[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Glalie has a body made of rock, which it hardens with an

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: 362Glalie.png (504KB, 897x897px) Image search: [Google]
362Glalie.png
504KB, 897x897px
>Glalie has a body made of rock, which it hardens with an armor of ice. This Pokémon has the ability to freeze moisture in the atmosphere into any shape it desires.
>body made of rock
>pure Ice
Defend this without bring up how crappy Ice/Rock is, since GF obviously doesn't care about that.
>>
it's rock that's so frozen that it's actually ice
>>
>>32005759
Ice nuclei aren't always made of ice
>>
ice is technically a mineral

...wait
>>
File: 1488075158929.jpg (32KB, 446x340px) Image search: [Google]
1488075158929.jpg
32KB, 446x340px
>>32006127

Nigger what are you talking about?
>>
>>32005789
this
>>
>>32006127
>>32008494
Ice is a mineral...sort of.

A mineral
>has an ordered atomic arrangement (crystal)
>is naturally occurring
>is inorganic
>has a chemical formula
However, ice CAN be man-made, so it is technically only a mineral sometimes.
>>
File: 1459777442797.jpg (67KB, 426x487px) Image search: [Google]
1459777442797.jpg
67KB, 426x487px
>>32008701

You should re-read what a "mineral" is.
>>
>>32005759
because it has ice powers, not rock powers. its body is probably not rock, but something rock-like since it's actually a living thing
>>
>>32008854
Isn't he right though? The only real problem here is that ice is easy to melt, but as long it stays in a solid state, it's a mineral.
>>
>>32008854

Ice is a mineral as long as it's naturally ocurring.
>>
>>32008905

The dex outright says it's made of rock.
>>
More importantly why is it such a shitmon with a horribly designed mega?
>>
>>32005759
Living creatures are mostly water yet most Pokemon aren't water types.
>>
Doesn't have to be a rock type but no excuse for it not to have rock moves. Rock Polish comes to mind.
>>
>>32005759
>no froslass-speed glalie with rock/ice STAB

They're both good types offensively, right?
>>
>>32009263
But most pokemon ARE water type.
>>
>>32009286
16% is not "most"
>>
>>32008494
>>32008701
>>32008854

Geologist here ice IS a mineral but NOT a rock. So gamefreak still messed up.
>>
>>32005759
>Defend this
Pokemon typing doesn't have to make perfect sense. I like Glalie as a pure Ice because we hadn't had one until gen 3.
>>
>>32005759
What if he was Ice/Rock, stats redistributed, mega got an ability that reduces super effective damage by 50%
>>
>>32010166
If glalie would become a defensive ice/rock type, then no. Better attack and speed with that typing, on the other hand, would be interesting.

I would rather have glalie go the dhelmise route with an ability called rock core that raised the power of its rock-type moves by 50% giving it pseudo-STAB.
>>
>>32010227
I didn't say he had to become defensive, but his stats tell that not even Gamefreak knows what to do with it
They should redistribute a lot of the gen 3 stats, the physical/special split hurts them
>>
>>32009182
Bruh, minerals can be liquids too. You people act like you've never heard of magma or smelting before.

Ice isn't generally thought of as a mineral because it doesn't have any real uses as one, all of its uses are chemical and in liquid form
>>
>>32010006
Actually yeah, ice is a rock too.
>>
>>32010166
>giving an ice type any defensive ability
stop trying to make defensive ice shitmons its never going to happen, ice is a terrible defensive type
>>
>>32010593
I never said he would have to be full defensive when the fucking stats are redistributed, it just helps with the fuckhuge amount of weaknesses
>>
>>32010604
it wouldn't help at all lol he's still 4x weak to fighting and steel, 2x weak to ground, water and grass and only resists flying and ice with that garbage defensive typing you gave him.
>>
>>32010688
2x weak to fighting and steel, neutral from others
>>
Ice is just cold rock.
>>
>>32005759

ASK Aurorus if he likes having rock type and ice type matchup
>>
Just think of it as being made from the same "elemental mineral" as the elemental stones, namely Ice Stone. Nothing about the elemental stones is inherently Rock-type. In fact I don't think any Rock Pokemon evolves via stone.
>>
>>32005759
why the fug is it not ice/dark
>>
Why is Ice separate from Water
Why is Rock separate from Ground
A point can be made for Grass but those guys are just fucking superfluous. Well done on the card game for condensing types; they're fucking stupid.
>>
>>32005759
>Pikachu has a body made of flesh, which conducts bioelectricity discharged through its cheeks.
>body made of flesh
>pure Electric
>not Flesh/Electric or Normal/Electric
Defend this
>>
>>32009326
It is most when 1/18 is 5.55%, and that more Pokémon out of any are Water Type
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.