[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hidden power is horseshit. A universal move that allows pokemon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: 3.png (10KB, 1243x103px) Image search: [Google]
3.png
10KB, 1243x103px
Hidden power is horseshit. A universal move that allows pokemon to blow past their checks or even counters shouldn't exist.

Y/N
>>
>>31982163
You don't think that something like that helps balance a game like Pokemon? I certainly think it does. It keeps braindead OUfaggots on their toes.
>>
>>31982163
Ive been of this opinion for a long time. Even worse are the ridiculous unlock requirements (if you can even call it that way) which only encourage people to hack
>>
File: 1486064020067.jpg (78KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
1486064020067.jpg
78KB, 1200x675px
>They introduce a physical Hidden power
How does this change the meta?
>>
>>31982171
it only makes OU powerhouses even stronger
>>
>>31982178
This. HP is only great for special attackers. Physical attackers have nothing still.

Which is strange, because after the special/physical split, they created Giga Impact to serve as a physical version of hyper beam.

GF get your fucking act together. Also,
>still no Fairy type HP
>>
It's to weak to be useful against anything but 4x weaknesses. And it's special-only.
>>
File: menace.png (98KB, 431x431px) Image search: [Google]
menace.png
98KB, 431x431px
>>31982163
It keeps cancer like Ferrothorn and Landorus-T in check. Honestly, most 4x weak pokemon that people pack HP for really deserve it, I think hidden power is necessary.
>>
>>31982882
>No HP Fairy
That would require a new type algorithm for the move which, you know, takes effort
>>
>>31982163
your mother is a fucking whore
>>
>>31983621
Sure you showed him
>>
>>31982882
>>31983606
they should rework Hidden Power in general and Unown
>>
>>31982178
It's fucked desu. It's just fucked. Some things do not need that much fucking coverage.
>>
>>31982882
I always thought hidden power should behave in a similar way to the download ability:

>if the user's Atk is higher, HP calcs off the Atk stat and is considered physical
>if the user's SpA is higher, HP calcs off the SpA stat and is considered special
>If both Atk and SpA are in a tie, HP runs off the user's SpA

Dunno it just seems fair to me this way. No idea how to implement HP fairy tho.
>>
>>31982163
i'll be blowing past your mothers cheeks if you know what i mean
>>
>>31982882
Name 5(Five) Pokémon that would benefit from having HP Fairy.
>>
>get rid of hidden power
>grass types are even worse
>>
>>31983667
>>31982882
Its best usage would be against Dark/Dragons, Dark/Fightings or Dragon/Fightings like Scrafty, Hydreigon, Pangoro, Guzzlord, Kommo-o. Which are both innumerous and rarely encountered in real battles. It would also require the Pokemon to not be able to learn Dazzling Gleam, and most of the Pokemon threatened with Pursuit trapping from the Darkies are Psychics or Ghosts that can learn it through TM.
>>
>>31982163
"Universal" You know it has very specific uses only though right? And it fucks over Pokémon that have barely any weaknesses already as is, like Ferrothorn and Landorus-T. It's not unbalanced at all.

Also, for retards saying there should be a physical version, physical sweepers don't even need them because they are by default more powerful than special sweepers. There are more Pokémon with higher attack stat than special attack with overall higher numbers and everyone and their mother gets Swords Dance.
>>
File: zomg.gif (438KB, 207x233px) Image search: [Google]
zomg.gif
438KB, 207x233px
>>31983650
>>
>>31982163
Imagine having someone who only vaguely knows what Pokemon is read this.
>>
>>31983683
and electric types.

fucking zapdos and magnezone run hidden power. the coverage for the entire type is garbage
>>
>>31982163
You just got fucked over by getting hit by a 4x weak hidden power online, didn't you?
>>
>>31983896
I don't understand a word of it..
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.