[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Oh, excuse me! I am a scientist. My name is Colress. The

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 12

File: YZWZWC6.jpg (23KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
YZWZWC6.jpg
23KB, 400x240px
>Oh, excuse me! I am a scientist. My name is Colress. The theme of my research is: "Bringing out the potential of Pokémon." What brings out the power of Pokémon is... I believe that is-the bond they share with their Trainers!
WHY DID GF RUIN COLRESS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>yeah let's just create a brand new 3D model for a character that appears for 5 seconds
>doesn't even appear in the battle tree

what did GF mean by this
>>
>>32021031
But he does appear in the battle tree
>>
>>32021031
>>32021031
Anon...
>>
>>32021031
He's going to be part of the Post Game sidequest in the DiaPer remakes
Also >>32021041
>>
Why DID they redesign him? I don't actually dislike his redesign, but hes so irrelevant in the game, it seems like they would just use his existing design, like Cynthia.
>>
>>32021071
To promote the Switch Power Glove
>>
>>32021071
Because it's much better than just a fucking lab coat. It might not be the most aesthetically pleasing to look at, but knowing that he made it to keep himself cool in a hot region gave him more personality than most of his dialogue did in BW2.
>>
>>32021093
I'm not asking what was wrong with his old design. I'm asking why redesigning such a character is even worth it if their role is so minor. That's why a bring up Cynthia. She isn't relevant to the story so they just made a 3d model of her existing design.
>>
>>32021012
>WHY DID GF RUIN COLRESS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
how?, also

>What brings out the power of Pokémon is... I believe that is-the bond they share with their Trainers!
that's pretty cool, he's holding on what he learned from BW2.
>>
>>32021012
Wat? He was proven wrong in BW2. They would ruin him if they made him not learn a thing from it.
>>
>>32021012
Is this not exactly what he was studying in B2/W2?
>>
>>32021031
>I don't play after beating the game: the post
>inb4 b-but muh frontier isn't here
>>
>>32021012
I still wonder why the fuck he looks like a member of the Aether family. I'm 100% that some twist with him being a lost member of the family was planned but scrapped.
>>
>>32021031

He does appear in the battle tree. Hell he's the most memorable oppenent there since he has a tendency to fuck the player out of their streak.
>>
>>32021852
I think one of the reasons he got the redesign was to actually distinguish him from Aether.
>>
>>32021012
This >>32021139 >>32021223

I am slightly disappointed he's not gushing about mega evolution, however.
>>
>>32021863
One of the reasons may be the fact how negatively mega evolutions seem to be viewed in Alola, stating things like that they cause pain and aggression for most Pokemon.
>>
>>32021012
Good, because I bond with my pokemon on a daily basis.
>>
>>32021863
He'll do that if they remake BW2
>>
>>32021862
>>32021862
That's dumb because he appears literally right next to one of their facilities
>>
>>32021863
A shame that he was only briefly referenced in XY.
>>
>>32021012
It's either
>A: he learned from his past
>B: it's a different colress, like Anabel
>>
>>32022046
>>B: it's a different colress, like Anabel
Fuck off with your headcanon shit
>>
File: AAI_Miles_Edgeworth_Head_Tap_1.gif (86KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
AAI_Miles_Edgeworth_Head_Tap_1.gif
86KB, 256x192px
>>32022051
>WHY DID GF RUIN COLRESS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Since GF didn't explain it, some headcanon is needed to answer OP's question
>>
>>32022075
What doesn't GF explain? Colress was explained pretty well in BW2.
>>
>>32022270
They don't explain why or how he's in S&M, nor his apparent value shift in his research.

We're left to speculate that all returning characters in Alola are the same individuals from previous games, fallen through ultra portals.
But there's no way to know for sure. Barring the third game actually being a prequal.
>>
>>32021071
For fun.
Cynthia is actually an odd one who didn't get a redesign while Wally has an excuse of having recent ORAS model. I think they try to play safe with waifufag.
>>
File: why.png (788KB, 1297x532px) Image search: [Google]
why.png
788KB, 1297x532px
WASTED POTENTIAL WHAT THE FUCK
ALL THEY HAD TO DO WAS MAKE HIM WANT TO INVESTIGATE THE POWER OF ULTRAWORMHOLES/Z-POWER TO COME TO ALOLA

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>32022346
Or they're saving her redesign for DP Remakes and didn't want to spoil it.
>>
>>32022317
Even in BW2 he already believed pokemon can become strongest by the bond thing. He was just playing devil's advocate to confirm his theory. When ever he lost to you he never rant about being wrong but simply praise you for confirming his theory.
>>
>>32022317
>If Trainers believe in their Pokémon to the fullest extreme, as you do, their Pokémon partners will also give everything they have! So that must be the answer I've been looking for.

There's no change in Colress. He wants to bring out Pokemon's fullest potential, and the final conclusion he came to was that the bond between Pokemon and their Trainer can achieve that, and is focusing on that.

As for what he is doing in Alola, it is the only region known to have Z-rings, so he's researching those.

>We're left to speculate that all returning characters in Alola are the same individuals from previous games, fallen through ultra portals.
No, we aren't. There's not been a single confirmation of a character coming form "Ultra Portals". It's just your headcanon you're running with. Everything is pretty well explained.
>>
>>32022384
>There's not been a single confirmation of a character coming form "Ultra Portals"
Well except for Anabel.
>>
>>32022346
Canon has never mattered, especially now when we have alternate dimensions and characters dimension hopping.
>>
>>32022392
>Well except for Anabel.
No, even Anabel's not been confirmed. In fact, there's a shit load of things that point against Anabel being from another world. And THE only thing that points toward Anabel being from another world is a single piece of dialogue, "she came from another world". Even that is flimsy as fuck, because the term "another world" is used to refer to Ultra Space.
>>
>>32021852

>inb4 hes a team galactic member in the dppmakes
>>
>>32022405
>there's a shit load of things that point against Anabel being from another world.
Such as?

>And THE only thing that points toward Anabel being from another world is a single piece of dialogue, "she came from another world".
Oh you mean direct conformation saying she's from another world?

> because the term "another world" is used to refer to Ultra Space.
You do realise that the player actually travels to another world themselves right? You know, when you get the second Cosmog? In other words Ultra Space is more like the space between worlds that can connect to others rather than another world on it's own.
>>
>>32022405
>And THE only thing that points toward Anabel being from another world is a single piece of dialogue, "she came from another world"
>Even that is flimsy as fuck, because the term "another world" is used to refer to Ultra Space
To add to this, I almost never see this bullshit brought up on any Japanese boards, so it might just be a translation error for all we know. if there really were two Anabel's in the same world, I'd at least see some nips talk about it or some make fanart of them together.
>>
>>32022346
Or because they don't redesign characters who only re-appear in the battle facilities. It's not like any of the characters in PWT got redesigns.
>>
>>32021795
>actually bothering with the battle tree
>>
>>32022430
>almost never see this bullshit brought up on any Japanese boards, so it might just be a translation error for all we know.
You have to be joking.
>>
His redesign fucking sucks.
>>
File: 1451447021929.png (36KB, 584x413px) Image search: [Google]
1451447021929.png
36KB, 584x413px
>GF
>continuity
>not just slamming random past characters into regions

you all expect too much
>>
>>32022430
>so it might just be a translation error for all we know.
>translation error
>for a fairly big element in the side quest
>in the modern generation
The denial is strong.
>>
>>32022426
>Such as?
Looker, a Faller who attracts UBs, being present where Anabel was attacked, no one recognizing Anabel etc..

>Oh you mean direct conformation saying she's from another world?
Yes, another world as in Ultra Space. She's lost her memory, even if she was actually from another universe, no one would know. That line cannot mean she's from another universe. That makes no sense logically.

>You do realise that the player actually travels to another world themselves right?
That world has nothing to do with Anabel, or anything, really. I don't know why you're even bringing that up.

As for the proof Ultra Space is referred to as "another world", here's a few lines from SM.

>Did you come... from another world?
>Ultra Beasts are life-forms from another world.
If Ultra Space is called another world, everything makes sense, without having a new Anabel come here from another universe. There's literally no need for that.
>>
>>32022504
inb4 while another world can refer to Ultra Space and everything makes sense without involving other universes, but he'll insist other universes are involved simply because he says so.
>>
>>32022368
>>32022384
then what's the point of this thread
>>
>>32022575
No point. OP is being retarded.
>>
>>32022580
>implying any thread on this board has a point
>>
>>32022504
>Looker, a Faller who attracts UBs, being present where Anabel was attacked, no one recognizing Anabel etc..
Okay?
How does any of that contradict the fact she's from another world? Hell the fact that she's a faller and a pretty heavy example of one too only serves to strengthen it. Not to mention we know that Ultra Space can connect to multiple worlds as it is.

>another world as in Ultra Space.
So what are you trying to say that Anabel originated from Ultra Space then?
>That makes no sense logically.
It's the only logical conclusion.
Ultra Space can connect to multiple worlds as seen with the player traversing to another Alola.
She is soaked in Ultra Energy.
Humans don't reside in Ultra Space.
No one knows a thing about Anabel or the battle tower she's talking about. Which if it had been created in the SM universe they would have been able to make a quick connection to it as it's the only other Tower in the region besides Sky Pillar which is locked to everyone that isn't a Draconid or Sootopolian.

>That world has nothing to do with Anabel, or anything, really. I don't know why you're even bringing that up.
Except for the fact that Ultra Space links to other worlds anon, keep up. You as the player travel through an Ultra Wormhole, into Ultra Space and out into another world. Similar to what the game suggests Anabel went through.

>>Did you come... from another world?
Said by Lusamine who was feigning ignorance about Ultra Space and the Beasts to begin with.
With that said she doesn't know too much about it herself.

>If Ultra Space is called another world
The problem there is that it's called another dimension and referred to as a space over a world more often than not. In fact only two people call it a world and that's Lusamine and Wicke if I remember right.

>everything makes sense, without having a new Anabel come here from another universe.
Except for the fact that not a single trace of Anabel exists in SM's universe.
>>
>>32022570
>but he'll insist other universes are involved simply because he says so.
Dude, you literally go to another universe in SM. Whether you like it or not there's more evidence suggesting she is in fact from another universe.
>>
File: 1488571097342.png (141KB, 500x464px) Image search: [Google]
1488571097342.png
141KB, 500x464px
>>32022879
>Except for the fact that not a single trace of Anabel exists in SM's universe.
>>
>>32022935
Did you even play the game?
>>
>>32022955
Did you even play the game? Anabel was literally in there. You talk to her, even battle her. For the first time after 15 fucking years, Anabel was in a game, yet you claim there's somehow "not a single trace of Anabel exists in SM's universe".
>>
>>32022977
Are you being retarded on purpose?
Anabel literally did not exist in the SM universe until she appeared 10 years ago.

There was no battle tower in hoenn.
There was no powerful trainer defending it.
There's absolutely nothing relating to her.
>>
File: Top Cryptologists.jpg (128KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
Top Cryptologists.jpg
128KB, 700x700px
>>32023002
>>
File: cqoksWXWd1sk3o83o1_1280.png (515KB, 640x451px) Image search: [Google]
cqoksWXWd1sk3o83o1_1280.png
515KB, 640x451px
>>32023002
Give me one good reason to believe this wasn't completed. If it was, it would need a Brain. Which would be Anabel.
>>
>>32023011
>Give me one good reason to believe this wasn't completed
So tell me, how many towers are there in Hoenn with strong trainers.
>>
>>32023011
Not him but if it was finished they would have easily found some kind of link right there.
>>
File: 1480009846844.jpg (29KB, 499x500px) Image search: [Google]
1480009846844.jpg
29KB, 499x500px
>>32023036
Link to what? Anabel's origin? That was never a concern. Even after her memory loss, she knew exactly where she was from.
>>
>>32021012
>Alola is fascinating
Its just a shitty archipelago.
>>
>>32023070
>she knew exactly where she was from.
Yeah Hoenn from a world that had a battle tower.
No one in PokeInterpol knew what she was talking about however.
>>
File: nani.png (55KB, 160x188px) Image search: [Google]
nani.png
55KB, 160x188px
remember when pokemon was about good ol animal and gangsters abuse instead of alternate universes and philosophy n shit
>>
>>32023078
THE TOWER WAS IN FUCKING ORAS
I'M FUCKING DONE
I'D RATHER CUT MY DICK OFF AND BLEED OUT THAN """""""""""""""""""""""""""""ARGUE""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" WITH YOU

>>32023095
It's still all fun and games, just the fandom is full of retards trying to act smart.
>>
>>32023070
>Anabel gives them details about a tower in Hoenn
>two towers in Hoenn
>one specifically made for strong trainers the other is the closest thing to a religious site.
Are you starting to see the problem here?

>>32023095
It's not so much philosophy as much as it is just talking about what's in the games.

>>32023099
>THE TOWER WAS IN FUCKING ORAS
Except it isn't.
At all.
>>
File: sadrocket.jpg (255KB, 518x600px) Image search: [Google]
sadrocket.jpg
255KB, 518x600px
>>32023095
fuck I meant animal abuse
though ganster abuse is fun too I guess
>>
>>32023095
To be fair AUs and universe destruction/creation shit have been a prominent part of the series since gen 4.
>>
>>32023105
To be fair, in ORAS it was mentioned that they were building the frontier. We don't know how long SM is after it in any event.
>>
>>32023420
>We don't know how long SM is after it in any event.
It's at the far end of the timeline while ORAS is at the start. That's at least a 6 year gap from what we know with X amount of years on top given the years between Sinnoh/Johto and Unova.
>>
>>32023011
>>32023078
>>32023099
>>32023105
>>32023420
Is no one taking into account that Anabel told Looker that she "protected a tower" at the time she was found, and not at the time SM takes place? Looker says they found Anabel 10 years prior to events of SM. That could easily put their encounter before events of ORAS in that respective timeline, meaning the Battle Tower might not have even been proposed yet in the first place.
>>
>>32022356
Coleress is gladion and lillies dad
>>
>>32023514
That relies on a lot of assumptions especially since we have a period of time we don't know the length of.

Which is apparently long enough for the TR member to find a woman and raise a child of 3 to 5 years of age.
>>
File: audino.png (100KB, 500x489px) Image search: [Google]
audino.png
100KB, 500x489px
>>32022356

I want to believe that this is an abandoned plot element/something we might see more of in a third version

But I know in my heart that I'm so, so wrong.
>>
>>32022470
>pic
why?.
>>
>>32023577
>third version
ahahah no
>>
>>32023560
I'm not specifically saying that it is the answer, merely that the possibility exists that it could be. All the people screaming "REEEEE THERE IS A TOWER IN ORAS" are assuming that Anabel had to have been found not only after ORAS but after the Battle Tower completed construction, when in fact there exists leeway in the evidence to allow for the alternative.
>>
>>32021069
>DiaPer remakes
Let this meme die. It's not funny.
>>
File: 1476492071528.png (526KB, 699x662px) Image search: [Google]
1476492071528.png
526KB, 699x662px
>>32023518
>BW2 Colress is a dark Colress from the Mega Universe who got lost in an Ultra Wormhole
>Mega Universe Colress is actually a Faller like Anabel, which is why he has his original DS soundfont tune in the Battle Tree
>>
>>32021855
His appearance was a warning.

>>
>>32021012
what was the point of including all the random Gen 1-6 trainers who appear only 1 or 2 times
>>
>>32026173
If they would have just put Colress and Grimsley in as they appeared in their respective games completely unchanged like Wally and Cynthia, everything would have been just fine. They would have been nice cameos.

But the fact that GF completely redesigned them with NO context on why, it feels like we were served the start of a plot detail that doesn't wrap up. They went the extra mile with the characters to make them feel even more incomplete than if they had not put them in at all.

Fucking brilliant.
Thread posts: 81
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.