[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can anyone actually play and enjoy the Pokemon online TCG?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1453899708658.jpg (111KB, 478x640px) Image search: [Google]
1453899708658.jpg
111KB, 478x640px
How can anyone actually play and enjoy the Pokemon online TCG?

>Can't play standard because I don't want to just chuck money into digital cards every time a new set comes out
>Can't play other formats because I can't dump tons of money into rare overpowered cards.
>Even if I did, the game isn't even fun because it's just a matter of who can get their big EX card powered up first, which comes down to a single coin flip
>Can't even play pre-constructed because if you play any deck besides the one Gallade deck that everyone plays, you're gonna get assfucked to death.
>If you play that one Gallade deck, it's just a matter of who can draw the most energies.

This card game is fucked.
>>
>>31982162
Someone who plays every popular tcg here. Pokemon is appealing because:
A) Cheap af. 4 shaymins only $90 which is pretty much all you need
B) Online is fucking fantastic compared to the shitshow that is MTGO
C) Basing so many mechanics around coin flips really gives you real hope when you're behind. This is opposed to yugioh or magic where you scoop if you feel like you're slightly behind.
D) Huge deck diversity.
E) Cute pokemans on each card
It is the ultimate casual comfy game. That said, i'm not selling my $600 mtg netdeck any time soon
>>
>>31982201
Also, to add onto the casual thing, there is no ranked ladder or shit like that. Which is a plus in this kind of game.
>>
Dunno about the others but the first one IS a crossdressing doujin, not a futa.
>>
>>31982201
You make really good points.

I'm just assblasted because I keep getting steamrolled.
>>
>>31982162
>Can't play standard because I don't want to just chuck money into digital cards every time a new set comes out
lolwat

you literally can't spend money on anything in PTCGO client unless you're a Canadian

everything is bought with in-game currency or won via in game tournaments, both of which you earn by playing the game

congrats on being a faggot I guess
>>
>>31982162
Sounds like you are just bad at card games in general. I recommend the My Little Pony, Naruto, or Bakugan games. Something more up your alley :^)
>>
>>31982201
This. You think $100 is a lot for a deck, try playing yugioh where you need 3-6 $100 no matter what deck you play.
>>
>>31982253
Also mental might (the gallade theme deck) hasn't been good for ages lmao

Not like you should ever be playing theme once you have a semi playable standard deck but still
>>
>>31982162
what would your mother do if she'd find your hentai comics?
>>
You don't have to spend any irl money to get good stuff on PTCGO if you just learn how to trade.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.