[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the point of its ability? Is there some gimmicky

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: 1488815149170.png (58KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1488815149170.png
58KB, 250x250px
What's the point of its ability? Is there some gimmicky strat you can do with it?
>>
>>32024172
no status at all. its one of the best abilities in game, if it were on something good you'd be raging for it to get nerf'd.
Musharna when?
>>
>>32024172
You can use a choice item without being stuck to one move using Sleep Talk. You're at the mercy of RNG, though.
>>
>>32024172

Immune to status and can use and be affected by moves that require to be asleep to work
>>
>>32024179
musharna, snorlax and regigigas get comatose now. what changes?
>>
>>32024217
I wonder if Regigigas would even go to ubers.
>>
>>32024265
with comatose? probably.

I don't know if it just lost slow start in favor of something else like pressure, though.
>>
>>32024265
absolutely. massive attack and fair speed with the ability of no burns or paralasys? gg ez pz lmn sqz
>>
If I use Worry Seed on Komala, will it die?
>>
>>32024265
>that movepool
>that bulk
>that attack and passable spatk
Yes.
>>
>Role Play, Gastro Acid, Worry Seed, Simple Beam, and Entrainment fail if the target has the Ability Comatose. Skill Swap fails if either Pokémon has Comatose. Comatose cannot be copied by Trace, Power of Alchemy, or Receiver. Comatose cannot be replaced by Mummy or suppressed by Core Enforcer.
jesus christ
>>
File: cia.jpg (26KB, 357x617px) Image search: [Google]
cia.jpg
26KB, 357x617px
>>32024329
it would be extremely wakeful
>>
Just let the poor guy sleep.
>>
>tfw no fast mon with Whirlwind and Comatose
>>
>>32024747
You're a big guy
>>
Spam Thrash with no confusion.
>>
>>32024894
>not using tangled feet dodrio and taking advantage of thrash confusion
>>
>>32024172
Bulk Up, Z-Stockpile
>>
>>32024182
Interesting. I wanna try this out, what build should I go with for Komala?
>>
>>32024341
That's just the standard "this Pokemon only" clause. It's on PoA/Reciever, any form-changing ability, and Wonder Guard, too.
>>
>>32026943
Go for for max coverage. Sleep talk and choice band/scarf depending on preference.
Other three moves should be Return, Play Rough, and either Wood Hammer or Earthquake. WH does more damage but has recoil. EQ hits more for super effective but you gotta be lucky against flying/levitate.
>>
>>32024172
Gee OP, I wonder.

Advantages:
-Completely immune to all status effects
-Obtain all the benefits of being asleep (like using Snore or Sleep Talk) without losing turns
-Can't be Skill Swapped (or similar)

Disadvantages:
-Can't use Rest
-Weak to a few very niche moves like Dream Eater
-Takes double damage from Hex and Wake-up Slap

All in all it's a great ability since you can safely switch in to Thunder Wave, Spore, etc. The biggest downside is probably that you can't use Rest, and since Komala doesn't get Slack Off (logical since it's always asleep anyways) it has no reliable recovery move. It's not like Defeatist, Truant or Slow Start, which only have downsides.

That said, Komala doesn't even have terribly awful stats. If it had better HP it might've seen some use. It has 115 Attack, decent Sp. Def and some decently powerful moves like Return and Wood Hammer. If Facade worked with Sleep it'd be a decent wallbreaker.
>>
>>32024894
Wrong, since Confusion is a volatile status effect it can still be affected by it.
>>
>>32024892
For RU
>>
>>32028440
>Takes double damage from Hex
really made me think, it truly did
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.