[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

We need much more of the stuff on the left, and none of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 5

We need much more of the stuff on the left, and none of the stuff on the right.
>>
>>31979413
Explain
>>
>>31979433
Left showcases various locations from old games that either have puzzles, relatively intricate map design, are optional, or any combination of those.

Right isn't even level design, it's just things that skip areas (thus robbing the player of map to explore) or a single empty corridor.
>>
The bus and elevator are fine, as long as you can traverse their paths without them. Which in SM, you can't.

Also Distortion World was shit.
>>
>>31979413
Dark Souls is a good game. It has elevators, so why not put them in Pokemon. It has caves, so why not put them in Pokemon. It has buses, so why not put them in Pokemon. Pokemon could stand take a few more cues from Dark Souls.
>>
>>31979413
I agree. No issues here.

The bus disappointed me, because i was travelling down the route and was forced to take the bus down anyways
>>
>>31979470
Except you can explore part of the mountain the bus skips?
>>
>>31979521
But it's just a straight road that leads to a bus stop anyways
>>
>>31979521
He's talking about the trail up the mountain that the bus takes anon. Not the final road leading to the bus stop.
>>
>>31979521
There are three bus stops, one on Route 10 and two on Mount Hokulani. There's a part of the mountain between the lowest Hokulani stop and the Route 10 one that is inaccessable. And long.
>>
File: 1486961432559.png (2MB, 1180x2072px) Image search: [Google]
1486961432559.png
2MB, 1180x2072px
>>31979413
You missed walking into a volcano and getting teleported to the top.

Also fuck all these black screen transitions. There is no point to having all the routes scaled down if there is a loading screen to even get to the routes. This is basic fucking jrpg game design dating back to the fucking 80's.
>>
>>31979413
I agree solely because I feel like Gamefreak doesn't flesh out the overworld as much as they used to in the older games. There are parts where it just feels unfinished or rushed to get it on store shelves on time due to 3D taking longer to do. I wouldn't be surprised if this is the actual reason we've been seeing a smaller amount of new Pokemon in gens 6 and 7 either.
>>
>>31979413
real millenial hours

pretend dpp were good if you up
>>
>>31981743
>here are parts where it just feels unfinished or rushed to get it on store shelves on time due to 3D taking longer to do
3D takes MUCH less work and effort than 2D and sprites. Anyone who says otherwise doesn't know fucking jackshit about how videogames are made.

The issue here is that Gamefreak has been full of incompetent people who can't code or program since day fucking 1 and still is 20 years later.

And then you have chucklefucks like Masuda who literally say and laugh on your face how they are purposely gutting content just because.

The problem is not Pokemon, the problem is Gamefreak. Go play any other Pokemon game not made by Gamefreak and your jaw will drop because the difference in quality and effort and love put on it will completely blow you away.

I cry every day because Gamefreak were the ones who hit this goldmine instead of anyone moderately competent. Even fucking Bethesda would be better at this point, at least that way people would be able to mod Pokemon games and fix them easily.
>>
>>31982625
i cant handle these feels
>>
>>31982625
>I cry every day
There's your problem
>>
>>31982625
Again, no issues here, you're right. Also, GF knows they dont have to try as hard anymore
>>
>>31982625
>Even fucking Bethesda would be better at this point
Let's not say things we'd regret anon even if you're right about the modding.
>>
>>31982625
I honestly thought the issue was cart space
>>
>>31982625
Minimal effort policy, it wouldn't be worth for them to make decent changes. I never expect anything good from them that goes beyond a battle zone, like the battlefront or the pwt.
>>
>>31979413
Holy shit I forgot about those crazy puzzles from the old games, also the annoying caves. Thanks god GF didn't put them back in the new games, I would have stopped playing them because of how hard they are.
>>
>>31979413
We need more
>shitty ice puzzle caves
>ships
>a trainer inside a cave
>a world of literally nothing
I guess
>>
>>31984535
I would've stopped playing because of how fucking tedious they were
There's no difficulty in them, you just walk around aimlessly
>>
>>31984540
Why is the place so full of contrarianfags?

Puzzles are way better than having literally nothing
>>
>>31984553
Actually I'm not even sure, I'd rather have more towns and shit instead of puzzles
They're just fucking stupid
>>
>>31984553
People here hate gen 1 because it's popular. So they perform mental gymnastics to hate everything that's associated with it and embrace everything that's different from it (even if the new stuff is objectively worse).
>>
>>31984561
You may as well play a visual novel if you just want the game to be about walking to different towns and talking to people.
>>
>>31984561
But towns and shit are something, whereas an empty corridor and a bus that skips a zone anre not. These puzzles are quite boring and shit indeed
>>
>>31984585
And you might just play the lottery if you think having another 50/50 guessing game of ''which of these arrows gets you onward and which of these returns you to the fucking start of this dungeon once again'' or ''which of these holes in the ground leads to not where you've been a hundred times''

>>31984587
I know, I'm not defending them, I'm just saying I dislike puzzles.
>>
>>31981576
There's actually no loading during those transitions.
>>
>>31984597
If you think that the puzzles in Pokemon are 50/50 guessing games you must be literally retarded. They can almost all be solved with a little bit of thought. It's people like you that are the reason why Game Freak are dumbing down their games and handholding the player so much.
>>
>>31984613
The screen still blacks out because they can't be bothered to animate simple actions like opening a gate.
>>
File: 01.png (51KB, 529x533px) Image search: [Google]
01.png
51KB, 529x533px
>>31982625
>The issue here is that Gamefreak has been full of incompetent people who can't code or program since day fucking 1 and still is 20 years later.

Its even worse now days since these games get day one releases worldwide, so now we all suffer these buggy messes whereas before japan beta tested these games for the rest of the world(even though they still released buggy shitshows). The way GF handled the Skydrop glitch is the most embarrassing shit I've ever seen at the time.

>you have chucklefucks like Masuda who literally say and laugh on your face how they are purposely gutting content just because.

You're right it takes a certain brand of foolishness to give the games identities based of gameplay features as opposed to giving games identity by way of level/region design, pokemon selection, likable but simple characters and simple serviceable story. These chucklefucks are focusing on story now more than ever and all they've proven is that they can't writ their way out of a paper bag. The characters are more insufferable since GF can't write. The pokemon selection is literally Kanto dex guest staring whatever new pokemon for that gen(hidden behind low encounter rates). The region for gen 7 feels like a goddamn Hawaii themed tour.
>>
>>31984614
I just played XY and in the flare HQ I stepped on the left arrow tile instead of the right and boom, all the way to the start.
I remember the same in Emerald, over at that water current place in the cave and whatever
I don't fucking get how these frustrating and tedious mechanics make the games so hard for le hardcore gamers like you

>>31984634
Actually it's to swap the camera angle
>>
>>31979413
Don't forget the volcano in SM. Gotta love teleportation entrances.
>>
>>31984676
>enemy team makes it difficult for a child to infiltrate their hideout
How is this a bad thing? And it takes less than a minute to get back to where you started anyway. If you seriously think that the older Pokemon games were hardcore then you need to kill yourself.
>>
>>31982625
Faggot
>>
>>31984721
>enemy team makes it difficult for a child to infiltrate their hideout
>the child has to resort to gambling
epic
how about the enemy team makes it difficult to get their asses kicked, that's what i'm here for.
>>
>>31984729
>how about the enemy team makes it difficult to get their asses kicked
Evidently it is difficult for you to kick their ass if you can't get past their simple puzzle
>>
>>31984755
but I can, I can do it all over again with no other losses than wasting time and the game getting on my nerves for no reason
>>
>>31984768
If it frustrates you then it's doing its job correctly. If you think Pokemon puxzles are tedious then you have some serious issues.
>>
>>31984793
>If it frustrates you then it's doing its job correctly
I guess we have different thoughts on how to design a game then
>>
>>31979413
>No matter how many variations of these threads people make, there will always be autists who defend Gamefreak's removal of content.
You're literally the reason Pokémon is being slowly butchered to death. Kill yourselves.
>>
>>31984872
>content is automatically a good thing
Why not add guns into this game? That's content, right
>>
I've been playing a monster catching RPG that has them as a weapon class for the monsters to wield.

It can work, Gamefreak is just full of pussies who think toddlers are their audience.
>>
>>31984884
>implying things we've had in previous games is equivalent to adding firearms to a kids' game
wew
>>
>>31984907
Sounds like you're not liking content here.
>>
File: 1477771741831.png (273KB, 469x480px) Image search: [Google]
1477771741831.png
273KB, 469x480px
>>31984597
The "puzzles" in pokemon games are designed for braindead 5 year olds. The multi floored dungeons always have the floors lined up ontop of each other so that you can tell where you'll fall before you drop down.

These "puzzles" are so insultingly easy that they're not even puzzles at all. Not a single kid at elementary school got frustrated or stuck in gen 1 victory road or team rocket hideout. Yet here you are acting like the game is forcing you to do a goddamn math project simply because you have to stop pushing buttons on the dpad for 5 seconds to think before you move.
>>
>>31984938
Then why do you want them, pray tell?
>>
>>31984884
>unrelated features that go entirely in the opposite direction of a game's argument are somehow comparable to features that expand on gameplay and immersion
Nice reaching faggot try again
>>
>>31979413
I agree Alola could've used more Dungeons, but fuck Seafoam and Mortar. They might've been fine as baby's first dungeons, but they weren't mine, and I hated every bit of them. For one, there was no fucking challenge. The "puzzle" wasn't fun or interesting, just time wasting. The scenery was shit. Having to use a repel every 250 steps was also annoying as fuck. The only thing they achieved was waste my time with something I figured out how to do in a second, but will take a shit load of time to accomplish. I prefer grinding to this bullshit.

They had more complex design, but they were just infuriating and shit. I'm playing the game to have fun, not be annoyed. If I had to pick between those and the nothing SM had to offer, I'd pick SM without the slightest bit of hesitation.
>>
>>31979413
WE NEED FUCKING BATTLE FRONTIER GODDAMNIT FUCK
>>
>>31984946
Because it's more interesting than walking in a straight line to your next destination.
>>
>>31984561
But SM doesnt give us that either

>>31984535
>>31984552
I personally dont see how people can prefer nothing to a difficult thing.

Sinnoh's Victory Road is pure shit but it's still better than the one in SM
>>
>>31985157
Remember 5 years ago when /vp/ would have threads complaining about interviews where Game Freak said that they were pandering to children who found the games too difficult? These children now browse /vp/.
>>
>>31985113
How about more battles and wild pokemon instead of that shit

>>31985157
I don't prefer anything, I just said how shit they were.
>>
>>31984535
>, I would have stopped playing them because of how hard they are.
>>>>being this retarded that a tiny little challenge a squirrel could solve makes you give up
>>
File: 1479790764964.png (75KB, 315x415px) Image search: [Google]
1479790764964.png
75KB, 315x415px
>>31984946

I actually want challenging puzzles in the games.

God forbid we have at least something that forces a player to stop and think for a few seconds as opposed to mashing that dpad at all times or popping a repel and cruise control thru zubat cave #48 unopposed.
>>
>>31985198
Because the game already has plenty of battles and wild Pokemon. This adds variety to the game. If you just want battles only then just play Pokemon Showdown.
>>
>>31985157
>difficult
That's the thing. It wasn't "difficult". It was annoying and boring. Rather than something annoying and boring that would take time to complete, I'd have no Victory Road so I can quickly go do things I want to do. Things I find fun.
>>
>>31985198
How do you get more wild battles by walking the shortest possible route and being teleported half way to your destination if not the entire way
>>
>>31985216
Then play a puzzle game. I don't get why you're defending this when you literally admitted they weren't challenging.

>>31985298
How did you get the assumption I like the way S/M handled it?

>>31985234
Then get something else to do, something that relates to Pokemon.
>>
>>31984855
You are fucking autistic.
>>
>>31982613
I kekd at your memeing but PT is a peak of the series.
>>
>>31985308
They weren't exactly challenging "at least not for an adult" but they weren't mindless. If you can't tell the difference then maybe you shouldn't play video games.
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.