[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>O-OU is unbalanced! It's full of legends, UBs, and pseudos!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4

File: 1200px-645Landorus.png (849KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1200px-645Landorus.png
849KB, 1200x1200px
>O-OU is unbalanced! It's full of legends, UBs, and pseudos!

What did you expect? Of course OU is full of them, becuase legends, UBs, and pesudos are MEANT to be good, and, therefore, get used a lot. Are you surprised that shitmons like Furfrou and Honchkrow don't get sued? That's because they're NOT meant to be good, and, therefore, are NOT going to be used.
OU IS balanced, it's just /vp/ that whines about anything and everything.
>>
File: 1485846172888.png (2MB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1485846172888.png
2MB, 1024x1024px
>>32022899

>OU thread

>Posts Ubers
>>
>>32022899
>inb4 that one retard that thinks every legendary and mega should be sent to ubers
>>
>>32022899
>OU
>Landorus-I
Anon pls
>>
>>32022899
This will surely result in a very positive thread with sensible arguments from both sides
>>
>>32022899
please send all legends to ubers Articuno is really giving me a lot of trouble
>>
>>32022912
You were so close anon but he got there just 30 seconds before you.
>>
>>32022899
Speaking of Landorus incarnate, why is it in ubers while Therian is in OU? Is therian shittier?

t. someone who knows zip diddly about competitive pokemon.
>>
>>32022922
Landorus-I is ubers though.
>>
>>32022923
Sheer force
>>
>>32022922
Pretty sure that Palkia anon was pointing out how OP posted an Uber when talking about OU.
Landorus is different from Landorus-Therian.
>>
>>32022923
>>32022923

"Landorus-I has been banned from OU by a 75.5% supermajority. With the ability to dismantle bulkier teams with Calm Mind, sweep through offensive teams with Rock Polish, or just run four incredibly powerful attacks with many backed up by Sheer Force, Landorus-I was a powerhouse in the OU metagame. What's worse is that Landorus-I had coverage to beat almost all of its potential checks and counters depending on the team it was used on, making it an even more unpredictable threat and that much more difficult to beat."

Furthermore, look at http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/landorus-incarnate-is-now-banned-from-ou.3589349/ for the recent ban explanation
>>
>>32022923

Abusing Sheer force with his abusive Moves... Life orb too.

It's like Nidoking but dangerous
>>
>>32022932
>>32022944
>>32022954
I see. Sheer force is a hell of a drug I guess. Therian doesn't get anything as good right?
>>
>>32022899
how do furfrou and honchkrow get sued? copyright or some shit?
>>
>>32022959
It has intimidate. It's still the best pokemon in OU, and does see some usage in uber.
>>
>>32022959
intimidate, which is incredibly good but not single handedly sweep teams good
>>
>>32022959

Intimidate is good, but not as Dangerous as SF

Intimidate has a defensive utility and even offensive

Sheer Force with Sludge Wave, Earth Power etc it's completely insane. It's literally an Assassin, different offensive sets available to Stall break or Sweep HO
>>
>>32022959

Therian is powerful, has good utility as a defensive pivot esp. with Intimidate, but has no recovery, and most importantly, he has many checks and counters. It can be annoying to deal with, but definitely manageable, really any special attacker can harm Therian enough to kill his walling power. Land-T is more of a utility Pokemon, but Land-I can just run over your team and there's fuck all you can do about it.
>>
>>32022972
>>32022973
>>32022983
I see. Basically a splashable unit for most teams huh.
>>32022989
Is incarnate good in ubers? Or is he just kind of average compared to Arceus and such? The last time I used smogon I played a few AG matches and had no idea what I was doing but won a couple matches with FUGlord.
>>
>>32023006
252+ SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Landorus Earth Power vs. 168 HP / 36 SpD Groudon-Primal: 525-619 (137 - 161.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

It's a threat to threats... I think can own some other threats
>>
>>32023014
Oh my, P-groudon dies?
Well I guess incarnate is right at home then.
>>
>>32023006
>>32023006

Uhhh, haven't seen Landorus-I much in Ubers. It's possible to pull off, but it would have to have a specific niche, since there's just so much you can use. It's at least more viable than Reshiram or Deoxys-N
>>
>>32023088
Reshiram got a bit better this gen thanks to Bloom Doom. Also Deoxys-N is not really unviable, it's just that there's literally no reason to use it when Deoxys-A exists.
>>
>>32023098

Huh, that's interesting, didn't know about the Bloom Doom Reshiram. Also, yes, you are correct, by unviable I mean it's not really worth using over its other formes
>>
>>32022899
Furfrou and Honchkrow aren't good and ON TOP OF THAT, they now get sued too? Gee, little nippers sure have a hard life.
>>
>>32023147
honchkrow is good
>>
>>32022923
With Sheer Force and Life Orb Incarnate technically has 235 Base Special attack.
>>
File: augh.gif (578KB, 484x451px) Image search: [Google]
augh.gif
578KB, 484x451px
>>32023230
>>
>Just realized Landorus-I is usable in battle tree.
Holy shit. Is he as useful there as I imagine he is?

What about other Ubers like Megamence and Blaziken?
>>
>>32023522
all usable

hope you like losing to bright powder sheer cold walrein
>>
>>32023557
So what, an ice type is mandatory or you just have to scout for a specific trainer?
>>
I mean to be honest the only reason I don't like playing OU is because by its nature the teams are often similar, to a degree. I'm more in the "original team whether they're OU or not, allowing OUs but no picks purely for tier" camp
>>
>>32023640
sheer cold hits ice types too

it's just one of the bullshit battle facility sets that have been roaming for generations
>>
>>32023657
you can absolutely win with original teams, as long as they're actually decent

my problem with OU is that almost nobody cares about originality and you can pretty much expect to see the same 5 or so pokemon to appear in every single team, and it just gets boring

>lele/fini/koko
>pinsir/gyara/metagross
>2 or 3 UBs
>lando and greninja 90% of the time
>hp fire magnezone
fucking zzzzz
>>
>>32023693
Genuinely don't understand people who play OU, see a team full of tapus/ubs/etc and thinks "Wow! I sure do want to just cut and paste that team but with maybe one change!" Fucking snore
>>
>>32023693
Welcome to how ladders work. Using whats consistent works out better over a long period of games rather than using niche teams designed to counter specific threats. Any games with a building concept (ex CCGs) are going to have this lack-of-creativity issue.

Just watch/play in tours if you want diversity.
>>
>>32023759
I still play OU and I don't blame people for using cookie cutter teams, I'm just saying it's boring as fuck.
>>
>>32022899
OU isn't shit because it has legendary Pokemon, it's shit because a samefest.
Landorus,tapu lel+other tapu, a 2 ultra beast and garchomp/toxapex/chansey
>>
>>32023746
It's because OU team building is hard as shit. It's easier now due to the lack of Megas, but ORAS was threat saturation central.

Unless if you have a strong knowledge of the meta, teambuilding is hard as shit in OU without using explored cores and archetypes.
>>
>>32023884
>Landorus
>Tapu Lelelelele
>Tapu Bulu
>Kartana
>Celesteela
>Garchomp

That sounds like a well rounded, well built team that totally won't get raped by Zards.
>>
>>32023988
Scarf Garchomp totally rapes both Charizards, and Landorus, especially bulky Landorus, gives Zard-X a lot of trouble too. No, the real problem with the team you posted there is it loses to defensive bullshit like hazard-stacking-balance and most stall teams.
>>
>>32023988
>implying Garchomp can't hit Zapdos with Stone Edge
>>
Perhaps the problem here isn't that OU is unbalanced or boring (even if it is), but that there isn't a specific tier designed to encourage unique/personal teams that still includes OU Pokemon.

Problem is some people play purely to win and some play to use a team that's unique to them and has their favourite Pokemon on it. Can't please em all.
>>
>>32023693
it sucks, but you can't really blame them. They want to win, so they're going to use what works. You get points for winning, not for having fun.

just wait till PU is created, im gonna have the time of my life
>>
>>32023660

Not anymore it doesn't actually.
>>
I am not particulary good or fond of SuMo OU right now, but I'd have to be a filthy casual to complain that legends are in it
>>
>>32023746
>handicapping yourself by using objectively weaker, less effective tools

In most games, mechanical skill generally means more than balance as long as things arent too uneven, but Pokemon has no room for mechanical skill to show as it is just clicking on one of 5 or 6 buttons. Therefore you can only win through either strategic skill, RNG, or having the better tools.
You cant control RNG nor rely on it (damage rolls, accuracy, crits, etc.) to win even match ups.
You can't win exclusively through strategy, as raw numbers decide matches more heavily and you'll eventually battle someone more strategically skilled than you more than you will someone LESS so.

therefore, having the better/best team possible is the only reliable, consistent way to climb.
Don't care about ladder climbing? Don't play OU or sit at 1200 and dont complain that you lost because you refuse to replace Sunflora and Heatmor
>>
File: 1483313454729.jpg (42KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1483313454729.jpg
42KB, 512x512px
>>32022899
>Furfrou and Honchkrow don't get sued
You see, it's because they actually REMEMBERED to bring the sex tomorrow. No false advertising there!
>>
>use trick room
>have fun with Cofagrigus, Specs Heatran and Alolan Marowak in OU
im sure i could even throw some different shit on there but i genuinely like heatran
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.