[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming /nintendo-switch-save-da

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_1958.jpg (23KB, 460x200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1958.jpg
23KB, 460x200px
http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/nintendo-switch-save-data/

Save data for switch games is stored on the switch itself. Does this ruin any possibility of a main series Pokémon game on the switch? Discuss.
>>
>>31992426
Why would it?
>>
Next gen you'll have to buy pokebank to save your game anyways
>>
File: IMG_0211.jpg (74KB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0211.jpg
74KB, 380x380px
>>31992426
>wanting mainline Pokemon on the Switch at all
>>
>>31992454
I pretty much agree. The Switch is a nice console but I prefer my Pokémon games to be more portable. The 3DS is light and compact, the Switch is...Kind of big, and you need a carrying case to avoid damaging the controllers.
>>
>>31992426
you're a fucking retard, there's nothing to discuss
>>
>>31992443
Yeah, I don't get the issue?
>>
>>31992443
>>31992474
You would be able to let a friend play through the game or even replay the game yourself without you losing all your progress and event items. There's a reason they prevent you from trading your Snoralium/Mewnium.
>>
>>31992489
>replay the game yourself
Yeah but you'd have to have another switch, wouldn't you?
>>
>>31992500
Also, if it's that big of a deal, then theoretically wouldn't it hurt every game and not just Pokémon?
>>
>>31992506
Most games use multiple save slots though.

That said, this may even be easier, since you can probably back up your save on your PC and then start a new game, no? May not be possible out of the box but with homebrew definitely.
>>
>gen 8 comes out
>not developed by GF
>no longer able to transfer your pokemon across
>basically a reboot
>battle system no longer turn based
>more action oriented with qte basically a roaming fighter
>>
>>31992458
The switch isn't big at all. It can literally fit in my pants' pockets. The controllers are more annoying, but if you have a jacket on you can just have them in those pockets.
>>
>>31992500
Wouldn't save data be account locked, in which case creating a new account should suffice for starting a new game
>>
>>31992583
How fucking huge are your pants? It's almost 25 centimeters in length. My phone is 10cm shorter and barely fits. I wear standard jeans by the way.
>>
File: qdl3hemsbtm5mfzi8q3s.jpg (70KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
qdl3hemsbtm5mfzi8q3s.jpg
70KB, 800x600px
>>31992628
>>
>>31992641
Half the fucking thing is out of your pocket. That can't be safe.
>>
>>31992646
Not everything's safe when you're living on the edge
>>
File: Nights-of-Azure-XboxOne.jpg (373KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Nights-of-Azure-XboxOne.jpg
373KB, 1920x1080px
>>31992521
>action pokemon
You might be joshing here but a Pokemon that plays like Nights of Azure with more depth would be awesome.
+Selection of main pokemon you can play as
+Selection of AI assist Pokemon that you can give orders to
+Superbosses from all the regions
I guess it's more of a spin-off idea than a mainline though
>>
>>31992641
I hope you put a screen protector on that.
>>
>>31992641
Why would you keep it in your pocket in the first place? Don't tell me you walk around like that in public.
>>
>>31992628
>My phone is 10cm shorter and barely fits. I wear standard jeans by the way.
You're wearing skinny jeans dude. Phones should fit with room to spare.
>>
>>31992641
This console was made for idiots like you. I don't give you a year before that gets broken or stolen.
>>
>>31992641
Where the fuck are you?
>>
>>31992646
>>31992628
i can easliy fit a 1L cola bottle in my pockets. fking gays with their skinny jeans
>>
>>31992741
You have to admire the irony here.
>>
>>31992641
>joycons still on
You know if you're going to make a point at least do it right
>>
>>31992489
You can replay the game with a different user. Each user has their own savefiles. It's not console-bound or cartridge.bound, but account-bound.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.