed by Vikavolt or stalled out by Milotic; I bred Haze onto it and it's been ridiculously useful. It made all the Baton Pass and Shell Smash teams trivial, and the early Scald TM right where you catch Feebas just makes it even better.
>>
>>32055616
It's most likely because Alola mons are shit and slow.
>>
>>32055738
I definitely need to pick up more non-alola 'mons but i'm at an inconvenient point where i have a shit team and no good alternatives immediately available without amounts of training i'd rather avoid
>>
File: .png (20KB, 192x178px) Image search: [Google]
.png
20KB, 192x178px
>the skull grunt in the first trial is harder than the trial itself
>>
>>32055827
After Kiawe's trial you can use Pelago to EV train or passively level up mons (Although in actual fact the Power item way on SOS chains only takes about a few minutes).

If you really want to cheese it hard you can also use the Rare Kitchen and the like as rare candies but be aware that moves won't get learned if there's a move corresponding to that level.

I'm probably going to use the most OP stuff like Salamence on my run.
>>
>>32055876
I used PKSM to reduce my team's friendship enough to use EV berries and actually properly trained my team, and now the difficulty has reached the goldilocks zone. I apologise for blaming the hack for my laziness
>>
I didn't really EV train my team, just stuck some power items on them and played as normal. Used some EV berries to fix a few glaring problems but other than that they've managed just fine being unoptimized.
>>
>>32052735
Please tell me that the E4 aren't 100% legendary teams like RR/SS.
>>
>>32057194
They're pretty similar to their original teams actually. Or maybe the same, I don't remember exactly. But totally reasonable.
>>
i'm worried my saves will fuck up if I try to backup or something
>>
>>32057386
You don't have to make a backup, your save's perfectly fine
>>
>>32057329
Thanks anon.
>>
>>32057413
What do you mean?
>>
>>32056357
>reduce friendship enough to use EV berries
you can actually use those even if your pokemon have full friendship.
>>
Managed to beat it a week ago or so, I really enjoyed it, but I feel like the beginning was unfair. Subseed (Or was it spore/seed?) Paras at route 1, really?

My final team was Mimikyu/Primarina/Tyranitar/Ampharos/Zygarde 10%/Venusaur
>>
>>32057194
hack dev explained why there are no legendaries on trainer teams this time around
>With RRSS, I was painted into a corner by the player's EV progression. Since Trainers can't have EVs in Gen VI games, the only way to even come close to the raw stats of a fully EV'd (not optimized, just natural EVs) Pokémon was to abuse high BST mons in the endgame. In Sun and Moon, I can just create an EV curve to match the Level curve.
>>
>>32058944
>Subseed (Or was it spore/seed?) Paras at route 1
You picked Popplio, huh?
>>
so how much of a hassle is it to bounce between your vanilla save and this romhack
>>
>>32059176
Not doable because of the level curve. Ridiculously easy in terms of enabling/disabling the hack, but any NSUM save will be incredibly overpowered in Sun/Moon (and any Sun/Moon save will be drastically underpowered in NSUM)
>>
>>32059185
i mean if i want to play the normal game with my current save and the romhack with its own save, is it easy to just switch between them
>>
Does citra work on mac?
>>
>>32059211
Yeah, that's easy. Just use JKSM or PKSM to back up your saves and switch between them. Alternatively, just pirate the other version of the game and run the romhack on that.
>>
>>32059227
No.
>>
>>32059246
So I have my main game save now in JKSM. Now I go into the romhack and create a new save, and when I want to swap I back it up, and reload the main game save again?
And when I want to change off the romhack, I go to Luma settings, switch "Enable region/language emu. and ext. .code" off and boom?
>>
>>32059672
Yup
Still think it would be easier if you just got Sun and Moon and put the romhack on whichever one you're not actively playing right now
>>
>>32059689
I try to avoid pirating games desu, there's still that paranoia that makes me think I'll get a threat letter or something even though it's virtually impossible
that, and I don't have enough space on my SD now
>>
>>32059700
you know what fuck it, i had space after all
this'll be an expensive romhack if it comes to that
>>
File: you about to get fuckled.png (532KB, 482x750px) Image search: [Google]
you about to get fuckled.png
532KB, 482x750px
>>32059775
Reported to Nintendo cops
>>
>>32052735
can't change battle formats for sm, which is why you end up steamrolling nearly everything by mid to endgame if you tailor your team for it. single battles are too easy to cheese with setup moves like swords dance and z-conversion. the earliest you can do this (in expanded build) is with porygon with z-conversion and drilbur/excadrill with swords dance

>>32054884
it's a lot easier if you plan a team out before you actually start, but i guess that's pointless to say now. you really, really don't want to catch pokemon later rather than sooner, because the move reminder is all the way at the pokemon league

>>32055733
i used pyukumuku to counter enemy setup, it's hilarious. sadly unless you trade (or hack) in another pyukumuku, it can't learn baton pass until you reach the pokemon league
>>
>>32059227
You have to compile it manually if I recall correctly.
>>
Where is the 6 iv in-game trade Ditto? I can't find her!!!
>>
File: 1465016216760.png (121KB, 402x553px) Image search: [Google]
1465016216760.png
121KB, 402x553px
Haha, RNG abuse works on this romhack just like it does on the original.
>>
>>32060556
pokecenter before lana's trial
>>
>>32061952
Of course it would, what could possibly be different
>>
>>32062525
The eggs generate and hatch in like 5 seconds though. Crazy stuff.
>>
>>32060556
it's literally in the trailer
>>
>>32059700
>threat letter

lmao dont believe everything you read faggit
>>
>>32062541
who watches a trailer for a rom hack
i rarely even watch trailers for real games anymore
>>
>>32062713
>video has 10k views on vimeo
>>
>>32062317
thanks pal
>>
>>32062583
hey there's been those for downloading some series/movies here
>>
>>32064290
3DS piracy is much safer considering downloads are through Nintendo's official servers instead of a trackable source like torrents or Mega
>>
>>32064290
That's only in some countries, you can download whatever you want here and they don't give a fuck. I use private trackers anyway so I'll never get a letter.
>>
>>32064310
This is incorrect. Mega is a DDL service so it's impossible to track who is downloading. The only reason why Torrent dls get tracked are because the copyright authorities open their own torrent client and monitor people who download because they are in the swarm.

For example, everyone in the swarm can see who is downloading - this is public information which of course can be made private by using a VPN since the server that the VPN is running off will show up as the 'computer downloading' rather than the person's home computer

Now this isn't the case if you're uploading to mega. If you're uploading to mega, they can say 'HEY THAT PERSON UPLOADED MY FILES, REMOVE IT' and the link will die (although you won't get punished in any way as a result of it because someone could call themselves asdlfasdnflasdkfnalkds and have an email address of [email protected])
>>
>>32052735
>P-Star
Wonderful name.
>>
>>32052735
Why are you using Galladite on Gallade? You can't mega evolve until postgame.
>>
>>32064649
He is in postgame, right?
>>
>>32064667
I thought he was showing off his Elite Four team including items used.
>>
>>32062534
The only thing they changed was the number of hatch cycles, so everything hatches in 255 steps. They're still generated the same way.
>>
>>32064719
Not even "in 255 steps". They hatch on the first cycle that passes once the egg is in your party. Meaning that if the Egg Cycle is currently at 254/255, the egg will hatch in one step. You can see an example of this in the video trailer, where the player obtains an Eevee Egg and barely moves before it hatches.
>>
>>32064719
Almost everything hatches in like 12 steps or something ridiculously great.
>>
>>32064689
It is postgame, but the only thing different is Gallade was holding Choice Band or Scarf

>>32064548
Thank you, I think so too. If I ever get around to hatching a shiny I'll upgrade it to 2.0
>>
Holy fuck these early routes are absolute fucking shit, there's nothing I can fucking do with this pokemon distribution
>>
>>32066346
where are you right now

if you have version 1.0, try catching rotom on route 1 and immediately upgrade it to rotom-w or rotom-h at kukui's lab depending on what type you need
>>
>>32066357
1.3 or whatever the fuck was the newest
It's just complete ass to have some stalling deerling fuck you over with synthesis and leech seed on route 1
>>
>haha wouldn't it be hard if we slapped thunder wave right away on your pokemon when you have no access to ground types haha
>and don't even try swapping because i'll paralyze you again haha
>>
does this change types, bst or movesets at all? because that's the only reason to play these hacks.
>>
>>32066782
No type changes, no BST changes and all of the moveset changes are just so a Pokemon learns a move earlier (Marowak-A learning Shadow Bone after evolving instead of level 27, for example)
>>
>>32066713
that's what affection is for
>>
>>32066960
You're not supposed to have refresh bonuses, otherwise you level up too fast
>>
>>32066346
I didn't have any problem, playing the Legit Build and using Litten/Spinarak/Pikipek/Slowpoke/Grimer-A/Magnemite
>>
>>32066346
I solo'd the early game with just a Rowlet.
>>
Does someone know how can I see/edit the files from the SaltySD method? I tried dragging the folders into PK3DS but something must be missing cause it threw me an error
>>
>>32070783
You need a full extracted ROM to use PK3DS.
>>
>>32070945
Got it
>>
Is it okay to use it if its my first time playing SM?
>>
>>32071529
It'll be much harder but honestly it shouldn't be that bad as your first run through the game, it generally keeps the same flavor as the main game
>>
File: 1488338087506.jpg (34KB, 402x368px) Image search: [Google]
1488338087506.jpg
34KB, 402x368px
>>32071639
a-alright here goes nothing
>>
>>32071653
Make sure you use Leveled or Expanded build, Legit and Lite mean you'll have to grind anything you want to use mid to late-game. Since it's your first time playing Sun/Moon, Leveled might be the best build for you.
>>
>>32066713
Electric types can't be paralyzed too you know?
>>
>>32066713
>paralysis is a death sentence
>>
>>32071653
how's your experience so far
>>
>>32073645
He's dead jim.
Thread posts: 93
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.