[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My first mainline Pokemon game was X and it felt long and I built

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: pkx.jpg (67KB, 576x250px) Image search: [Google]
pkx.jpg
67KB, 576x250px
My first mainline Pokemon game was X and it felt long and I built up a team with many different attacks and just looked up on Bulbapedia the enemy's type weakness until the story was done. When I was younger, I played and enjoyed Blue Mystery Team, so is that just the type of game I enjoy out of Pokemon? So many people like to "catch 'em all" but that never felt like a goal for me, maybe because of the personification I saw in BMD. Am I doing something wrong with playing the game, because again, I never thought to look that info up and had a lot of fun. How do you play your mainline Pokemon games, /vp/?
>>
by making up and following a bunch of rules in an attempt to glean challenge from a game made for babies

also dont just look everything up half the fun is discovery. I wish they also wouldn't spoil almost every aspect of the games before launch but whatever
>>
>>31992555
Mystery Dungeon is what we call a "side-game". If you enjoy that, I recommend you to check out Explorers of Sky, Gates to Infinity, and Super Mystery Dungeon.
If you're looking to get into mainline, a lot of people will tell you to start with either one of FireRed/LeafGreen, Emerald, or Heart Gold/Soul Silver. Why? Because they're more "traditional" pokemon games and they're actually good. A lot of people will agree that X/Y were subpar games, and so are Sun/Moon. If you want to play a decent recent game, play Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire, but note that these are even easier than X/Y.

Also what >>31992679 said. Whenever you play a game, don't spoil yourself with the mechanics. Try figuring shit out, it's fun.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.