[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think GF employees say between themselves when deciding

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

What do you think GF employees say between themselves when deciding buffs for Pokemon... or just game designing in general

>"ok we gave Magcargo has 60 HP now that'll make a good wall lol, let's pass to the next shitmon on the list, let's see... Wormadam, has 3 different forms and looks like it's build to be a slow defensive pokemon but has pretty shit stats, should we give it like +20/30 HP, access to something like Recover or Sticky Web?"
>"Nah just give it Quiver Dance to make use of its wonderful 36 speed LMAO"
>"AYYYY... we're done for today, it's paycheck time!"
>>
>getting butthurt when your favorite trashmon doesn't get buffed the way you wanted
>>
>>31983780
>butthurt
i don't even care for it, i'm just making fun of their retarded logic
>>
>>31983780
Not OP, but I love Wormadam and I'm mad.
>>
i dont know what criteria they use when designing pokemon, but you can tell that some are deliberately designed to function a certain way in battle
>>
>>31983727
GF doesn't care about competitive battle despite it being a core part of the franchise since RBY.
Otherwise they wouldn't have just done things like:
Give Megas random stats, typings, abilites and designs.
Give/Take moves from pokemon at random like Bounce Magikarp and the like.
Keep making the same types of pokemon we've had for years like the huge amount of water types and lack of fire, poison, and rare types like electric/ice.
>>
It's kinda hard to buff the shitmons when you have literally hundreds of them
>>
>>31984139
Maybe if they hadn't made them shitmon it wouldn't be an issue in the first place

And it's not hard to buff them, they ARE doing it, just not well at all. Hell, I'VE buffed the first 3 gens of shitmon, anyone could do it.
>>
>>31984171
but if everyone isn't a shitmon

then no one is
>>
File: nani.png (298KB, 600x512px) Image search: [Google]
nani.png
298KB, 600x512px
>>31984173
>>
>>31984179
let me rephrase that

If ALL Pokemon weren't unusable competitively, then they'd all be on about the same level, and then none of them would be good. Either that, or the whole process of shitmons and usable Pokemon would start all over again. Point is, there's no point.
>>
>>31984191
Nigga, there is a clear difference between stuff that isn't good enough to use competitively, and stuff that is barely even useable in-game.
>>
>>31984198
ok

so how would you go about changing shitmons without upsetting the overall balance of tiers
>>
>>31984191
If every pokemon could compete, then that'd be ideal. Would you rather have a game where every pokemon stood a fair chance or a game where stuff like Tapu Lele and Garchomp take a massive dump on 90% of the other Pokemon in the game?
>>
>>31983801
GameFreak doesnt usually give things moves etc to fit the stats;
Wormadam is the female counterpart to a moth, thus close enough to being a butterfly to get Quiver Dance.

Its a shitty bug that hangs from trees and is covered in trash/debris so of course its going to have tiny HP and be slow as fuck.

>>31983824
A select few, yes. But the overwhelming 90% or so of Pokemon, are not.
>>
>>31984205
Why is upsetting the tiers a bad thing? There'd be a bit of chaos, but afterwards every fully-evolved Pokemon would have some niche and at least be usable. Obviously best ones would rise to the top, but at least the former absolutely irredeemable mons would stand a chance.
>>
>>31984205
Tiers are a construct and they don't have a "balance" you idiot.
It would be GOOD if all Pokemon were closer in usability.
>>
>>31984209
You cant perfectly balance anything with more than 3 options. The only way to make Pokemon truly balanced is to give every single Pokemon in the game 100 in every stat, remove Abilities, and make everything learn nearly every move.
But wouldn't you know it, that doesn't actually work because you'll still have your Celebi and Abomasnow and Aurorus and Garchomp will still have the best typing in the game
>>
>>31984205
>actually implying the primary focus when adjusting shitmon stats should be fanmade tiers
Smogon was a mistake.
>>
File: 1488676964957.jpg (28KB, 374x532px) Image search: [Google]
1488676964957.jpg
28KB, 374x532px
>>31983809
Same. Trash Cloak Wormadam's my favourite Pokemon, and they could have at least given it some of its tutor moves. It was at least usable when it could get Electroweb and Stealth Rock- now there's pretty much no reason to use it over something like Forretress.
>>
>>31984230
I just want things to be closer, not absolutely perfectly balanced. Again, just so current shitmons can stand a chance. I know there's always going to be best, but the gap doesn't have to be as insanely huge as it is right now.
>>
>>31983809

At least it will be usable in game without being broken in the DiaPer remakes.

I'm excited to get a kricketune too with technician fury cutter/fell stinger
>>
>>31984259
It'll also probably still learn leech life, but at a higher level.
>>
>>31984282
JFC, I hope not. At least give it some niche to make it usable. If they take away its one good thing I'll be so damn mad.
>>
>>31984288
Leech life has high base power now, I don't think it will be one of its starting moves.
>>
>>31984315
That's what I meant. Something to make up for its horrendous stats, a secret weapon that lets it keep up with the rest of the Pokemon in the region.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.