[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Since it's March, how would things turn out if SM's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: 64-single-fillable-bracket.jpg (99KB, 635x500px) Image search: [Google]
64-single-fillable-bracket.jpg
99KB, 635x500px
Since it's March, how would things turn out if SM's 64 most popular Pokemon were put into a bracket to compete against each other?
>>
>>32051631
I think the first thing to do is figure out who misses the cut. Since there are only 81 new Pokemon total, there aren't a whole lot of cuts to be made in a 64-mon bracket.

I think a 32-mon bracket would make more sense.
>>
>>32051853
A 32 mon bracket is just the second round of a 64 mon bracket
Cutting 81 down to 32 is the exact same as cutting 81 down to 64 and then having a round
>>
>>32051853
What IS the least-popular SM Pokemon? Maybe Bruxish?
>>
>>32051853
Just cut out the NFEs like dartrix and trumbeak.
>>
>>32051631
Something like this was done on Gamefaqs and Primarina won
>>
>>32051934
I'm sure it was a heated poll between all five users on gamefaqs.
>>
>>32051933
Cutting out all NFEs leaves us with exactly 50, including legends.

>>32051869
Considering the inspiration is college basketball, which has 350 teams trying to make a field of 68, I don't think that's all that unreasonable.

>>32051913
Beats me. I'm not particularly fond of Bruxish, but if I had to pick my personal least favorite I'd say Komala. It just doesn't seem particularly interesting to me.
>>
>>32051986
>81 new Pokemon
>cutting out all NFEs leaves us with 50
God Alola has a shitton of legends.
Also I can't believe I forgot about Komala, especially since I fucking hate koalas.
>>
>>32051966
This guy held multiple polls so it took several weeks for the whole thing to end. The last poll ended with 188 votes so yeah not really a huge number, but enough for Gamefaqs at least
>>
>>32052020
Wait, I miscounted. It's 51. My initial count has Solgaleo and Lunala together counting as only 1.

Even so, it's slim pickings if we stick to fully-evolved only. Cut legends and a couple shtimons and we're at 32.
>>
>>32052020
BUT IT ONLY HAS 8
>>
>>32052020
>>32052063
>>32052072
There are ONLY 8 legends in sumo
>>
>>32052084
For the purposes of this count, UBs are legends. Magearna and Marshadow are also getting counted in that.

After making those cuts, we're at 35.
>>
>>32052072
>>32052084
>Marshadow
>Magerna
>Cosmog family x4
>Tapu x4
>Necrozma who I very nearly forgot about
That's 11. I would also count the 7 Ultra Beasts and the Null family among the legendary Pokemon of the region since the Pokedex does, and because we've counted fucking Mewtwo as a legendary Pokemon for 21 years with no issues.

For comparison, last gen gave us 6 legendary Pokemon while Gen I, the second-largest generation in the series to date, introduced a whopping 5 legendary Pokemon.
>>
>>32052160
UB's AREN'T legends
>>
>>32052176
Oh, then 10, but nekrozma and the UB'S are NOT legends
>>
>>32052195
You can catch a limited number per game and you can't hatch more. Close enough. Moving on.

>>32052176
If we also cut Silvally (I didn't), we're down to 34. We'd need two play-in matches and then we'd have a 32-mon bracket.
>>
In the interest of keeping this thing alive, the other thing to discuss with such a bracket is seeding. Given that there's no regular season to speak of, how do you determine who starts where?

This is just my personal opinion, but I'd start with the top line being the starters and the pseudo, since those are the four lines that tend to get the most attention (yes, I know Kommo-o is awful, but most pseudos aren't, so it gets a pass this time).
>>
>>32052421
That seems fair.
>>
>>32052499
Assuming dubs confirm, that would give us the Decidueye, Incineroar, Primarina, and Kommo-o regions, with those mons being the 1 seeds in their brackets.

We'd also need to figure out which brackets get matched up for the Final Four, and who plays our play-in matches.
>>
>>32052181
It's like autism and aspergers. They're basically the same, but the doctor still classifies you as an autist.
>>
In regards to initial seeding, I can't say I know of a way to do it that doesn't essentially solve the tournament bracket for us. I would personally start with the BSTs for each Pokemon, since they give us a rough idea of each mon's power level; coincidentally, this works out perfectly, because our 1 seeds are also the four strongest non-legends in the region (if you count Wishiwashi as its Solo form, count Minior as Meteor form, and if Golisopod loses tiebreakers; School Wishiwashi becomes a 2 and Core Minior becomes a 3, bumping everyone below them down).

If we do that, the seeds become:
1: Kommo-o, Decidueye, Incineroar, Primarina
2: Golisopod, Dhelmise, Tsareena, Vikavolt
3: Mudsdale, Bewear, Toxapex, Oranguru
4: Passimian, Lycanroc, Toucannon, Comfey
5: Turtonator, Drampa, Lurantis, Salazzle
6: Palossand, Komala, Crabominable, Oricorio
7: Mimikyu, Bruxish, Ribombee, Araquanid
8 (safe from a play-in): Minior, Togedemaru
8 (play-in): Gumshoos, Pyukumuku, Shiinotic, Wishiwashi

It's not perfect, of course, but it's a starting point.
>>
Bumping to keep alive, and also because I'm trying to find a 34-team bracket generator that isn't a total pain in the ass.
>>
>>32053515
I feel like there's no point, these are always stuffed anyway.
>>
>>32053530
It's more for fun than anything else. At the end of the day, anon, the winner is whoever you like most.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.