[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, I know Diamond and Pearl are games that in recent years

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: latest.png (313KB, 500x448px) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
313KB, 500x448px
So, I know Diamond and Pearl are games that in recent years received huge praise from the community, as it always happens with the nostalgia cycle of Pokémon.

But amongst the many things I find pretty hard to praise from these games (i.e. the design of the Sinnoh region, but that would belong to another topic), one thing I sincerely fail to understand are the praises towards the soundtrack.

The OST from the Sinnoh games (Platinum included of course) shows a fairly poor use of the Nintendo DS capabilities, with melodies who sound like MIDI files. Something that HGSS already does miles better, and the Unova games master. And it's not even a matter of "it was Game Freak's first game on the system": both RSE and XY use their respective soundfonts miles better than DPPt did.

Just compare these two themes, the first one from DPPt...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8cLW0Lckhc

... and the second one from BW/B2W2.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSbuAEOrsp0

The difference is staggering.
I get it that tastes are a thing, but why do people praise so much the music from DPPt out of every thing that could be praised from these titles? Is it just _bad taste?
>>
>>32022383
Yeah, it's bad taste. On your part, that is.
>>
People praise Platinum, not Diamond and Pearl.
>>
>>32022400
Wow, you really showed me. :(
>>32022403
Music and graphics (mostly) stay the same between the two versions.
>>
>>32022410

Yes, but people still praise Platinum alone most of the time rather than Diamond and Pearl as well. Platinum is just the better game.
>>
>>32022383
I feel the same, I don't really like Sinnoh music
>>
NO shitting on Sinnoh. Tied with Hoenn for best region.

I want remakes of Diamond & Pearl this generation. For the 3DS. Switch can suck a dick.
>>
>>32022383
Because the music itself is great. The compositions are catchy and fit the mood of each area perfectly. Who the fuck cares about the soundfont
>>
>>32022383
>both RSE and XY use their respective soundfonts miles better than DPPt did.

OP, have you compared the sound front between Gen 3 main games to the sound font of Mystery Dungeon Red Rescue Team? The difference is staggering.

Also it's not hard to make music for a game like X and Y.
>>
>>32022383
>sound like MIDI files
Wrong
>>
>>32022383
DPP music is meh, but Stark Mountain is awesome and it has the best Game Corner music in the franchise.
>>
Sinnoh has the best music in the series, by far.
>>
The songs themselves are pretty good it's just the soundfont that's trash
>>32022558
>Sinnoh
>best
It's good, but not the best
>Hoenn
>good
>the land of endless surfing
>>
>>32022383
But OP, XY didn't use soundfonts.
They composed actual music for them.
>>
>>32022383
the soundtrack is one of its saving graces
>>
>>32022403
this
>>
>>32022383
>diamond and pearl
>praise

2/10 got me to respond
>>
It's a jazz, instrumental, and guitar based OST. I'd say it's pretty great, but if that's not your cup of tea man I understand. I never liked Hoenn's OST. maybe you do eh?
>>
>>32022410
the music and graphics are shit in gen 4 (not counting HG/SS) so that doesn't help your point
>>
Who the fuck complains about the graphics in a Pokemon game
>>
>>32023208
Best? I thought it was the most forgettable but eh whatever.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.