[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So... How many Trainers canonically own legendaries? Does

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

So... How many Trainers canonically own legendaries?
Does Gladion count?
>>
>>31979268
Frontier brains, N, Benga, Gladion. A lot of them actually.
>>
Some Cipher Admins, N for two years, and Gladion if Sivally counts.
>>
>>31979273

>Implying battle facility teams are canon.
>>
>>31979268
Some random trainers in the battle frontiers etc. They gathered from around the world the battle the very best
>>
>>31979287
>they're not canon because I say so! waaah!!!

fuck off retarded canonfag.
>>
>>31979287
That's one thing I never understood; the Facilities status as canon
>>
>>31979287
Anabel is canon so I do believe all the others are too.
>>
Lusamine?
>>
>>31979328
I don't think Ultra Beasts count as legends
>>
>>31979313
She only uses legendaries in the Battle Tree.
>>
File: Lillie_Pokemon_anime.jpg (198KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Lillie_Pokemon_anime.jpg
198KB, 1280x720px
Forgetting someone?
>>
>>31979352
Ever since she appeared on Emerald she had a legendary with her. And SM Anabel it's the same old one, so GF brought her back considering that. The Tree only confirms that she still owns Entei, Raikou and Latios.
>>
>>31979370
She doesn't own Nebby anymore, you know.
>>
>>31979306

Their existence is canon. Them being filled with random trainers far stronger then the regional champ isn't.
>>
>>31979398
>Ever since she appeared on Emerald she had a legendary with her
In the battle facility, anon. In route 8, she does not uses the legenday beasts. This MIGHT imply that battle facilities teams aren't canon.
>>
>>31979498
I think GF just didn't want to send her with 3 legends along with her other strong pokémon since you just had beaten the league, and she had high levels too.

We don't have a way to know about other brains, but Anabel was so connected with the facility and they reference that, so I just can't accept that they recognize her, which was a frontier exclusive character, that she was the leader of a facility but don't recognize some of her pokémon. It doesn't make sense, otherwise she wouldn't have her Alakazam or Snorlax anyways.
>>
>>31979561
>I think
>I just can't accept
What you think is not a fact, anon. N and Benga use a legendary outside battle facilities, so Anabel could use one too.
But she didn't. There is nothing that implies that she owns a legendary pokemon outside battle facilities.
Her team in the battle Tree is just a reference to the BF, nothing more.
>>
>>31979268
Temporarily, N (Zekrom/Reshiram), Ghetsis (Kyurem and Zekrom/Reshiram) and Lillie (Cosmog line).

Permanently (?), MCs of ORAS (Rayquaza), BW (Zekrom/Reshiram), XY (Xerneas/Yveltal) and SM (Solgaleo/Lunala), and Gladion (Type:Null line, if it counts).

As it's been said, there are some Battle Facilities trainers, but I'm not sure who, and if it actually counts.

Anyone else?
>>
File: 72090_1303424703185_full[1].jpg (21KB, 342x192px) Image search: [Google]
72090_1303424703185_full[1].jpg
21KB, 342x192px
>>31979268
YFW this guy appears in the last episode with this theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJg3EhFveqg
>>
>>31979615
>Benga
Sorry about that, I'm not sure if I can consider him. But N yes.
>>
>>31979615
The character is canon now, her facility is recognized too and so it's her old team. OP asked which trainers canonically own legendaries. Emerald Anabel owned/owns, so it counts.

SM Anabel still owns but if you're going with "ehhh, actually" just because she doesn't use her Latios, Entei, Raikou along with Alakazam, Snorlax and Salamence/Weavile/Mismagius against a fresh champ while you go "well she doesn't use therefore she doesn't have it anymore lol", than whatever.
>>
>>31979811
>The character is canon now
The character, not her facility's team.
>"well she doesn't use therefore she doesn't have it anymore lol", than whatever
Are you a kid? It's like saying that is canon that the MC catch any non-box legendary.
>>
File: 1482630657040.jpg (200KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1482630657040.jpg
200KB, 900x1200px
>>31979268
Some of the protags have them.

Brendan has Rayquaza and Latios or Latias
Lucas has Giratina
Hilbert has Zekrom
Calem has Yveltal or Xerneas
And Sun has Lunala or Solgaleo

Them and N are the only trainers with a box legendary.
>>
>>31979856
So you either don't count the legends as canon, leaving only Alakazam and Snorlax as her team or you just don't count the whole team as canon at all, which if it's the latter there's no point discussing since you're ignoring what the game straight up offers to you, while everything else around her, the character, the leader position, the facility which she's responsible, being canon. It doesn't make sense.

Tbh it's pretty late now for me and I don't care that much to go further on this. You can ignore and move on. Good night.
>>
>>31979940
>Tbh it's pretty late now for me
Yes, you are a kid. Things like "I think" and "whatever" show this.
Put in your mind kid: Battle facilities teams aren't canon. It's simple as that.
>>
>>31979626
>XY
wasn't it optional capturing the legendaries?, i thought you only needed to release them from the machine.
>>
>>31979268
Yes, Gladion counts as Silvally is designated as a sublegendary in the game code.
>>31979346
UBs do indeed count as sublegendaries in the same vein as genies and regis.
>>
>>31981005

I hate this argument so much......there is nothing "legendary" about Type: Null and outside of hacking the game you'd never know about that erroneous label gamefreak gave it and other pokemon in the same boat.

All it does is give "BAN ALL LEGENDS, LEGENDS OP!" idiots more fuel to work with because they're "legendary" on an extremely loose technicality.
>>
>>31981829
It has the same sub legend green color in the pokedex as the UB and Tapu doesn't it?
>>
>>31980003
100% mandatory.
The game even holds off on unlocking Box 31 until this fight so you can't somehow become unable to catch the covermon.
>>
>>31979268

to be honest if we look at this seriously I believe that legends are truly legends that no one in pokemon world ever has...I guess that must be fucking rare to even fucking find one...
>>
Whoever GF decides is the canon male and female trainers from Sun/Moon will have their legendaries, respectively.
>>
>>31979923
You sure it is mandatory to catch Giratina in Platinum?
But you're right about Brendan/May's Lati@s.

>>31981829
Even ignoring game codes, Type: Null has as much reason to be considered a legendary as Mewtwo. Both are synthetic, modified versions of a Mythical Pokémon that are limited in number and can't breed. The differences are their powers (while Mewtwo is stronger than Mew overall, Silvally is weaker than Arceus), the ability to evolve, and the numbers (there supposedly is only one Mewtwo, but there were 3 "Type: Full"). And none of those reasons is that relevant to take out its status, so far.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.