[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Remember when spiderfags got cocky when the secret of Water Bubble

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 131
Thread images: 16

File: Cuck Spider.png (170KB, 454x386px) Image search: [Google]
Cuck Spider.png
170KB, 454x386px
Remember when spiderfags got cocky when the secret of Water Bubble was revealed and thought it would actually be viable with a low BST and non existant offenses? Yeah now it's RU and even there it needs Z-Gimmick to even do something, which is literally just do a bit of damage with Z-Move Liquidation aka the most predictable "strategy" ever.
>>
doesn't matter if it's predictable, it's still effective
>>
>>31992434
In what kind of universe is Araquanid not good ?
It completely counters sun teams alone, it's a good check against Garchomp and Arcanine ( the ones without wild charge ) and they're the 2 most popular mons ATM
even without waterium Araquanid is good, some sets carry lefties, berries or just mystic water and it works perfectly
and it's also one of the best wide guard user in the meta
>>
Remember when you just thought "Hey this Pokemon looks neat"?
>>
>252+ Atk Choice Band Water Bubble Araquanid Liquidation vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 366-432 (102.5 - 121%) -- guaranteed OHKO

??????
>>
>>31992463
How many Chanseys are going to switch in/stay in on an Araquanid, though?
>>
>>31992463
>432 hp

Nice meme calc
>>
>>31992463
That is hardly impressive
>>
>>31992462
I 'member those days
>>
>>31992462
I still think that
>>
>>31992460
Things that weigh it down:

>Meme-ish 42 speed
>Low HP to hinder its good defenses
>Susceptible to all entry hazards
>Relies solely on Water STAB to do any damage whatsoever
>Strongest STAB physical move is only 85 BP

However:
>252+ Atk Choice Band Water Bubble Araquanid Liquidation vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 174-206 (52 - 61.6%) -- 98.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

>252+ Atk Choice Band Water Bubble Araquanid Liquidation vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 404-476 (62.9 - 74.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Anything that doesn't resist it gets hit hard. Personally, I think it works well in the late game as a slow but powerful sweeper, but I lack experience in S/M to make that call.
>>
File: happy spider.gif (1MB, 319x240px) Image search: [Google]
happy spider.gif
1MB, 319x240px
>>31992462
I still think this. Araquanid is great.
>>
>>31992434
t. golisopod
>>
>>31992527
I was talking about competitive pokemon, so entry hazards aren't relevant
water has a good neutral coverage, walled only by Fini and Gastrodon, it can 2HKO Kartana with the def drop, so he doesn't need anything else
And trick room is strong right now, and he pairs nicely with P2 ( and still works outside of soft / hard TR teams )

and since you don't need coverage, you have kind of a free moveslot, usually substitute or toxic, and they're both currently really strong tech choices
>>
>>31992553
>I was talking about competitive pokemon, so entry hazards aren't relevant
I don't know what the fuck you're talking about, entry hazards are relevant.
>>
>>31992569
Smogon singles =/= competitive pokemon
>>
>>31992527
Hell, it can almost OHKO Celesteela with Mystic Water Liquidation.
>>
>>31992636
Mostly because most of the celesteelas nowadays have more offensive spreads
>>
>>31992647
Now I know this is anecdotal evidence, but I fought a Celesteela that was a staller (Leech Seed, Iron Defense, Heavy Slam, and I believe Protect) and I nearly OHKO'd it with an in-game Araquanid.
>>
>>31992580
i don't think you know what competitive means. just because smogon isn't official doesn't mean it isn't a competitive format.

also you're responding to a thread specifically talking about araquanid's place in smogon's metagame. no reason for you to be trying to so hard to force vgc on people when op clearly doesn't care about that otherwise they would have mentioned it.

do you do this a lot, just bring up an unrelated topic in the middle of other people's conversations to try and get attention?
>>
>>31992683
>a thread specifically talking about araquanid's place in smogon's metagame
the thread is about how good araquanid is
I'm answering that araquanid is actually pretty great
my post is related to the topic, I don't know why that bothers you so much
>>
>>31992702
OP was talking about how it's in RU - a Smogon format. Smogon is also the standard format for most players on here.

have a (you)
>>
>>31992434
Power swap with Deoxys attack with trick room is fun. you just surf everything to death and bring out a lighting rod user when the opponent switches in an electric. Even better with rain
Its all over if deoxys dies before the power swap though
>>
>>31992702
they specifically mention smogon and nothing else. they clearly don't care about vgc, so this "smogon boogeyman i-it's not competitive pokemon!!" is out of place and just shitposting. try harder next time retard.
>>
>>31992702
OP was talking about a smogon format, "RU." Thus they assume you mean smogon fan formats rather than the real game format. Pay attention next time, smogon is fucking garbage and is indeed forced by people as "official" but it's the topic of the conversation at hand so nobody will know what you mean when you're talking about the actual games.
>>
>>31992723
> and thought it would actually be viable
I see no mention of smogon here
but whatever floats your boat anon
>>31992738
> this "smogon boogeyman i-it's not competitive pokemon!!"
who are you quoting ?

The only people shitposting here are you faggots getting mad for no reason, this is a thread about araquanid and I post about araquanid, you are posting about things that are both irrelevant and not about araquanid
>>
>>31992747
And why can't it be both ?
>>
>>31992758
Because there is no tier system in the real games, the only semblance of such is special battle.

Remember, if they mention a tier, they mean fan formats. If they say online or VGC, they mean playing the actual games.
>>
>>31992749
So you have literally no reading comprehension and are unable to read between lines? Are you the type who gets mad at videogames when the plot is not given to you through infodumps and you actually have to infer stuff?

Kill yourself retard.
>>
File: 1485846172888.png (2MB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1485846172888.png
2MB, 1024x1024px
>>31992434

Said the sub 1200 faggot
>>
>>31992758
Fan formats are unofficial, fan produced media that has no influence on the games other than making some players into whiny cunts when you don't follow the fan rules in the real game, VGC and other on-cart formats are the rules you follow when playing the actual game and are strictly enforced by the game itself, regardless of fan bitching or their made-up rules.

You can't have both at the same time.
>>
>>31992460
>Completely counters sun teams

In what fucking world do people use sun teams? Also
>Arcanine most popular
>Playing VGC
>>
>>31992749
>OP says it's RU
>No mention of smogon

are you retarded or blind?
>>
>>31992463
252+ Atk Choice Band Water Bubble Araquanid Liquidation vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 404-476 (57.3 - 67.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

This is the real calc you fucking cuck
>>
>>31992841
I think he meant in rain. Either that or as a Z-move.
>>
>>31992460

>Sun
>Good

you know what also counters Sun teams? Anything with Flash Fire.
>>
my only complaint is no sticky web
>>
>>31992955
And Recover. Might've been an OU staple with those.
>>
>>31992821
>unofficial, fan produced media
>vgc is what you actually play on cart
Why can't you have both at the same time?
Isn't that literally the point of Smogon?

>>31992955
>>31993051
>sticky web
>recover
would make it better? lol- what the fuck are you fuckers even talking about?

ITT: people discussing competitive who have never played a competitive game of pokemon in their lives (no; defending your elite 4 title does NOT count).
oh right, fuck. i'm on 4chan
>>
Araquanid @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Bubble
Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 244 Def / 12 SpD
Bold Nature
- Liquidation
- Lunge
- Leech Life
- Power Split

Takes out Garchomp once it uses Power Split. Though be sure to bring a teammate with Wide Guard to help it not flinch against Rockslide, and don't worry about most Electric attacks unless they're Thunder or Gigavolt Havoc, as it will survive a Electric Terrain T-bolt from a Timid Koko.
>>
>>31993119
You can but it'll usually be in person, so it doesn't matter. There is no way to force an anonymous player over the internet to conform to made-up rules by people who don't have jack shit to do with the actual cart gameplay and rulings.
Smogon exists so people can experiment and play with fanmade rulesets and "balances" that aren't in the game. They have no bearing on the real thing, only their own simulator. Sure, like I said, there are plenty of whiny cunts who try and force people to use it online in VGC by rage disconnecting when a player uses spore twice or minimize or some such, but that won't get you very far there.
I will repeat once more: Smogon is unofficial and has nothing to do with the real 3DS games. Nothing will force people to use smogon rules unless it's agreed in person, since VGC and random battles have no way of contacting the other person most of the time.
>>
File: IMG_0751.jpg (437KB, 1800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0751.jpg
437KB, 1800x1200px
>>31992462
>not knowing about all the hidden stats.

Man I miss that. Kinda takes the piss out, knowing all this stuff. Competitive Pokemon, not even once.
>>
>>31992434
Araquanid is very relevant in the current VGC
>>
>>31993119
Probably because a lot of really good strategies and pokemon/abilities are banned to hell and back by smogon, and since they aren't banned on cart, people can use them as much as they want. Can't make people obey smogon if there's no such thing in the carts online.
I can use mega fug anytime I want in special battle but it's banned on smogon. I can use Gothitelle in any battle period but it's banned on smogon. Etc.
>>
>>31992434
as if anyone would care about Smogon... it's pretty useful in VGC and the majority of players don't do competitive anyway. Move on.
>>
SpiderDuck has won five regionals in a row now I think so at least it's having success somewhere
>>
>>31993227
>Gothitelle banned
Why? What did I miss?

>>31993168
>You can but it'll usually be in person, so it doesn't matter.
That does not make any sort of sense. What the fuck are you even trying to say?
>They have no bearing on the real thing, only their own simulator.
Which... is literally the entire point of smogon?
Do you not get that? Or..what?
>there are plenty of whiny cunts who try and force people to use it online in VGC by rage disconnecting when a player uses spore twice or minimize or some such, but that won't get you very far there.
Lol, what the fuck are you even babbling about?
Are you seriously trying to get me to believe that there are people that attempt to use Smogon rules in a non-Smogon format?
I mean, there are autists on here that wouldn't surprise me if they did so, so I suppose I can't fault you for pointing out the idiots.
But... Seriously- what the fuck point are you trying to make?
>Smogon is unofficial and has nothing to do with the real 3DS games.
So pokemon is 'real' and smogon is 'not real'? Is that seriously the argument you're going for?
>Nothing will force people to use smogon rules unless it's agreed in person
So the only way to have a civilized battle is to be open with communication?
WOAH!
You just wrinkled my brain.
>>
>>31993284
shadow tag
>>
>>31993318
>shadow tag
Ah. Right. Hrm.
>>
>>31993227
Boy, inescapable trapping and ridiculously, horrifyingly unbalanced Pokemon like Mega Fug and Megamence really make the game better.
>>
>>31993344
I have literally never understood that about Anti-Smogon-fags.
>hurr durr, I want to fight Mega-Fug in every format
>but for some reason my favorite shitmon can't stand up to megafug?
>REVOLT!

what even the fuck
nice dubs btw
>>
>>31993284
Gothitelle was banned because of Shadow Tag.

You were saying that there's no reason people can't do both smogon and cart play.
You were using online battles as an example.
Online battles are played anonymously for 99% of VGC battles on cart. Thus, there is no way to do it with smogon rules.

>That does not make any sort of sense. What the fuck are you even trying to say?
You can play with friends and such with rules you agree on, but VGC online and random battles it's impossible.
>Which... is literally the entire point of smogon?
I was the one who stated that to you since you didn't seem to get that they can't affect the game.
>Lol, what the fuck are you even babbling about? Are you seriously trying to get me to believe that there are people that attempt to use Smogon rules in a non-Smogon format?
Yes, it's very common to experience rage quitting online when using stuff not deemed smogon-approved.
>But... Seriously- what the fuck point are you trying to make?
You said
>unofficial, fan produced media
>vgc is what you actually play on cart
Why can't you have both at the same time?
Isn't that literally the point of Smogon?
And I said that you can't because they are separate media.
>So pokemon is 'real' and smogon is 'not real'?Is that seriously the argument you're going for?
Yes, Smogon is fanmade and cart is official. One is not a real Pokemon game, the other is.
>So the only way to have a civilized battle is to be open with communication?
If you want to use smogon rules and play on cart, yes. I was explicitly referring to online competitive battling rather than local friendly battles but if you want to focus on that, be my guest.
>>
>>31993344
I said they were good strategies, not that I liked them. Get some reading comprehension and stop making assumptions.
That shit is horrible to play with or against, it's broken as fuck. Doesn't mean it isn't a good strategy to use when everyone else is doing it.
>>
>>31993284
You asked why they can't do VGC and smogon on cart at the same time. The guy told you that they can't make players use the smogon rules online. What's so hard to get?
>>
>>31993344
Shadow Tag isn't inescapable if you have a ghost type.
>>
>>31993380
>explicitly referring to online competitive battling rather than local friendly battles
If you're going to say this at the end of your post, you should have stuck to it throughout your post.
We are literally both talking about online competitive battling.

I'm having a bad morning- running off of shit dreams and no sleep- so I can't come up with logic at the moment; I would just blubber emotionally at you instead of (an attempt at, anyway) having a rational discussion.
So I will attempt to be succinct:

It appears to me that the only relevant component of this to you is queuing for random battles, and I disagree with that being the only relevant point.
>Online battles are played anonymously for 99% of VGC battles on cart.
I completely disagree with this figure, based on my own personal evidence. If all you ever do is queue for random ratings battles, I could see this; but there is so much more to competitive battling that I feel you're cutting yourself off from a large portion of goings-on if that's all your focusing on.

Both IRL (usually at tournaments where we're all playing VGC anyway) and online (where I could queue for random games or enter into bigger tournaments that can use ANY rules + rule combinations (which is LITERALLY why gamefuck added a way to do that (friendly competitions). If that isn't 'real' then I don't know what you're expecting to be)) I am usually communicating with my opponents beforehand / usually afterwards as well.
Will I submit that that's how I play the game, and that most people don't play online tournaments the way I do? Of course.
But I do all of that on the same cart.
You saying one thing I do is real and the other one isn't makes no sense to me.

okay, still emotional, and not very concise. fuck me, I tried at least
>>
File: 1484626909945.png (31KB, 244x228px) Image search: [Google]
1484626909945.png
31KB, 244x228px
>>31993473
Because your opponent totally uses it only when a ghost type is in the field right? Well, you can just switch to one if they don- oh wait.
>>
>>31993390
Damn, sorry, I did misread. I thought you were advocating for them, your tone made you sound like a VGC/battle spot fag.
>>
>>31993473
Great. I'm glad there are only 3 usable not-banned-by-GF ghosts in the entire game.
>>
>>31993496
>>31993484
git gud
>>
>>31993515
Wow, that's really helpful and constructive. I'll keep that in mind next time I play on cart and get steamrolled by a mega fug or megamence.
>>
>>31993210
>DPP protagonist
>Scald
>Drizzle Politoed
>>
>>31993515
K anon, gimme a sec while I get to 1800+ with a mono ghost team

Oh wait, dugtrio is a thing... and every dark type ever...
>>
>>31993210
>TFW everything he's saying makes sense

I'm glad it wasn't someone who didn't know what they were talking about. I can see it just as easily being "IF I EV TRAIN THE IV HERE I CAN BOOST AND ROOST TO PHAZE OUT THE SWEEPER AND SKARMBLISS THE CORE!"
>>
>>31992553
>was talking about competitive pokemon, so entry hazards aren't relevant
You must be pretty new here
>Smogon is not competitive hurr
t. retatded poser who never played battle spot neither
Fucking kill yourself vgcuck, you are the reason games are so poor of content now
>>
>>31993482
I was basing my assertions on the most commonly used form of online battling, which is using a standard format (doubles, no legends, no dupe items, etc.)
Friendly competitions are just that, friendly. They are an agreement between people to use the same rules and adopt whatever practices that are used for the duration of that friendly competitions. The most common format and the one that most players will use is anonymous with one ruleset. Most players in competitive battles (such as ones that will give the player championship or rating points) use the same ruleset for whatever format they play as, be it special, double, etc. The point I was trying to make is that, online with a normal opponent, they won't follow the same rules because they can't talk to you. Also the "real" thing is referring to the nature of smogon vs cart, as I was simply saying that smogon isn't an actual, real pokemon game due to being a fanmade simulation of the real, official cart system.
I see we misunderstood each other, as you play in an atypical manner to most players that I did not expect. I do hope you continue to enjoy the game in the manner you do. I apologize for repeating myself so often.
>>
>>31992553
>>
File: 1487723911071.jpg (3MB, 4865x3237px) Image search: [Google]
1487723911071.jpg
3MB, 4865x3237px
>>31992553
Derp
>>
>>31993571
>Atypical manner to most players

I'd beg to differ there. While VGC DOES have most of the tournaments, etc. I'd argue OU singles is the more common playstyle among the masses.

btw, different anon here, you two keep going, this was just my two cents
>>
>>31993167
Verlis, is that you?

I really wish this kind of set would work, though, but I could only see it working if moves like Power Split carried over between switches, and even then it's still highly dependent on what you can switch it into.

Also:
252 SpA Life Orb Tapu Koko Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 12 SpD Araquanid in Electric Terrain: 367-432 (107.9 - 127%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Maybe if it's holding a scarf or something, but don't most run specs or LO or Z-crystal?
>>
>>31992553
>>31992580
Kys vgcancer
>>
>>31992580
Smogon singles is actually more competitive than the official Singles format offered by GF (3v3 Battle Spot). As it is, it's hindered massively by a lack of Sleep/Evasion clauses and lack of full 6v6 option. The absence of a tiering system, one of Smogon's most shat-on additions, actually hinders BS, as any bans are pretty much retarded blanket bans(lol no box/event legends) that
a) limit your options (ok, fine, its not like anyone's gonna miss Kyurem-B)
b) solve absolutely zero of the problems that bans are intended to solve.
You get retarded ass scenarios where Mega Cheshire Cat is perfectly legal while Phione is banned.
t.3v3 BS comp player
>>
>>31992553
>Smogon is not competitive
It must be hard to have a life like you loser. Almost a decade after vgc startet being a thing, not only OU is still relevant but still the most played meta regarding this game.
>>
>>31993537
Okay, all anon's comments aside. Listen dude. Playing Mega Fug is no fun, I get that. Cart play usually bans mega fug in competitions and I'm sure it's banned on battle spot if you want it to be.

Mega Salamence can be beaten. You just need to find a way to do it. I usually status it first with a prankser mon.

Another thing about Pokemon (and I've discovered this on Smogon too) is that your team will never be 100% ready for every strategy there is. Mega Mence is an important one so I'd work on that first.

>>31993549
You got good. Congratulations

>>31993344
Yup and are there not people complaining about Smogon stall? Wasn't there dugtrio suspect just recently? People seemed really divided about that. It's almost as if letting a community decide on what pokemon can be used is just as bad. Also full 6v6 was abandoned on cart for good reason.

>Oh but people who complain about Smogon just cant play.

Yea but maybe people who complain about battle spot and VGC can't either.
>>
>>31993603
Yeah I'm not saying smogon isn't a hugely popular playstyle, just that it isn't one that the games enforce. Friendly battles like the one they described usually are OU styled (or agreed to be), just not official competitive.
>>
File: pepe_meme'd.jpg (141KB, 803x688px) Image search: [Google]
pepe_meme'd.jpg
141KB, 803x688px
>>31992553(You)
(You)
>>
>>31992553
This needs a screen cap and I need to be in it.
Retards of this level are hard to be found though.
>>
>>31993657
I see, I see. Makes sense.
>>
Why can't ye all just play your separate rulesets and keep on that side of the fence?
VGC players with their fancy big dragons and shit, superpowered things bashing into eachother at sonic speed and plopping status everywhere
Smogon players with their slightly less fancy dragons and slower things hitting eachother less hard with less status (because of that one sleep thing and no batons)
>>
File: 33e.jpg (37KB, 600x448px) Image search: [Google]
33e.jpg
37KB, 600x448px
>>31992553
You are sad and funny at the same time
>>
>>31993718
Because some VGCfags feel entitled enough to go lash out against anybody with a different format because of insecurities, and some smogon elitists think they're better than VGC players for "using strategy"

It's sad really, most people on either side are calm, collected, and don't care too much about the other, it's just these vocal minorities of elitistic assholes copypasting sets and thinking they're geniuses or verlis-loving triggerable dumbasses thinking anything but muh official formats is garbage and should be outlawed.
>>
>>31992462
>>31992493
me too, just because a pokemon isn't as horrendously OP as a pseudo doesn't mean you cant build it into a competitive set and have some fun with it

hell, i've built loads of low tier mons for fun, still do, cause i fucking love them

theres fun for everyone anons have some
>>
>>31993718
That's what I'm wondering. VCG people are usually really inflammatory and invasive into any thread about singles, it's irritating and I wonder why it happens.
>>
>>31993744
Because some smogon players have been known to get very spergy when people don't follow their rules and act very entitled and picky. Keep in mind I said some, but remember how quickly false generalizations are made based on key individuals.
>>
File: enhanced-17159-1423068265-32.jpg (69KB, 501x585px) Image search: [Google]
enhanced-17159-1423068265-32.jpg
69KB, 501x585px
>>31992553
>>31992580
>>31992702
Kys tpcocksucker
>>
File: 1480378578873.png (174KB, 326x326px) Image search: [Google]
1480378578873.png
174KB, 326x326px
>>31992553
>>
>>31993653
And then you met volturn SUB DD Salamence team archetypes, trust me man, your argument doesn't hold up in the slightest, you are used to offensive Salamence only on Gen6 battle spot, in the smogon format for the brief time it was "tested" Salamence tore an asshole in the metagame for that very set and the inclusion of the mixed attacker that preyed on the things that could hope to stop volt turn sub DD archetypes.

6v6 singles is a whole nother beast in momentum when compared to 3v3 BS singles and 4v4 doubles, Salamence is way more broken in that context.

Do your research on sub DD Salamence and how this thing can actually set up on even banded mamoswine after a slow volturn or a z memento.
>>
>>31992434

>Has won nearly Regional
>Bad

Oh wait, RU. Maybe it does suck in your fanmade metagames?
>>
>>31993653
>Yup and are there not people complaining about Smogon stall? Wasn't there dugtrio suspect just recently?

That's what's good about tiers and suspecting, though. If something is detrimental enough to the game that a large group of people care enough to start complaining, something gets done about it. Nothing like that would ever happen with GF, who doesn't release balance patches or anything of the sort. Are you honestly telling me the game is better with megamence around? What about Aegislash or M-Kanga? These rules are put into place for a reason, and I firmly believe they make the game better.
>>
>>31993787
Yes, we get it, Smogon is fanmade. Why be such a cunt about it, though? Couldn't you have gotten your point across by saying that it's good in VGC and leaving it at that?
>>
>>31993787
It actually sucks in metagames that allow tricores to be formed, tell me how does Araquanid hope to beat a Mega Latias+Scizor+bulky Grass tricore, tell me bro, how does the "42 speed water only final destination" bug fares against common cores in 6v6, it's speed kills momentum, water while a good offensive type is mediocre as the only real stab, it's bulk is decent at best and not enough to handle the pummeling of higher tiers.

If Araquanid had u turn it could be a fucking great mon, but as it stands now it is a momentum killer.
>>
>>31993657
hey friend, original emotional fag back again.
>just not official competitive
I can agree with the 'official' bit, but it appears like you are disregarding every other form of competitive just because it isn't 'official'.
Just because you say things like
>Friendly competitions are just that, friendly
There have been non-VGC related pokemon video game tournaments where there are monetary or other valuable prizes in the past, and there will continue to be that, far into the future.
And I'll continue to say that things like Mega-Fug and, even barring that, centralizing in general (read: CHALK or things like it) is one of the biggest problems with the VGC format as a whole, so I thoroughly enjoy playing / caring about other formats, as well.
I definitely get more enjoyment out of the game, that way.
But- that is a personal opinion. And I know how much those are hated here ;p
>>
>>31993865
>It actually sucks in metagames that allow tricores to be formed
do you not know what AFK is, or are you just being intentionally thick?
>>
>>31993617
Damn, I didn't check that. Best bet would to make Araquanid a late game bulky attacker after you've taken care of Koko or any other known Electric user, and maybe include a Lightning Rod team member just incase. Though by then you're building a team around it.

I really hope the next game(s) gives it some damn good moves. I want to use this pokemon.
>>
>>31993840

Responding in kind to the OP, who immediately assumes that because a Pokémon is bad in the format he plays, that Pokémon is just bad. I don't go around making threads saying "WOW GRENINJA IS DOGSHIT, WHY WOULD ANYONE USE SUCH A FRAGILE MON".
>>
>>31992434

Araquanid is a thing on vgc and smogon doubles, because Trick Room is an actual efficient strategy in any format that isn't singles.
>>
>>31993897
The fact that you have to sacrifice that much momentum to even make Araquanid useful is enough proof that it won't be used by the masses.

All the Pokémon I listed form other cores, but Araquanid? Nah it just works as a one trick pony that might force a switch or risk getting RK after its attack.

Face it, it's just not cost efficient on the team building part of 6v6.
>>
>>31992553
As a smogon player whose IQ is higher than 140 (I'm a physicist), fuck you.
>>
>>31993631
No one think thinks that 3v3 is competitive, buddy.
>>
>>31993976
you're trying too hard
>>
>>31992553
Congrats, you triggered a bunch of pseudo competitive players.
>>
>>31993885
Well yeah of course, I don't necessarily like the overpowered OHKO machines infesting VGC. I don't mean to say that other ones don't have competitive players who play with skill and for prizes, I was competitive solely in the online player sense for the cart. The majority (and I mean most players) don't have access or choose not to participate in real life tournaments or such, despite how common they are. It reminds me of local fighting game tournaments. Sure they aren't official and most players play online or couch, but they are competitive for that portion of the playerbase. I just would like to put that as separate from the majority, as I typically focus on the official formats when discussing such things rather than the (admittedly very fun) smaller ones organized by store owners and such.
I don't mean to play down how you have fun, I just meant to keep the different forms of competitive play separate. It's good that you enjoy more formats, don't stop enjoying things because they aren't official.
>>
>>31993934
I mean, Greninja has been shilled as an incredibly powerful pokemon and is usually very solid/ovewhelming to most that see it. I'm assuming the majority of /vp/ plays singles, as well, Smogon or not. Araquanid's viability was also highly contested on /vp/ after the water bubble secret got out because of its rather poor typing and stats, whereas Greninja has a pretty decent, changeable typing and excellent stats. Overall, it's not shocking to see a thread like this because it's easy to assume the vast majority of /vp/ plays singles and at least saw the controversy about its viability, whereas making the thread you were talking about would assume everyone plays doubles, which sees less play overall.
>>
>>31993659
there are no hazards in battle spot or vgc
retard, whimsical self proclaimed competitive players metas on a fanmade simulator full of bugs and non sense clauses is laughable garbage
>>
Speaking of cancer, I don't play much competitive nowadays.
What makes megamence so broken? Not contesting it, just asking since I haven't played against one.
>>
>>31994106
It's incredibly bulky, hits super hard, and is very fast. It has access to incredibly powerful STAB options, recovery, set up moves and coverage. It's a discount mega ray.
>>
>>31994120
I see. All I remember about super fug was that it erased some of the weaknesses it had and did a shitload of damage.

One side question, do people still make fun of the little fella because it's crescent shaped?
>>
>>31994140
Yes, it's hideous and I hate how they ruined regular Salamence's one shot at glory with such an ugly design.
>>
>>31994106
It's speed has gone way up and it can make use of it's flying type stab

Also more bulk in general
>>
>>31994140
I like it
People are making fun of it now for going ultra edgelord mode, go look up the thing's dex entry
>>
>>31994150
Aw poor little guy, stumpy-ass legs were hilarious on megamence.
>>
File: 250px-Marriland_Vlog[1].png (92KB, 250x259px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Marriland_Vlog[1].png
92KB, 250x259px
>>31992553
>competitive pokemon
>>
>>31994167
Ah, faster is always good.
>>31994178
It's edgy now? I thought mence was supposed to be the super happy dragon because it can fly after Bagon wished for it. Do megas have dex entries now?
>>
>>31994106
It has everything any Pokémon would wish for.

An spammable stab.

Bulk

Recovery

Even more switch in bulk with intimidate.

Coverage.

A set up move.

Enough speed and bulk to make supberb use of substitute.

A free lo on its introduction reduced to sharp beak on gen7.

Relatively decent defensive typing.

Hits like two trucks from both sides of the spectrum.

It's just too fucking good.
>>
>>31994208
I suppose my initial assessment of "cancer" wasn't too far off then. Does anything counter it?
>>
>>31994202
yeah, go look up mence's, I don't want to spoil it for you
>>
>>31994263
K, I still don't have the stone yet because I haven't got enough BP.
Been using Tapu Lele and Celesteela as crutch pokemon to scrape up some BP for stones and a destiny knot. I'm going to go see Malakazam's entry, I didn't know they get new ones for just megas this time.
>>
>>31994282
only alolan ones though, remember we never got the national dex
>>
>>31994298
Oh yeah cool, just the ones in the battle tree store. I mean a 300 dex was nice to complete for a change but I like the certificate for the nat one. I'm glad they didn't include the 85 scanner only ones in the reg dex, that would have been a pain in the ass to do.
>>
>>31992434
fuck off Golisopod, it always will be mor erelevant than (you)
>>
>>31994354
That would imply that hurting poor Golisopod's feelings didn't take him below half health and trigger EE.
Do not bully the buggo, he's a good boy too. Bug/water types are friends.
>>
>>31994234
counter it, no
it has so many viable sets there's no end all counter for it, but you can check it with different walls depending on the set

and I say check because that thing hits so fucking hard you can only switch in so many times before dying
>>
>>31994507
Ouch.
Should I go for that stone first in the battle tree then? Crutch pokemon for battle facilities would be useful for me to get a destiny knot and a choice band/scarf, which I need right now for my Lele since she's running a LO.
Sometimes I'm glad I stay away from online though.
>>
>>31994234
Nothing straight up counters Megamence, you have weak and string checks to it depending on the set, but sadly most need to stay above 85% hp to avoid being 2hko by a RESISTED move or are demolished by the coverage of another move, revenge killing mence is also a tricky deal as this shit often breaks 3 Pokémon before going down, and most Megamence teams form ridiculously good offensive cores that mean breaking 2-3 Pokémon is already GG even after Salamence is gone.

Porygon2 is the most universal check to Salamence, but depending on the set it loses to DD double edge or Draco Meteor from mixmence if it takes SR damage twice.
>>
>>31992553
Kek
>>
>>31993787

WOAH MAN PACHIRISU IS SO GOOD!
>>
>>31992833
Why didn't he respond to this
>>
>>31994776
because they're a falseflagging retard and can't come up with a reasonable sounding stupid comeback for it.
>>
>>31992749
>who are you quoting

are you being serious? i was quoting you right here >>31992580 the smogon boogeyman part was just for extra effect.
>>
File: 1476048454928.jpg (128KB, 1280x1122px) Image search: [Google]
1476048454928.jpg
128KB, 1280x1122px
>>31993210
>>31993561
>>
>>31994566
Porygon2? Good to know my old dream ball P2 is still my buddy for battle.
Thread posts: 131
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.