[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay /vp/ I have an idea on how to improve the gameplay of Pokémon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (548KB, 1634x1161px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
548KB, 1634x1161px
Okay /vp/ I have an idea on how to improve the gameplay of Pokémon

Okay fuck it I'll dump my shitty idea right here

Make Pokémon's battle system ATB. You still have 4 moves, but you can time when to use the moves. The ATB bar determines how many and which moves you can use, and which move to use. Slower Pokémon regenerate their bars slower, but they have more ATB as the maximum and can chain attacks, while fast Pokémon regenerate quickly but have less ATB.

Basically the battle system works in real time, you can select when to use the moves. Some moves that increase speed can be used for dodging, while protective moves must be selected right before the attack hits to be effective. The attacks are still telegraphed and you have no control over where the Pokémon goes, and accuracy still applies unless you use a speedy move like aerial ace, which would reduce the accuracy by 20% or something.

And yeah, some moves can be defensive too. Like earthquake disrupts grounded foe's attacks, and stuff like flare blitz can render ice moves less effective.

Doubles and triples no longer exist, but there can be double battles with two trainers

TL;DR ATB + timing battle system

Basically the battles will become more intense, flashy and fun.

What do you think?
>>
>>32011024
>shitty idea

Well, you're right about this.

Pokémon is a turn-based series, and should stay that way. There are plenty of great real-time RPGs. There's no need to turn Pokémon into something that it isn't.
>>
>>32011129
But don't you think it's getting stale? I think even without the timing shit this idea could we better than what we have. Kinda like chrono trigger
>>
>>32011141

Honestly, no. It's the core gameplay of the series. It wouldn't be the "real" Pokémon series if they changed the battle system that drastically. It would be a ripoff of some other series, with a Pokémon skin.

Turn-based and real-time RPGs each have their advantages and disadvantages. Neither is inherently better. So I'd rather that Pokémon keep its character as one of the definitive turn-based RPGs than try to be something it's not.
>>
>>32011141
No, the defined system is good. I wouldn't mind a spin-off like this, but it would turn a lot of people off the series, including just about everyone on this board excluding you.
>>
>>32011177
Yes, it sounds awesome for a spin off
>>
i want a battle system based on a simplified pokken
or smash, i think 3d would be better though
>>
Pokemon Mugen Version is very similar to this.
>>
>>32011141
I do think it's getting stale, but your system isn't the solution. It's even less fun.
>>
ATB only works with multiple party members. Singles would just be a lot of waiting around.
Plus this makes slower pokemon completely unviable.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.