[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>2017 >I still believe Hoenn has the best level design

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 1467154522483.jpg (810KB, 2560x1809px) Image search: [Google]
1467154522483.jpg
810KB, 2560x1809px
>2017
>I still believe Hoenn has the best level design out of all the regions
>"too much water" fags will never convince me otherwise.

Although it's a shame I wasn't able to travel B2/W2's Unova.

Which region do you think has the best level design?
>>
File: 1469191360822.png (263KB, 408x394px) Image search: [Google]
1469191360822.png
263KB, 408x394px
>>31995903
I would like Hoenn if there was more variety with the water pokemon. Having the second half consist of water routes is fine but wingulls and tentacools everywhere is boring. Other than that I liked the region and was disappointed diving underwater wasn't a feature in Alola.

Favorite is Johto for aesthetics alone
>>
>>31995903
I was actually thining about this my last playthrough of ORAS
There are several shortcuts from new areas that lead back to older ones, and there's stuff to do along the way on top of that. The map loops around itself very nicely while still feeling pretty natural.
I don't really feel the same about Unova even though it also loops around. Unova feels more like you're just going around a large circuit, whereas Hoenn has multiple smaller ones within the main loop. I suppose Kanto does the smaller loop thing too, but Kanto is like a bunch of paths and roads, Hoenn feels like you're actually traversing the environment.
If it weren't for HMs Hoenn might actually be my favorite region
>>
>>31995903
First half is probably the best in pokemon

Having to use repels everywhere on the second half is retarded or else you see the exact same Pokemon
>>
I thought the only "too much water" fags were IGN
>>
>>31996021
>Favorite is Johto for aesthetics alone

my nigga
>>
>Although it's a shame I wasn't able to travel B2/W2's Unova.

Download an emulator and play Blaze Black2/Volt White 2?
>>
It probably does

Alola has nice flashes of neat nooks and crannies like Seaward Cave, Digglet's Tunnel -> Konikoni Lighthouse, and Lush Jungle -> Route 8 for example, but they're far and between with everything else about that region being the most vapid shit in the series, Unova is kind of similar but not as shit
>>
>>31996942
I don't believe I have the specs for that. My computer couldn't even run DS games properly with DeSmuME.
>>
File: cena_goes_to_hoenn.jpg (371KB, 1250x884px) Image search: [Google]
cena_goes_to_hoenn.jpg
371KB, 1250x884px
Agreed OP. The reason I love Hoenn the best is because it has the most exploration. Between the optional routes, to the underwater labyrinths, to the side areas like Sea Mauville, New Mauville, and the desert, R/S/E/OR/AS are just oozing with adventure, which I value the most in Pokemon games.
>>
>>31996965
Try the JIT maybe.
>>
>>31999837
Okay, I will try that.

>>31999750
I love its tropical theme. I really need to work up the motivation to get back into OR/AS. But for now it's Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade for me.
>>
>>31999837
I searched for JIT and found something about DeSmuME.
>>
>>31995903
Hoenn had the best design, and was the most fun to travel.
Kalos/Unova had best town designs.
Alola is the comfiest.
>>
>>31995903
>Although it's a shame I wasn't able to travel B2/W2's Unova.

Look into a flashcart. $20 investment that pays for itself.
>>
>>31995903
Definitely not Alola.
>>
>>32001937
http://3ds-flashcard.com/home/8-r4i-sdhc-3ds-rts-2013.html

What about that one? My DS is old and half broken so I need one that would work on my 3DS and allow me to play DS games.
>>
>>31999750
Yes, this post sums it up perfectly. It's why I love Wind Waker so much, too, so much exploration. Even on land, Hoenn is riddled with so many secrets it's insane.
>>
>>32002505
Dunno about that site, but I believe that card is supported on the current firmware. I think Nintendo gave up trying to block original-DS-only flashcarts a couple years back.

If your 3DS has custom firmware on it, you can go cheaper. A DSTT is $8 on NDS-Card.com.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhG8byCtDws

You need that to run it.
>>
>>32002613
>hoenn is riddled with so many secrets it's insane
I remember when people complained about teleporting to Mauville after Petalburg's Gym, but after these posts it seems like GF wanted to make more side areas to explore only to backfire horrendously. Like, they wanted to reward the player with secrets except its so early in the game the player wouldn't know there are secrets out there. By surfing in the originals you'd come across dive spots, and that sense of rich environment doesn't manifest as well in the remakes. It's more like various disconnected secrets.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.